Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

These characters need to return, NOW!

ThatCheer

Seriously, we were hoping to see Trixie in S2, and he returned in S3. We think the same of Gilda, and well, since she was a weak and flat character she obviously didn´t return. Then Flim and Flam return and...ufff...

But, why those one-shot characters can´t return? I refer to:

• Lightning Dust
  • Cheese Sandwich
  • Maud Pie
  • Suri
  • Diamond Dogs
  • Steven Magnet

The reason of why the two characters mentiond above returned and the other don´t was because they were fresh and really good characters, a large amount of fans, and because they serve to do a contrast to the protagonist, showing what they could have become.

AND WHY THESE CHARACTERS CAN´T RETURN WHEN THEY HAVE A LOT TO SHOW!!

• LD served to show the bad aspects of Rainbow Dash, and since a lot of Wonderbolts episodes are coming, i can see her returning.
  • Cheese Sandwich good development and is not really fair that they only use him for the keys.
  • Suri was another counterpart to Rarity.
  • These two last characters (Magnet and DD) got a lot of fans and fanfics, and the first one was a FUCKING MEME GODDAMNIT!!

So, ¿What are the reasons to not bring they back?

I WANT ANSWERS!!! I WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH!!! YOU CAN´T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! FORGET IT, IT´S CHINATOWN!!

PD: I want Chrysalis and Zecora to return also, duh.

Edited by ThatCheer
  • Brohoof 1

Oh man, I'd love for Suri to keep making an appearance. She's adorable! And Cheese, but that might be more difficult due to constraints with Weird Al's schedule, sadly. But I can dream!

As for the rest of them, I'm not sure when they'll reappear, but I have confidence they will. The writers will need to dip into them to make episodes eventually! Or so I hope, haha!

We're overdue for Gilda though, I'll admit!

• Brohoof 1

I thought Maud was going to return in Season 5?

Anyways, if the Diamond Dogs returned it would be interesting. I don't know how they could make a good episode out of it, but I trust the writers would come up with something.

The Diamond Dogs? No thanks. :P

But I'd like to see the "key" characters again (Cheese Sandwich, Seabreeze...)

I thought Maud was going to return in Season 5

Yes she's going to return in a Pie family episode.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh man, I'd love for Suri to keep making an appearance. She's adorable! And Cheese, but that might be more difficult due to constraints with Weird Al's schedule, sadly. But I can dream!

As for the rest of them, I'm not sure when they'll reappear, but I have confidence they will. The writers will need to dip into them to make episodes eventually! Or so I hope, haha!

We're overdue for Gilda though, I'll admit!

If Gilda returns someday, they need to give her the development that didn´t have in his debut. Maybe in a redeem episode, she will explain her motivation for being a bully like Babs Seed, and accept help from RD and Pinkie.

But if we get Lightning Dust instead, either she redeems herself or she retuns in a similar way like Trixie and start causing trouble to Dash team; Perhaps she starts thinking that the Wonderbolts are stupid for wasting her potential, and starts training alone, without any leader to annoy her, becoming faster than Rainbow Dash. She creates her own team, composed mainly of rejected aspirants to the Wonderbolts, and they try to prove how useless are the Wonderbolts system, by attacking their flyers and other thins. Then she starts ruining everything Rainbow Dash do at the academy, and at the end she reveals her agenda: Teach her that he didn´t need a trainer or anypony to tell her what she has to do, she had everything he wanted inside of her all the time.

Kinda like him.Zoom_0021.jpg

Did i extent my dreams too much?

The Diamond Dogs? No thanks. :P

But I'd like to see the "key" characters again (Cheese Sandwich, Seabreeze...)

Yes she's going to return in a Pie family episode.

DADDY PIE WILL APPEAR? YAY

Then i take that.

Edited by ThatCheer

I'd really rather they didn't bring back certain characters like Gilda. Not every character needs a fucking redemption. It's okay to hate some characters.

<_< Then you get a million fanfics of "oh they had a rough life" or some shit like that. Apparently it's not possible for MLP characters to just be terrible people. It actually makes the cast even more cardboard when everyone is just an eventual Twilight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, what on earth happened to Steven Magnet? I'm surprised he's still remembered. :lol:

However, I would really love Gilda to make a return, to be honest. Trixie did, which made me very happy... But Gilda would make me happier... ^_^ I don't know what it is, but there's something about one-shot characters returning in a later season that I adore. :muffins:

Trixie has already made a return, but I'd like to see her back again and again. I'd actually like to see an episode where she ends up helping the mane 6. Not necessarily in a major way. I'm not talking about her and Twilight joining horns Canterlot Wedding stylee (though that would be cool too). Just something small.

A return from Maud would be fun.

And is happening in season 5 anyway.

I don't have any real desire for Suri to make a comeback, but Coco Pommel would be nice. Cheese Sandwich would be good too.

But what I'd really like to see would be for some of the longstanding background characters to be given some bigger roles. I'm not talking about them becoming the focus of a whole episode each, just the occasional scene, like Derpy got in Last Roundup. More than a single line (which many of them have already had), but some kind of conversation or action that advances the plot of the episode. I'm looking at you Apple Fritter, Flitter, Cloud Chaser, Lyra, Sweetie Drops, Blossomforth, Roseluck, Thunderlane, Rumble, Peachy Pie, and Sunny Daze. I mean, these ponies live alongside the mane 6 and must have some interactions with them. Why don't we see more of that?

I know that the 100th episode is going to focus on background ponies, but I don't just want one episode about them. I want them to be worked into many, many episodes.

Edited by Vital Spark

I'd definitely like to see Maud Pie come back in at least one more episode. I thought she was really interesting because she's the exact opposite of Pinkie, which is a good thing because, if there's one thing Pinkie can use it's balance in her life and Maud seems to balance her out wonderfully.

I wonder if MLP will ever do an episode where they'll do little stories on the side and background ponies? It'd be nice if they did, especially if they did one on Derpy. I could watch that one over and over!

post-31850-0-69960000-1422894950_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

We think the same of Gilda, and well, since she was a weak and flat character she obviously didn´t return. 

Speak for yourself, I loved Gilda and would love to see her back

As for other characters, Lightning Dust, and maybe Suri

But, why those one-shot characters can´t return? I refer to: Lightning Dust Cheese Sandwich Suri Diamond Dogs

I don't see why these characters absolutely need to return. This show is primarily about the main six, so unless these characters are integral to the story, they're not going to reappear.

Maud Pie

Patience, she was only just introduced. I'm sure she'll reappear in Season 5.

Steven Magnet

Who?

Oh, you mean that sea serpent from the pilot...  :unsure:

Well, we already know Maud is returning for season 5.

I kind of want to see characters like Lighting Dust, Gilda, and Cheese Sandwich return. Cheese Sandwich cause he's awesome and the other two because I want to see some development with them.

The Diamond Dogs? Maybe? If they can use them for something else that would fit for them.

Steven Magnet? Sorry I found him annoying.