Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

Welp, this year just gets better and better for wrestling. 

Not only has the New Japan Cup and anniversary shows been cancelled. Not only Has ROH cancelled all their shows through till June, including Supercard of Honor, Past vs. Present and the PURE Title tournament . Not only has AEW postsponed Blood & Guts and the Milwaukee show I was going to last month. But news has just broken today that Best of the Super juniors has also been cancelled. Moreover the August NJPW show, Wrestle Dynasty from MSG, has also been postponed. 

Terrific :okiedokieloki: We'll be lucky if we still get All Out, Death Before Dishonor and the G1 this Autumn. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Welp, this year just gets better and better for wrestling. 

Not only has the New Japan Cup and anniversary shows been cancelled. Not only Has ROH cancelled all their shows through till June, including Supercard of Honor, Past vs. Present and the PURE Title tournament . Not only has AEW postsponed Blood & Guts and the Milwaukee show I was going to last month. But news has just broken today that Best of the Super juniors has also been cancelled. Moreover the August NJPW show, Wrestle Dynasty from MSG, has also been postponed. 

Terrific :okiedokieloki: We'll be lucky if we still get All Out, Death Before Dishonor and the G1 this Autumn. 

WWE is doing a simultaneous MITB on the roof of Titan Tower. These are truly wild times we're living in, My Friend. :wau:

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 5/6/2020 at 8:23 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE is doing a simultaneous MITB on the roof of Titan Tower. These are truly wild times we're living in, My Friend. :wau:

Well lets count all the things that have made these first 5 months wild:

1. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Hatori & Manabu Nakinishi all retired 
  2. Tatsumi Fujinami had a match in 2020 
  3. Royal Rumble was bigger than WrestleMania 
  4. WrestleKingdom was bigger than WrestleMania. 
  5. NOAH was bought by the same company that owns DDT. 
  6. Impact has two world champions 
  7. The first ever female world champion in wrestling history was crowned
  8. All of Japan's major wrestling feds put aside their differences and made a joint request to the government for sanitation supplies and testing kits
  9. Jon Moxley is a champ in both AEW & NJPW
  10. WWE fired their co- vice presidents, the ones who were gonna take over when Vince leaves
  11. WWE demoted Triple H
  12. WWE has three separate law suits to contend with
  13. WWE reneged on the network and encouraged fans to buy WM on PPV instead 
  14. Wrestling is now an essential service in both Georgia and Florida
  15. 2K20 crashed, burned and smoldered so badly that it ended up cancelling the sequel
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

2K20 crashed, burned and smoldered so badly that it ended up cancelling the sequel

And it looks like they're replacing it with a  mobile app looking game called "WWE Battlegrounds"*.

*I'm just saying that's how it looks, the game will be on consoles.  

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

And it looks like they're replacing it with a  mobile app looking game called "WWE Battlegrounds"*.

*I'm just saying that's how it looks, the game will be on consoles.  

Yeah, they've missed the point when fans said the wanted a less simulation based game. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Yeah, they've missed the point when fans said the wanted a less simulation based game. 

I don't like the looks of WWE Battlegrounds but it might be fun for a little while.

I'm trying to look on the bright side since I'm getting bored with 2K's gameplay. 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I don't like the looks of WWE Battlegrounds but it might be fun for a little while.

I'm trying to look on the bright side since I'm getting bored with 2K's gameplay. 

Still too silly for my blood and I'm not fond of the art design. It looks like diet All Stars.

Then again I haven't played any WWE games since SD vs.Raw 2011. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Still too silly for my blood and I'm not fond of the art design. It looks like diet All Stars.

I honestly got bored with All Stars after a couple of months, arcade used to be cool for me but now I prefer the simulation types of wrestling games. 

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I honestly got bored with All Stars after a couple of months, arcade used to be cool for me but now I prefer the simulation types of wrestling games. 

I'm kinda the opposite. I'm fine with outside the ring being simulated but playing the action like an actual sport takes me out of the fun. It just feels like the games have gotten more restrictive. You're not playing your own story. You're playing WWE's. Their linear stories. Repeating their history ad nauseum. Playing matches int heir format. It's almost too analogous to the real thing. 

