Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

(edited)
On 5/11/2020 at 2:31 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

I thought using a women against super heavyweights was a fun challenge due to the weight detection.

Case in point: the Special Challenge (where you had to beat The Great Khali with Mickie James).

Edited by Antagonist
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:
  Reveal hidden contents

She probably knew she was getting the belt. That celebration felt a bit exaggerated for it not to be a work. The man becoming Irish lass maker? That reaction was probably a shoot. 

Spoiler

I agree about Asuka's reaction to receiving the championship being scripted since, Becky didn't have the belt on her at the time.

I'm pretty sure her reaction to Becky's other announcement was real though. 

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I don't get it. :maud:

It's a thinker. LegitimateThriftyBlueandgoldmackaw-size_ :P

Also, there is this "mystery hacker" storyline on SmackDown & some people seem to think CM Punk is behind it.

Why can't the fans let him go? >_>

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Also, there is this "mystery hacker" storyline on SmackDown & some people seem to think CM Punk is behind it.

Why can't the fans let him go

Because of the one thing that keeps them invested in WWE.

Hope. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, Antagonist said:

Case in point: the Special Challenge (where you had to beat The Great Khali with Mickie James).

This challenge would probably be easier in today's 2K wrestling games since the move sets stay consistent from game to game

unlike, the THQ games.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

On 5/12/2020 at 7:01 PM, Antagonist said:

Can't do that anymore what with WWE games disabling inter-gender matches. One of the reasons I stopped playing after 2K11. You can only use your female CAWs to massacre the divas division in all manner of death matches so many times. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

You can only use your female CAWs

I haven't had a need to make a caw since 2015. The one good thing about WWE2K games is their (pretty) consistent legends rosters that rarely change

from game to game.

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I haven't had a need to make a caw since 2015. The one good thing about WWE2K games is their (pretty) consistent legends rosters that rarely change

from game to game.

I mean I guess? I mostly see WWE games as a vehicle to simulate the stuff from other promotions, since they don't exactly have their own games in such detail. Yeah, the rosters are stacked with a roster that would make PWG blush. But about a decade ago? You had to take liberties and form your own path to have any fun if you liked anything outside of WWE and it's sphere of acquisitions. 

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I mean I guess? I mostly see WWE games as a vehicle to simulate the stuff from other promotions, since they don't exactly have their own games in such detail. Yeah, the rosters are stacked with a roster that would make PWG blush. But about a decade ago? You had to take liberties and form your own path to have any fun if you liked anything outside of WWE and it's sphere of acquisitions. 

There are a bunch of indy moves in the WWE games nowadays. You could create pretty much any wrestler you wanted to.

33 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

There are a bunch of indy moves in the WWE games nowadays. You could create pretty much any wrestler you wanted to.

I'm hearing that 2K14 was the peak of the franchise. Any merit to that? How good is the creation suite and move sets over there? 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Denim&Venöm said:

I'm hearing that 2K14 was the peak of the franchise. Any merit to that? How good is the creation suite and move sets over there? 

Well, the games started to become a lot glitchier after 2K14, IMO, I would've said 2K18 had it the worst if it weren't for the WWE2K20 debacle. 

You have the ability to edit in-game wrestlers attires now & use old attires from previous 2K games

but everything else is pretty much the same as far as creation suite is concerned. 

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Well, the games started to become a lot glitchier after 2K14, IMO, I would've said 2K18 had it the worst if it weren't for the WWE2K20 debacle. 

You have the ability to edit in-game wrestlers attires now & use old attires from previous 2K games

but everything else is pretty much the same as far as creation suite is concerned. 

If I recall, wasn't this the last game for 360s and PS3s? 

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

WWE2K17 was the last game for X-Box 360 & PS3. 

Okay I think I know where I got mixed up. 14 was the last to be exclusively for that generation. 15 was the first to be part of Ps4 and XBone. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Okay I think I know where I got mixed up. 14 was the last to be exclusively for that generation. 15 was the first to be part of Ps4 and XBone. 

Yes. WWE2K15 was the first WWE game on the PS4 & X-Box One. WWE2K18 was also on the Nintendo Switch but that was a disaster. 

25 minutes ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Which version of 2K15 you get? I'm hearing that tehre was different content depending on if it was old or new systems. 

I got WWE2K15 for the PS3. 

Making a rather personal post to say that AEW has kept me going at a time where my life is completely in shambles and I'm glad it exists. Nyla Rose, Yuka Sakazaki, Riho, Jon Moxley, Matt Hardy, Mr. Brodie Lee and all the other greats on the roster that keep me believing in wrestling and that theres something to live to see every week.

Also, Dynamite...

Spoiler

I cried more for Vanguard 1s death than I did watching Titanic

• Brohoof 2

On 5/10/2020 at 2:47 PM, Antagonist said:

The latest DuckTales episode was a love letter to wrestling-fans.

Who else saw it?

I did! It was a very good wrestling episode! 

I wouldn't mind if Sting had one last match, because retiring for good on the Seth Rollins match where he was struggling to stand by the would be too sad.

He wouldn't have to do much, just have him squash a jerk heel Goldberg style or tag him with Matt and have him get his signature moves and not take any serious bumps. If Edge was able to come back then there's hope for everyone 

• Brohoof 1