Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How honest are you?

Hashi

Honesty  

135 users have voted

1. 1. Honesty Scale

• Applejack (SuperHonest)
    • White lies (For emotional sakes)
    • Wordsmith (To tell the absoloute truth, and yet give them another idea entirely)
    • Loki (Lying is part of you)

I try to avoid lying as that always comes back to bite you in the ass, so instead if I need to not tell the whole truth I'll just be as vague as possible. That way it's not technically lying, but it's not really being super honest, either.

• 2 years later...

I can be honest. But people say I lack subtlety to convey the message. I hate it when people use "tact" to disguise the truth. They think they are being kind with others, when in reality they are doing it so they can feel better with themselves, but it is often the other person who carries with all the burden o reality most of the time. So, no. Besides. What do they say about truth? That it will set you free? And there is nothing I would like more in this damn life than to be freed from it already.

If you knew how many times the government, the military, sciences and religion have lied to the population, and how many times people have lied to themselves when accepting these artificial narratives, because they were more convenient than the actual truth. It is pathetic. So sad. Worse than to suscitate pity from others. And I thought there was nothing more pathetic than that in an animalistic existence of survival like ours. People have gone to wars that had as purpose to reduce the global population in order to sustain the global system, and all under the idealistic deceit of nationalism and patriotism. The same thing is happening once more. It is a collectively agreed upon genocide between the powers of the world, under the excuse of a velic conflict that has as a purpose to create a reset by reducing the population. Again. It all comes to that. Survival.

Nothing is what it seems, eh? But you already know that, if you have ever taken a look in the mirror.

Stay safe or better not.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I’m fairly honest as a rule. I sometimes tell little white lies to avoid hurting someone’s feelings or to avert some pointless argument. But in general, lies are way too much trouble to maintain and aren’t worth it over the long haul. Maintaining my secret identity as an all-powerful super heroine is something I do by necessity, so I feel justified in that. :mlp_lie:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
(edited)

To the best of my ability, with exceptions whenever lying is extremely necessary to protect myself or someone I care about, or if it's extremely necessary in order to help someone I care about.

If a situation doesn't fall under either of those two categories, I never lie.

Even in cases when I'm too lazy to give an elaborate answer to something and I provide a lazy response which is only simliar to the truth, I always make sure to go back and give an unnecessary amount of detail to make sure I'm not lying.

I don't care if it makes someone uncomfortable, I don't care if it makes me uncomfortable. Unless being honest can ruin my or someone's life (or it's extremely necessary), I'm never dishonest.

I can't even stand people who throw white lies around in an attempt to not hurt other people's feelings, and I also don't like when people lie to fit in.

If anyone's ever seen the show Lucifer, that's pretty much how I am when it comes to lies. With the only two exceptions being the ones listed above.

This world needs more transparency.

Edited by Fennecoonagon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I am brutally honest, but in 2022, the sad social conditioning that has lead our "adults" to go to extreme lengths to protect their egos, in so much of a way, that when you speak they create an alternative reality or interpretation of everything you just said, to create some kind of "ego barrier" bc what I have said has hurt their feelings so badly, they are to "proud"(for whatever reason) to let go, and understand that I'm not "trolling" or "being cute" I'm being truthful,they just can't handle the truth and substitute it with some totally bogus and irrational interpretation that they some how use to boost their ego... It's like no you are just literally to retarded or to insecure (most likely a combination of the two) to genuinely accept criticism, or negative opinions held about you by others. I don't "spare feelings" nobody has ever done it for me, I'm not gonna start for them.

Edited by KingCorvus

I have been around the government  so i lie when needed. really i am honest 90% of the time.:Thorax: Most of the time when i lie i know i will not get caught or a lie is better then the truth.

• 2 weeks later...

My honesty is the reason I question this world so much. "Where is YHWH?", "How has the world become so distorted and insane?".

I was watching an advertisement, and there was this person with multicolor hair making a mockery out of the ten commandments. There is so much lawlessness. What happened after the flood? Did God really abandon the creation? Why is the sun crying? What happened to the second sun? The twin morning star has gone dark. How much will I have to endure this lawless world?

YHWH was correct. You have to keep human creatures on a short leash with strict sacrificial laws and pain of death over capital sins. Always keep a goat at hand. Like the poor animal has anything to do with human amorality. But there is no other way, unfortunately. And it is such a painful realization. But they need a God they can fear into obedience, like animal creatures. I have overestimated humankind.