Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

57 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

The NXT UK fans must be excited. :squee:

yeah, they might finally get to see the man who broke a former WCW champion in half over WM 35 weekend.

• Brohoof 1

TAZZ is a commentator on AEW DARK now!? :blink:

Is AEW going to become Impact Wrestling 2.0 where they'll have a few good years & then become the new joke of the wrestling world?

Edited by Sparklefan1234

12 hours ago, TheRockARooster said:

I’m thinking of being Sting from the nWo Wolfpac, this year.

Does anybody think that’s a good idea?

Sounds awesome! Go for it!

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

TAZZ is a commentator on AEW DARK now!? :blink:

Is AEW going to become Impact Wrestling 2.0 where they'll have a few good years & then become the new joke of the wrestling world?

Let's hope not ^-^;; I think WWE has a bigger chance of rotting depending on how this year goes.

Also The Elite vs. Butcher/Blade/Lucha Bros. has become my favorite match of 2020 so far, it was so epic~

Happy to see my girl Nyla Rose getting another title match too

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

Let's hope not ^-^;; I think WWE has a bigger chance of rotting depending on how this year goes.

While I may enjoy using a lot of WWE's current crop of wrestlers in 2K video game series (Because I get to choose what they do for the most part.)

I also feel like this may be the least interesting roster when it comes to actually trying to watch Raw, Smackdown or NXT. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

While I may enjoy using a lot of WWE's current crop of wrestlers in 2K video game series (Because I get to choose what they do for the most part.)

I also feel like this may be the least interesting roster when it comes to actually trying to watch Raw, Smackdown or NXT. 

I don't think the talent is the issue at all, but the lack of a free creative environment. Stone Cold said in his podcast awhile back that "It's not the boys, the work ethic of the boys hasn't changed at all" and it lines up with what Moxley said about WWE's creative being very bureaucratic. I think that's what made the Attitude Era so good and what makes AEW and NWA so fun to watch is that it all feels organic. The fact that WWE botched the push of Broken Matt Hardy still completely blows my mind. You can really who has creative weight and who doesnt in WWE these days because the wrestlers that have the best storylines (ie. Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan) are the most interesting.

And I don't touch WWE 2K anymore haha. I did get 2K20 because of Chyna but I got fed up with how broken it was after a month. I'm a Fire Pro girl

• Brohoof 4

18 hours ago, Pastel-chan said:

The fact that WWE botched the push of Broken Matt Hardy still completely blows my mind.

Broken Matt Hardy wasn't a WWE creation so they probably sabotaged it on purpose. :orly:

Which is good because I thought that whole gimmick was stupid even before the Hardy's came back to WWE. :sealed:

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Broken Matt Hardy wasn't a WWE creation so they probably sabotaged it on purpose. :orly:

Which is good because I thought that whole gimmick was stupid even before the Hardy's came back to WWE. :sealed:

It prolonged Matt Hardy's career by several years. So He really hit on gold with it. Even though I had zero access to Impact at the time, I saw some of his work back then. It was, and still is, a brilliant character change and will be something that us pro wrestling fans will talk about forever. As for the WWE, it could have been better. It just feels like they didn't reach the full potential with the Woken Matt gimmick, and the potential money making feud they could have had the woken hardys be in. Didn't help that Matt was on borrowed time needing some surgery.

• Brohoof 2

On 2/6/2020 at 8:16 PM, Pastel-chan said:

I don't think the talent is the issue at all, but the lack of a free creative environment. Stone Cold said in his podcast awhile back that "It's not the boys, the work ethic of the boys hasn't changed at all" and it lines up with what Moxley said about WWE's creative being very bureaucratic. I think that's what made the Attitude Era so good and what makes AEW and NWA so fun to watch is that it all feels organic. The fact that WWE botched the push of Broken Matt Hardy still completely blows my mind. You can really who has creative weight and who doesnt in WWE these days because the wrestlers that have the best storylines (ie. Bray Wyatt and Daniel Bryan) are the most interesting.

