Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite RPG moments

Taviscratch

So what are your favourite moments in RPGs that you have played. I'm kind of interested in tabletop RPGs because they can lead to some hilarious results due to the freedom given to the players.

One of my favourite moments was when playing Shadowrun:

The team had to break into a corporate building to steal something or another. They decided to order a pizza to be delivered to a nearby apartment and waited with a rope pulled taut across the road for the delivery guy to arrive. The rope flung him off his scooter and the finished him off with a stun gun. Dressed as a delivery guy, riding a scooter and armed with a pizza box, one of the team enters the reception of the target building. He says he has a pre-paid pizza for the guards, acing his bluff test, and the guards take the box back to the guard room for a midnight snack. Under the pizza was a coil of det cord which they trigger remotely, showering the guards in molten cheese and pepperoni. They were sufficiently distracted enough to be easily picked off by the rest of the team as they drove a van through the glass frontage of the building. However, one guard climbed into the van's passenger door and beat the driver nearly unconscious with an electro-baton before he reversed, the guard fell out and was run over, the only fatality of the mission.

So how about you guys?

• Brohoof 1

Well since you, mine was while playing AD&D 2nd ed. we were playing in the Forgotten Realms setting. One of my friends was playing a wizard who was double crossing us,and we did'nt know it he was evil the whole damn time. No one figured it out, and the whole time we played these pc's he was working for the enemy. That in the end turned out to be really fun, I mean it was'nt at first, but there was alot of notes being passed to the DM. He lead us into trap after trap, and we still did'nt figure it out he was so good. In the end I discovered he betrail,and once confronted he denied it all, but I knew better so I provoked him, and the fight ensued. Well needless to say he gave the others cursed swords that changed there alignment, and they jumped me, and killed me. All in all it was very fun.

• Brohoof 2

Sephiroth killing Aeirith!

j/k

Seriously though, probably my friends bachelor party, where I nearly got my long time friend's cousin killed, when his mage tried to use my cleric as a body shield.

First time my friend Chaos played D&D (he'll correct me if I'm telling the story wrong) he played a rogue and they started in the inn. He angered a patron who punched him and knocked him out. When he came to the rest of the party had left on a quest so he ran out of the inn after them but didn't look in his haste and was run over by a horse and cart, knocking him out. He regained consciousness face down in the mud and staggered back inside. He ordered the strongest drink the inn had from the barkeeper, downed it, failed his resistance roll and was once more knocked out. When he came to he was piss-soaked on the floor of the inn and he decided to crawl back up to his room and sleep till the party returned. That was his introduction to D&D :lol:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Fusce consequat, nulla at aliquam pretium, ligula neque accumsan nunc, ac cursus odio enim sit amet odio. Sed fermentum lorem nec turpis varius varius. Donec porttitor, nulla ut pulvinar pellentesque, ex diam gravida leo, et auctor eros tortor eget lacus. Donec sodales est quam, eget luctus justo congue quis. Fusce sed sollicitudin felis. Suspendisse commodo ipsum ac nibh volutpat, in faucibus neque pulvinar. Donec quis bibendum velit.

Edited by abc123
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

There were many hilarious moments in tabletop RPGs I've done with friends IRL before. A few years ago I got a little too excited. A PG-13 summary of what went down in our RPG was that I did a lot of sexual things in hotels. 

More recently, there was plenty of hilarity involving my friend's constantly mocked "cure light wounds" ability, my pet weasel, and skeletons. Good times.

Destiny was full of surprises, you never know who you might bump into in this game. You know how hard it is to find people who will fight beside you, all they will do is sit back and wait for you to get near the end and then come in guns blazing. So I needed a level 40 armor set, and waited for people to join the game; only one person did. Can't remember the name, but it was that nexus level. This guy was blowing them apart, but never came to my aid; I'm at this point cursing under my breath as i tried to keep myself alive. But out of nowhere comes a player and his voice sounded familiar; but i couldn't quite place it.

But after about five minutes we had the Vex pretty much demolished, and finally i realized who it was, it was my mentor who had quit after they didn't let him work. He had joined near the end of it and saw me in backed against a wall with about 20 Vex firing at me; but he pulled out one of those rocket launchers and took out 8 in one shot. That gave me enough to get away and return fire with mine, demo'd about 11 in a group. He was level 65, and made killing off the nexus that much easier; but didn't get much to say as time ran out.

Gotta love it when you have a saving grace moment, right?