Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite very small moments?

Stardust Live

Are there little moments in the show that you love? Either visually or audio? Some of the faces pulled are great, and some of the landscapes are just fantastic. Here's a couple of mine:

Trixie just saying 'teacup' over and over again in the most excited, squeaky voice. '"Teacup! Teacup, teacup, teacup! Teeeeeacup!"

Princess Luna stroking the guard goose sitting on her lap, judging everyone else in the room. I like to think the guard geese are absolutely hostile to everyone but her.

"Sis-terrrr, ANOTHER false alarm by Shining Armour's GUARD GEESE" I don't know why, the inflections slay me

Sunset Shimmer automatically trying to 'stand' properly on her hind legs when arriving back in Equestria before remembering she walks on all fours now

• Brohoof 2

I like spotting things in the background, especially the recurring ones e. g. Doctor Whooves hanging out with Roseluck, Lyra and Bon Bon doing stuff together, or Cherry Berry operating various aircraft. IMO, it adds a lot to the world.

Also, small references that appear for mere seconds, like these ones:

Spoiler

large.png

large.png

921359.jpeg

Spoiler

The scene in the S9 two-part finale where Rarity throws a rock to save Twilight. It was such a small addition, but I love her contributing, being epic, and stepping outside expectations.

• Brohoof 4

I have a ton but these two were the first that came to mind:

This one starting at 0:19

Spoiler

And one of the best Dashie moments:

Spoiler

Oh and I can't forget about this one! 

Spoiler

ejXTKr.gif

• Brohoof 2

4 hours ago, Graceful Stiles said:

In Perfect Pear, when Big Macintosh asks if he can return to Burnt Oak sometime to hear more stories.

My top moment of Season 7. Big Mac didn’t speak much, so when he did, you listen. Asking Burnt Oak if he can hear more stories of his late dad strikes the viewer to the core, because it really shows how much his parents’ legacy means to him.

A good chunk of my favorite moments tend to be the smaller ones or moments that lead up to them.

• While the CMCs getting their cutie marks was amazing in itself, what helped lead it was them deciding to check on Diamond Tiara’s well-being after falling out with Silver Spoon. For a long time, they withstood all the bullying she made them endure, yet at her lowest moment, they were worried about her and wanted to help her.
  • Amending Fences is Twilight’s best episode, but that wouldn’t have happened without events like her original apology to Minny, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Hearts. These three folks worked with Moondancer, helped arranged her party, and extended her invitation to Twilight through them. To them, this was just how they knew Twilight and never saw it as a lingering deal. OTOH, Moondancer’s wounds were much deeper, as she never opened herself up that much before. Her rejection of Twilight caught everyone by surprise, and the puzzle was put together over The next two acts.
  • Applejack staring at the front window as two shooting stars flung by the sky is my favorite moment of the show. During this moment, Granny told Apple Bloom that she was lucky many family members were able to make it to this upcoming reunion and that they may not make it next time. The fact that she said it makes it poignant. Many from her time are getting old and may not live for the next reunion. AJ’s parents are dead, and the stars indicate that. Put it all together, and you begin to understand why she dedicated herself to making the reunion so grand.
  • Shadow Play is the best two-parter of the show and one of the five best episodes, but that wouldn’t be the case had the Map not called the RM6 to the Hollow Shades, the best plot twist of the entire series. For the first four acts, more and more pieces of this complex plot were beginning to be put together, but as it developed, Haber and Dubuc swerved us by having this Map call for a friendship problem? Why would the Pony of Shadows be related to the Map? This led to Starlight Glimmer beginning to question everyone’s decision to battle and interject herself as the investigator to why the POS and the Pillars are so connected in the first place. Without that plot twist, this transition to include Starlight makes no sense. This clue puts everything together into one cohesive, and amazing, story.
  • Brohoof 2

In Castle-Mania, there is just something about how when Twilight says "Fluttershy?" and Rarity says "She's with me." that makes me giggle every single time!

I actually found the clip on YouTube!!!

• Brohoof 2

That moment just after AJ snaps at Strawberry Sunrise and Rarity makes her realize her mistake... those bitter tears of true repentance are part of what make AJ the best character for me.

• 2 years later...
On 2020-06-07 at 7:59 AM, DonMaguz said:

That moment just after AJ snaps at Strawberry Sunrise and Rarity makes her realize her mistake... those bitter tears of true repentance are part of what make AJ the best character for me.

Wow! Before clicking on the topic, I was also thinking about the moment, but for a different reason. :fluttershy:
1436552.gif

I love that character! :squee: And it's so nice that she is a pegasus too, since pegasi rather rarely appeal to me for some reason (personality-wise).

Or the moment when Carrot Bun smiles. E-Carrot Bun (1).png

1212513.jpg

Or how Fuchsia Frost reacts to Rarity's spiders:
large.png

I can't help but to love the show for all these moments and more! :pinkie: Carrot Bun's smile alone is better and has more depth than-- Never mind. :lie:

• Brohoof 1

Rainbow Dash saying “Aww nuts!” 

And at around 1:18 where Rainbow Dash sings “Applejack needs your help” and leans forward.   Dunno why but just like it 

4 hours ago, Rosy Moonlight said:

It might sound strange but I enjoyed watching Marble be hearthbroken over Big Mac and Sugar Belle's relationship.

I guess I just really love angst.

It was better that way since they may or may not have been cousins.

Any time the characters make a cute or pleading face, it always makes me so happy, so I would go with those moments. Honorable mentions would be when Celestia tells Twilight she wanted Discord at the Gala because she was bored, Luna grumpily eating a banana peel instead of the actual banana, Fluttershy's response to Starlight when she lost all the castle animals:

:yeahno: "Fluttershy, where are all the animals?"

:fluttershy: "They ran away."

:glimmer: "And why didn't you stop them?"

:squee: "Because you didn't ask me to."