Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general questions What was this forum made with?

Kagamine Rin
Go to solution Solved by Simon,

(edited)

I Was wondering what this forum was made with, so i can make my own forum with the same forum engine,

So what was this made with? I'm gonna try out making my own forum.

I Am sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please move it if it is.

Edited by SuperMario444
  • Brohoof 2

It uses IP.Board, which is pretty expensive. If you want to make your own there are loads of free alternatives, like SMF/MyBB/phpBB.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

@

I've moved your thread to site questions & tech support as it deals with a question about the forum itself.

This was also recently answered by Feld0 and Jeric, and you can find their answer on this thread: http://mlpforums.com/topic/121979-what-does-poniverse-and-the-forums-run-on/

Hope that helps answer your questions, I'll leave this thread open in case you have anything else to ask about what the forum runs on.

• Brohoof 1

Free for five days? That makes sense. After all, someone has to devote time and effort into making the forum software. It's likely someone's full-time job.

Multiple someones actually. It's made by a company called Invision Power Services, and they sell a number of services / apps.

• Brohoof 3

• 1 month later...

Since this topic has been answered, and the OP has not requested clarification, or further information, I'm going to close this thread.

If you do have any further questions, feel free to start a new thread!

• Brohoof 1