And I don't touch WWE 2K anymore haha. I did get 2K20 because of Chyna but I got fed up with how broken it was after a month. I'm a Fire Pro girl

Reminds me of an interview Minoru Suzuki did, about how companies are trying to make their wrestlers well rounded and good at everything, but in reality it makes them all very samey and boring. That wrestlers need to have strengths and flaws in order to stand out. Ignore what they lack and build upon what they excel in. Kinda why you don't see ZSJ doing power moves,  Lance Archer chain wrestling or Moxley doing Lucha Libre. They don't need to. Zack is a string bean who can't take a hit but will tie you up in knots. Archer is a deceptively agile brawler who's prone to being out wrestled and Moxley is a death match wrestler with a crafty technical side whose temper and laser focus has caused him to be outsmarted and isolated from help. 

It's almost like characters in a story. The perfect character is boring. Characters with merit flaws feel real and tell a better story. And WWE trying to make their guys do everything is making them unrelateble. People didn't get behind Cena and Reigns because they're too perfect. People got behind Bryan, Mysterio & Kevin Owens because they have skills to be appreciated and flaws that make them underdogs. No one likes an invincible, all conquering hero. And WWE further constraining them by over producing every little thing they do isn't going to make them any more likable.  

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Adam Blampied and his top 10 lists are back with a vengeance. 

I thought Adam Blampied gave up on Youtube.

Anyway, I'd like to see Keith Lee face Samoa Joe. :orly:

15 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought Adam Blampied gave up on Youtube.

Anyway, I'd like to see Keith Lee face Samoa Joe. :orly:

He did. He owned up to what he did, got therapy and left YouTube. But he was so well received on his guest WrestleTalk spot, they hired him full time. I think he's been through enough and done enough to warrant another chance. 

And for me it's a toss up between Daniel Bryan vs. Kyle O'Riley and "Demon King" Balor vs. Aleister Black. 

• Brohoof 2

15 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And for me it's a toss up between Daniel Bryan vs. Kyle O'Riley and "Demon King" Balor vs. Aleister Black. 

I'd also like to see Dakota Kai and Asuka in a match focusing on kick-based offense. 

I was in it during the Attitude Era...but when Vickie Guerrero became GM of RAW, I withdrew, but I was the happiest man on earth when she was fired. 

One of my favorite sequences was when all the legends returned to face Heath Slater. Gah, Heath Slater is such an annoying wrestler. The one thing I wish was that Doink the Clown should've won...that would've been humiliating. 

That one wrestler, Carlito...I feel like he wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I mean...his theme alone and the way he treated John Cena...what should've happened was that John Cena should've put him into his place and spit in his place and reply: "I spit in the face of people who don't want to change their bad attitudes."

33 minutes ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I am hearing rumors that Sting wants to come out of retirement to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Those who do not learn from history...

I hope Sting doesn’t come out of retirement.

Enough damage has been done.

14 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I was in it during the Attitude Era...but when Vickie Guerrero became GM of RAW, I withdrew, but I was the happiest man on earth when she was fired. 

One of my favorite sequences was when all the legends returned to face Heath Slater. Gah, Heath Slater is such an annoying wrestler. The one thing I wish was that Doink the Clown should've won...that would've been humiliating. 

That one wrestler, Carlito...I feel like he wasn't meant to be taken seriously. I mean...his theme alone and the way he treated John Cena...what should've happened was that John Cena should've put him into his place and spit in his place and reply: "I spit in the face of people who don't want to change their bad attitudes."

You really are cool, my friend.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, TheRockARooster said:

You really are cool, my friend.

Thanks, sadly, I still think there are quite a few uncool wrestlers that need to leave WWE. I forgot to mention that Randy Orton ticked me off when he ended up betraying just about everyone and RKOed some high official...can't remember who it was. 

5 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I am hearing rumors that Sting wants to come out of retirement to face The Undertaker at Wrestlemania.

Hopefully, this would be Sting's...Last Ride. B)

• Brohoof 1