Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What holds you here in this forum?

leonbrony17

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

The friends I have here. :coco: Would’ve left a long time ago and pursued other websites had I not had any people to talk to. 

I feel the same way.

If this forum had been somewhere where I felt like I didn't belong I would have left after a couple of days of trying to make it work. 

• Brohoof 1

That's honestly a tough question, and I am not sure I have a rock-solid response. Without starting any drama, I have honestly had my issues here in the past, and I consider it much more palatable to just use it casually now without any real "commitments." Speaking to a few of the lovely users and giving my thoughts on something once in a while may not feel as profound as some of my early experiences here, but it keeps me sane and is overall more enjoyable in the long-term, which I think is good enough for me nowadays.

• Brohoof 4

Ponies! And the magic of friendship! :eager:

Basically, my friends are what bring me here, as well as the escapism that these forums offer - like, social media that has no politics? What more could you ask for? Don't get me wrong, I occasionally like politics, but I also need a place to get away from it because it can be stressful and annoying.

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

At the present I come here when I don’t have the energy or focus to do anything more productive. It gives me a chance to say hi to a few friends here and impose my opinions on the various threads. Sometimes you just need a simple escape when nothing else fits the mood, and this forum is one such escape.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I'm approaching 10 years.

This is pretty much my facebook with extra steps (topics to reply to). The occasional thing I want to share I will post on my status updates.

• 1 month later...

lil bit of this :P (strong content/language warning for the end and general insanity warning)

Spoiler

and quite a bit of this (writing stories)

Spoiler

large.png

and a whole lot of this

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.28a1e40d46e7f33ecb2ef0e9027b619f.png

especially a few sweet menschen :3

OG Art: https://derpibooru.org/images/3134384?q=zecora+AND+safe

and once the spice lounge opens again I'll have a new reason to stay

Spoiler

3158097.png

yes, in the new spicy site, I shall teach @Silky the smol Pone Fu :P

OG art: https://derpibooru.org/images/3158097?q=fighting+AND+safe

• Brohoof 1

I just really love MLP and ponies, I'd like to get to know others who share my love of them but I am not the best at social interaction. I have gone to conventions before but I have a very hard time talking to strangers at them.

I'll always cherish Gen 4 for the memories and good times it gave us.

I came here because I was a fan of the show. I came here because I thought it was wrong that people were making fun of and demonizing bronies and pegasisters. I came here because I was done pretending I wasn't a fan when I always was a fan from Season 1's premiere. Of course, I am not blind to the skeletons in our fandom's closet. I won't ever say our fandom is perfect. But I've seen good that far outweighs the bad or the questionable.

And that goodness is ultimately what makes me stay. :coco:

I'm not a child or a teenager. I'm well into my adult years. College grad too. I've been on the internet long enough to see communities grow and then suddenly fall apart. I've seen people act with big egos, getting into arguments to see who is the smartest one in the room or who knows lore better than the rest. When it comes to fandoms primarily aimed at boys and males, I've seen people try to act macho and won't ever even pretend to have a soft side, and anyone who does is labeled as weak, gay, a loser, or some other derogatory label. I've seen fandoms tear each other apart over head canons, ships, franchise direction, gatekeeping, and things that aren't worth fighting over in the long run. It's reasons like this and then some that have made me step away from fandom social circles I once enjoyed... :blush:

But here? I don't know if it's by design, by rules, some magical formal, or a combination of many factors, but... There has been an air of friendship permeating this forum. It truly does feel as if "Friendship Is Magic" has become our mantra; or life motto. I won't say we always succeed at that here, and I've probably missed a few altercations on this forum, but even so...! The atmosphere is just so much better. :squee: I never feel short of friends here. Even if some drop off and never come back, there is always a potential new friend right around the corner. Those factors that tear a fandom apart that I mentioned earlier? It practically doesn't exist here. There's way more self-awareness. I hardly ever see anyone arguing over who knows more lore, who is the true fan, who has the best ship, etc. We might get into some discussions or friendly debates, but at the end of the day, it's like we all know better. We all know none of that matters. What matters is being friendly, welcoming, and acknowledging each other equally. In this one forum, I have made WAY more friends than I ever made on Social Media, YouTube, DeviantArt and a dozen other message boards. If that doesn't speak volumes, I don't know what does.

Some may call me a fool. Some may call me blind. I once more say that I am not at all here to say that this fandom is perfect. But there is a goodness here. Friendship and friendliness reign supreme here. I want to lift up and maintain that spirit. Beyond having a really terrible personal life, I don't know how anyone can spend an extended amount of time here and not see what I see. :D

• Brohoof 1

It's funny; way back in 2018, I never intended for this forum to be my thing for a while. I was still working up the "boldness" to actually sit down and watch Friendship is Magic proper, but one thing happened after another, and I became more fixated on posting here than actually enjoying the content of its namesake. I am intent to change that however; I have finally worked up the discipline to sit on my rear and watch Friendship is Magic proper after all this time. Quite an egregious delay, hm? Nonetheless, I am intent on finally course correcting from my five-year detour, as one last obligation to this Forum.

As for my thoughts on what I am seeing, now that I am over 7 seasons in? Well... that will just have to wait. :devious:

• Brohoof 2

What holds me here? The staff keeps me locked in a little room with one of my hooves encased in cement so I can't leave until I reach a 10,000 post count. 

It seems barbaric but the food is good. 

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-08-11 at 1:28 PM, Dreambiscuit said:

What holds me here? The staff keeps me locked in a little room with one of my hooves encased in cement so I can't leave until I reach a 10,000 post count. 

It seems barbaric but the food is good. 

Only 3,414 posts to go. You'll be out of that room soon!