Even if 2K20 wasn't a glitchfest, the missing features from past games and being railroaded in story mode would've turned me off. 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Denim&Venöm said:

It just feels like the games have gotten more restrictive. You're not playing your own story. You're playing WWE's. Their linear stories. Repeating their history ad nauseum. Playing matches int heir format. It's almost too analogous to the real thing. 

While I do wish the games were less restrictive in some ways, I like how I'm able to have "TV style" matches where over the top stuff doesn't happen. 

That being said, I do wish they would tell their motion capture participants to sell the moves a little bit. 

Not interested in WWE games anymore~ the last truly good WWE game for me was Smackdown vs Raw 2007. Fire Pro World is amazing and AEW has a game coming so there's no read to rely on WWE and 2K for a wrestling fix now. Plus I'm replaying No Mercy right now which keeps me a happy filly

Also, while WWE is imploding (mass releases, Roman Reigns being Benoit'd, even AJ Styles probably gonna leave soon), AEW had one of my favorite Dynamites ever!! I love those falls count anywhere brawls, takes me back to the Attitude Era ♡

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Try and name that wrestler! 

r/SquaredCircle - Christopher Daniels with a faded mullet in 1995!

Yup, I was right! He is..."The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels! 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 5/8/2020 at 3:47 PM, Pastel Heart said:

the last truly good WWE game for me was Smackdown vs Raw 2007. 

My favorite Playstation 2 wrestling game! :BrightMacContent:

I thought using a women against super heavyweights was a fun challenge due to the weight detection. 

• Brohoof 1

And we just had a bombshell announcement last night on Raw. 

Spoiler

The MITB briefcase actually has a combination lock on it! Match as been around for 15 years and I never knew that.I mean it makes sense if the wrestler actually has to travel with it. But more importantly was why the combo lock was mentioned. 

You see, that wasn't a MITB ladder match the women had. 

Spoiler

It was a championship ladder match, for the now vacant Raw women's title. And Asuka just won herself Raw's top prize without even realizing it. But why did Becky end her year long reign as champ? Well technically, she wasn't the only one who was Raw women's champion since WrestleMania.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Rarely does wrestling bring me to the brink of tears. The first was during the retirement ceremony for Jushin 'Thunder' Liger earlier this year. The second was this. Seeing Asuka so damn enthusiastic. Witnessing Becky get so emotional, thanking those who made her matter on the way to her announcement. Seeing kayfabe melt away as a hero and villain, former foes, embraced in a genuinely special moment.  This moment made me so damn happy. Right in my damn feels. :Daydreaming:

• Brohoof 1

34 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

And we just had a bombshell announcement last night on Raw. 

Reveal hidden contents

The MITB briefcase actually has a combination lock on it! Match as been around for 15 years and I never knew that.I mean it makes sense if the wrestler actually has to travel with it. But more importantly was why the combo lock was mentioned. 

You see, that wasn't a MITB ladder match the women had. 

Reveal hidden contents

It was a championship ladder match, for the now vacant Raw women's title. And Asuka just won herself Raw's top prize without even realizing it. But why did Becky end her year long reign as champ? Well technically, she wasn't the only one who was Raw women's champion since WrestleMania.

Reveal hidden contents
  Reveal hidden contents

Rarely does wrestling bring me to the brink of tears. The first was during the retirement ceremony for Jushin 'Thunder' Liger earlier this year. The second was this. Seeing Asuka so damn enthusiastic. Witnessing Becky get so emotional, thanking those who made her matter on the way to her announcement. Seeing kayfabe melt away as a hero and villain, former foes, embraced in a genuinely special moment.  This moment made me so damn happy. Right in my damn feels. :Daydreaming:

Spoiler

It felt like that segment was legit like, Asuka really didn't know.

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Hide contents

It felt like that segment was legit like, Asuka really didn't know.

Spoiler

She probably knew she was getting the belt. That celebration felt a bit exaggerated for it not to be a work. The man becoming Irish lass maker? That reaction was probably a shoot. 

• Brohoof 1