Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Anyone play Destiny?

Tom Snyder

Only one thing though, you have to like grinding, I mean a lot of it, unless your lucky, unlike me

But if you have bounties, it won't take long to get to level 20, but after that, you'll be grinding for real.

• Brohoof 1

Also its personal preference and what type of gamer you are; if your're competitive, you'll be in crucible a lot more than strikes; but getting legendary weaps, armor, etc. is a pain.

• Brohoof 1

One good thing is that nobody ever cusses you out for killing their character, like all games should be.

That's good then. All games should be like that. :)

Only one thing though, you have to like grinding, I mean a lot of it, unless your lucky, unlike me

I've heard about that as well, is it easier with friends?

(edited)

Bounties are the easiest way to gain levels, if you're good at crucible, you can gain 100XP per kill. If you like strikes, but the drops are usually not that good as the ones vendors sell. Then there's the raids which are well worth the venture for Raid sets, Vault of Glass is the longest raid and the hardest.I think someone said at least 6h worth of playtime.

One last thing, Players complain about nerfed weapons. But this is mainly people complaining,and doesn't really matter. You can be good with any weapon, just some players want to whine.

Edited by Candy Star

I played it for a little bit and liked what I saw, but sadly I had to leave and go to my school state where I don't have a console in my apartment.

Oh  that sucks. :(  which console do you have?

(edited)
One last thing, Players complain about nerfed weapons. But this is mainly people complaining,and doesn't really matter. You can be good with any weapon, just some players want to whine.

The nerfing came as a result of whiners in pvp; there was no cause to nerf the same weapons in pve.

I played Destiny for a while.  A friend helped me get my Hunter up to level 31.  Despite my friend being far more skilled than I and playing multiple characters to increase the number of times they could do raids and what not, they repeatedly got screwed over by RNG.  Exotic weapon bounties sort-of get you around RNG, but those usually force you into pvp.  So, if you want a maybe-not-completely-useless weapon (and nothing useable has dropped for you), you have to play the way the game forces you to play.  The end game content in Destiny is miserable; it's repetitive and messy and mishandled by the developer.

They expect you to grind, but they don't often reward you for the grinding.  Grind, grind, grind for vanguard reputation, doing the same handful of tasks over and over...  Until you hit the weekly cap.  So they stretch out what limited content there is by forcing you to grind...  And then cut you off if you're actually willing to do it lol.

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

The nerfing came as a result of whiners in pvp; there was no cause to nerf the same weapons in pve.

I played Destiny for a while.  A friend helped me get my Hunter up to level 31.  Despite my friend being far more skilled than I and playing multiple characters to increase the number of times they could do raids and what not, they repeatedly got screwed over by RNG.  The end game content in Destiny is miserable; it's repetitive and messy and mishandled by the developer.  They expect you to grind, but they don't often reward you for the grinding.  Grind, grind, grind for vanguard reputation, doing the same handful of tasks over and over...  Until you hit the weekly cap.  So they stretch out what limited content there is by forcing you to grind...  And then cut you off if you're actually willing to do it lol.

You lost me a bit, sorry. Its hard for me to pick up on certain things.  :blush:

(edited)

You lost me a bit, sorry. Its hard for me to pick up on certain things.  :blush:

Sorry. xD  Don't mind me; just ranting.  I wanted to like Destiny, and, for a while, I actually did.  The strongest part of the game is the shooting; it feels good.  Better than anything I've experienced in the likes of CoD or Battlefield.  And the pvp (which I normally avoid in other games) is actually enjoyable.  If you like pvp / Crucible and don't mind spending a lot of time there, you'll probably get way more out of Destiny in the long run.

P.S. I wish Destiny had trading so I could just give other players the stuff I probably won't be using anymore. xD

Edited by Ziggy and Angelbaby

Sorry. xD  Don't mind me; just ranting.  I wanted to like Destiny, and, for a while, I actually did.  The strongest part of the game is the shooting; it feels good.  Better than anything I've experienced in the likes of CoD or Battlefield.  And the pvp (which I normally avoid in other games) is actually enjoyable.  If you like pvp / Crucible and don't mind spending a lot of time there, you'll probably get way more out of Destiny in the long run.

P.S. I wish Destiny had trading so I could just give other players the stuff I probably won't be using anymore. xD

I play crucible a lot, and get more motes of light out of it.

Just wish companies went back to how it used to be, games with all their content with no need for DLC's.

I play it, quite a bit depending on the day. It is a seriously disappointing game, the story is a nonexistent joke, and there are corporate influences everywhere. The gameplay and visual style are really good though, it does have some very addictive aspects,Manichaeism apparently Bungie used a type of science to make the game addicting to the player. It does work. I still don't think it is worth full price at all, I got it on sale so yay.

Also, the lack of matchmaking on Raids and Nightfall strikes is laaaaaaaame. If anyone wants to play those, feel free to add me as a friend on Xbox Live (I play on Xbox One) and tell me if you want to play those, because I have yet to even touch those.

The gameplay in the game is so good and the basis for a way better game is there, I just wish Acitivision was not in charge.

I play it, quite a bit depending on the day. It is a seriously disappointing game, the story is a nonexistent joke, and there are corporate influences everywhere. The gameplay and visual style are really good though, it does have some very addictive aspects,Manichaeism apparently Bungie used a type of science to make the game addicting to the player. It does work. I still don't think it is worth full price at all, I got it on sale so yay.

Also, the lack of matchmaking on Raids and Nightfall strikes is laaaaaaaame. If anyone wants to play those, feel free to add me as a friend on Xbox Live (I play on Xbox One) and tell me if you want to play those, because I have yet to even touch those.

The gameplay in the game is so good and the basis for a way better game is there, I just wish Acitivision was not in charge.

Yeah, you said that before when i first pm'd you. Who would you put in charge?

Also do you play on 360 or something?

Yeah, you said that before when i first pm'd you. Who would you put in charge?Also do you play on 360 or something?

Xbox One is the system I play it on. As for who I would put on charge, almost any other publisher probably. 2K, Microsoft, Sony, Square Enix, basically any big publisher that isn't Acitivison.

Sure, they keep me playing for now, but unless I get the expansion pass on sale as well, I won't be touching that.

• Brohoof 1

Xbox One is the system I play it on. As for who I would put on charge, almost any other publisher probably. 2K, Microsoft, Sony, Square Enix, basically any big publisher that isn't Acitivison.

Sure, they keep me playing for now, but unless I get the expansion pass on sale as well, I won't be touching that.

I don't see the point for DLC when they can't make the games properly, shameful to see this happen to a game with so much hype.

I personally don't like Destiny. I played the Beta, started playing the actual game, and became frustrated with lack of a coherent story, the lack of the MMO qualities that Bungie promised us, the fact that it took me and hour and a half to kill teh first raid becaue my weapon dealt about 1/4 of the damage it's supposed to do to it. The raid wasn't even challenging. I've seen a 24 man run of Draigoch's Lair in LOTRO and saw the team coordination of it, and what's the Destiny raid? 4 people sitting behind walls pouring ammunition into a non moving target. Woop woop. SO thrilled. nice visuals, tight gunplay... but that's all. I don't see the customization that I would have liked. Every class has a cookie cutter build with like 2 or 3 variations. In borderland I could create an infinite number  of skills. I could play Zero as a shotgun ninja, Maya as a cc heavy healer, Salvadore as a meat shield that ran in, blew everything up and let the team clean up, or Axton as a support character. It had a lot more of the RPG aspect to it. DEstiny was a massive letdown for me. Aside from the fact it has a terrible story, you have to pay for the rest of the shitty story too.