Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The first MLP Tag Team Tournament - Solar Eclipse are your winners!

TailsIsNotAlone

Well... This is new =p

We actually have to work together 0.o

Too tired for Sunny propaganda tho... *just imagine tonnes of pics on the dotted line*

• Brohoof 3

Lyra and Octavia vs Diamond Tiara... and Tirek. It's like you know who I am... and you hate me.post-28184-0-20012300-1424727804.png  

Still, going Loyalist, if only because Tirek would take up a lot of the slack, and seeing Diamond Tiara wrestle would be absolutely priceless.

Whether she won or not.diamond_tiara_vs_the_bear_part_2_by_dx11

• Brohoof 2

I voted, though going with my favorite characters. Twilight, Rarity, Celestia, Octavia, Doctor Whooves. I would have voted for Trixie but I didn't because I didn't want to vote for Discord. Also while Luna is possibly more my favorite then Celestia... I felt the older, less appreciate, sister deserved the vote more.

Sighs, I wish the royal sisters could have formed a team then I could have voted for both.

Edited by EquestrianScholar
  • Brohoof 1

Sweet chin music is definitely one of my favorite of the tag team names like come on its HBK! but really there are a lot of good tag names props to you TailsIsNotAlone if you came up with all of them.  :D

A flash of inspiration.  :blush:

Ooo, Trixie and Discord are catching up. So are Twilight and Spike! And Pinkie and Maud have been kicking flank the whole time. A rolling stone gathers no moss, as I'm sure Maud would agree! maudsmiley_zpstuuy27ey.png

I wonder what the ponies would sound like cutting promos. Applejack would definitely have to be the talker of her team.

"Now Twilight, you know that I love ya and all, but t'ain't nopony in Equestria who's gonna beat the Apple family in a good ol' fashioned throwdown! Right, Big Mac?"  :wat: 

"Eeeeyup."  :mellow: 

BTW, I think we all know who Diamond Tiara's favorite wrestler would be...

• Brohoof 4

THE PRINCESS AND THE DRAGON vs THE BAD APPLES

Victory for THE PRINCESS AND THE DRAGON. Spike can breathe fire. Enough said.

SWEET CHIN MUSIC vs DEATH AND TAXES

Victory for DEATH AND TAXES. Diamond Tiara could take out SWEET CHIN MUSIC solo. (Or she could have Randolph do it for her.)

THE WONDERBOLTS vs ROCK CANDY

Victory for ROCK CANDY. Maud is capable of throwing the Wonderbolts out of the area, literally. But she's not really into winning, so leaves it to Pinkie who is faster than any pegasus (see Griffon the Brush Off), and can anticipate the Wonderbolts' every move (see Feeling Pinkie Keen), giving her an easy victory.

THE WHOOVIANS vs BURNIN' LOVE

THE WHOOVIANS go back in time and prevent Braeburn from even being born. The judges decide that this is against the rules, so they are disqualified and ordered to replace Chrysalis' team mate posthaste.

I COULD HAVE BEEN A DANCER vs CRUSADER CHIC

A captain of the royal guard and a powerful alicorn versus a dress-maker and her little sister? An easy win for the former team was expected. However, Cadence made the mistake of calling Rarity's outfit "ridiculous". Moments later the referee declared CRUSADER CHIC to be the victors, and had to call in four strong stallions to pull Rarity off Cadence.

SOLAR ECLIPSE vs EQUESTRIA GAMERS

Sunset Shimmer goes for the weaker half of her opponents' team. Meanwhile Celestia banishes her sister to the moon for the duration of the match. Victory for SOLAR ECLIPSE.

CHAOTIC GOOD vs THE PAGE TURNERS

Trixie sweeps Rainbow Dash up into a technicoloured hurricane, which spins into Daring Do, throwing them out of the ring. Meanwhile Discord's meddling creates a localized alternative reality where getting thrown out of the ring wins you the match. THE PAGE TURNERS win.

ANGER MANAGEMENT vs HOME REMEDIES

Moments before the match, Zecora announces that as a pacifist, she refuses to take part in the fight, leaving Apple Bloom to face her opponents alone, while Zecora meditates in the blue corner. Iron Will's personal motto, or rather one of his many personal mottos, is to never hit a little girl. Or at least, to avoid doing so. Fluttershy takes Apple Bloom out with her stare. Victory for ANGER MANAGEMENT.

UPDATE: I wrote all of the above having not voted yet. Having now voted and seen what other people have been voting for so far, six of my predictions match up with the votes. It's only the first two that I called wrong, and THE PRINCESS AND THE DRAGON and THE BAD APPLES are only one vote apart, so that could still turn.

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle
  • Brohoof 4

I contend the Doctor would never go back in time to prevent someone from being born, especially one that isn't some universe destroying threat!

Sweet Chin Music had more votes, why did they lose?

I'm kinda surprised to see THE PRINCESS AND THE DRAGON gaining on THE BAD APPLES and THE WHOOVAINS gaining ground on Burning Love a lot of close races going on, also good to see Sunset and Celestia getting some love. 

• Brohoof 1

Man, what a comeback by THE PRINCESS AND THE DRAGON. Looks like this match isn't over yet.

• Brohoof 2

waht....why?

Sunset's going to attack the weaker half of the opponent's team because she doesn't stand much of a chance going head to head against Luna. (As much as I love Sunny, I don't think she could realistically handle wrestling an alicorn.) So she takes care of Button Mash and lets Celestia deal with Luna.

Edited by VitalTwilightSparkle

Man, what a comeback by THE PRINCESS AND THE DRAGON. Looks like this match isn't over yet.

Spike and Twilight are now tied with AJ and Big Mac!  :blink: Meanwhile the Whoovians have pulled ahead and the Page Turners are barely holding their lead. Just a few days to go...

We've actually seen Cadance and Shining Armor tag team, so I'm surprised they're losing.

I am not surpised, as while I like Shining Armour many fans do not. It is sad to say but Cadance and Shining Armour are still not the most popular of characters, and when they first appeared there was many that spoke against them.

This I feel plays a large part in why these two are behind in this tournament.

I am not surpised, as while I like Shining Armour many fans do not. It is sad to say but Cadance and Shining Armour are still not the most popular of characters, and when they first appeared there was many that spoke against them.

This I feel plays a large part in why these two are behind in this tournament.

I demand objectivity for love horse and shield horse! Repent and change your votes!

• Brohoof 2

We need a tie breaker for THE WHOOVIANS and BURNIN' LOVE

It happened! And not a moment too soon, because Round 1 is officially in the books!

Read my summaries of each match in the OP for kicks. (Credit to VitalTwilightSparkle for the idea of Shy using the stare on Apple Bloom.)

This is gonna be good! The main character and her dragon vs. the background pony dream team, two sisters who are so sweet they ROCK vs. pony time travelers, the ruler of Equestria and a reformed brat vs. the cutest creatures alive, and Rainbow Dash and her role model vs. Fluttershy and Iron Will, who have taken self-help to a whole new level! If you thought reading The Secret was painful, you ain't seen nothin' yet.  B)

Well I voted, again voting for Twilight Sparkle and Spike. I do wish I didn't have to choose between Celestia and Rariy but I went with the princess, no matter how much I love the fashion mare. I also decided that a mare of adventure would do well, and with her greatest fan even better.

I will say I hope Dr Whooves and Ditzy catches up, especially since I feel no matter the capabilities of Pinkie and Maud... the Doctor and his assistant would still at least make the match close, I mean this is the millenia  plus year old timelord we are talking about.

It's time for round 2 guys.

I am such an attitude era mark. :P

I hope that the princess and the dragon go all the way and win it all. :)

• Brohoof 3

You know with all the sibs there could be a tourney for best sibs alone.

Now everybody cheer with me:

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381964428810975665933446128475648233786783165271201909145648566923460348610454326648213393607260249141273724587006606315588174881520920962829254091715364367892590360011330530548820466521384146951941511609433057270365759591953092186117381932611793105118548074462379962749567351882724891227938183011949129833673362440656643086021394946395224737190

Hey why am I the only one cheering?

Aww man, I lost my place.BiunxPLCEAAQG6x.png