Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Diamond Tiara a well written character?

Grumpy Enchantress

What? Are you serious? She is your typical mean girl character and so is her tag along, Silver Spoon.

You see them in almost every kid's show and they're all boring and generic and bratty characters with no real purpose but to taunt the main characters (CMC are not actually Mane charactars but you get the point).

What? Are you serious? She is your typical mean girl character and so is her tag along, Silver Spoon.

You see them in almost every kid's show and they're all boring and generic and bratty characters with no real purpose but to taunt the main characters (CMC are not actually Mane charactars but you get the point).

But she says cool things and act funny and there are people like her in real life.

She isn't a badly written character, but there isn't much good to it as she's pretty much Angelica in pony form; only with little in actual development.

Silver Spoon is almost as bad, but that little bit in the Zap Apple episode of her clapping when Diamond Tiara didn't gives her a little more in character, IMO.

But she says cool things and act funny and there are people like her in real life.

How is calling ponies blank flank to taunt them cool? I'm sorry but she and silver spoon must be the most hated characters in the whole show.

Also, if there are people just like her in real life, they need a good attitude adjustment.

How is calling ponies blank flank to taunt them cool? I'm sorry but she and silver spoon must be the most hated characters in the whole show.

It's cool writing for a fictional character to say. :)

Also, if there are people just like her in real life, they need a good attitude adjustment.

I agree, but her being a bad person doesn't maker her a badly written character.

Not really. As PathfinderCS said, Diamond Tiara is like Angelica but in pony form. No character development at all; just a whiny, spoiled little brat who is nothing but a huge bully. Silver Spoon's development is practically nonexistent too. This is why I dislike the two of them; they are generic, stereotypical brats.

• Brohoof 2

Not really. As PathfinderCS said, Diamond Tiara is like Angelica but in pony form. No character development at all; just a whiny, spoiled little brat who is nothing but a huge bully. Silver Spoon's development is practically nonexistent too. This is why I dislike the two of them; they are generic, stereotypical brats.

But she developed from a spoiled brat to pure evil when she made fun of Scootaloo's inability to fly. :)

• Brohoof 1

But she developed from a spoiled brat to pure evil when she made fun of Scootaloo's inability to fly. :)

That doesn't make her pure evil; just a bully. I'm honestly not catching the connection there...

• Brohoof 1

She was bad from the start. Though I wouldn't call her evil; just a bad pony in general.

..is a character created just for what she is: a pathetic arrogant bully. But I agree with you that sometimes she acts in a funny way.

• Brohoof 1

She doesn't even have any of those 'apply cold water to burnt area' kind of lines. She is not well written man, as said before she is just a generic 'bratty girl who has funny and is a total bitch'.

• Brohoof 1

I would say no at least there isn't a thing that makes her stand out compared to other mean girls. She just seems generic.

Silver spoon on the other hand I think has a chance to be more well written. Just little actions I've seen her do makes me think there's more to her.

She doesn't even have any of those 'apply cold water to burnt area' kind of lines. She is not well written man, as said before she is just a generic 'bratty girl who has funny and is a total bitch'.

"Blank flanks" is an awesome burn! It's overused a bit, but it's still awesome!!! :D

"Blank flanks" is an awesome burn! It's overused a bit, but it's still awesome!!! :D

Okie dokie then.

If saying that term in an annoying bitchy voice is awesome well then I don't know what to say.

How could you? What about the CMC? They've been bullied. :D

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)
She is very well written, it's the behaviour you would expect from a child without present parents. Without love.

How do we know her parents aren't present? That's just the same back story everyone concocts for her. If anything, we know her father cares enough to have her participate in her classmate's activities in "Family Appreciation Day."

Anyway, no, she's not a well-written character. No, it's not because she's a bully character, because there's been plenty of bully characters who have been very entertaining, interesting, and worthwhile, such as Angelica as mentioned above, or Biff from Back to the Future, or the Plastics from Mean Girls and the Heathers from Heathers, or Nelson from The Simpsons. She's unfunny, obnoxious, and has had absolutely no character development in the show's five years of existence. I guess if that's what they were going for, than mission accomplished, but some writing above the level of "HUR-DURR, BLANK FLANKZ" would be nice.

This show has featured dictators, heartless monsters, and soul-stealing psychopaths, and the fact that I welcome and enjoy their presence more than the bratty bully character seems off to me.

But she developed from a spoiled brat to pure evil when she made fun of Scootaloo's inability to fly.

That's not development, that's just more of the same

Edited by CITRUS KING46
  • Brohoof 1

No she sucks. As mentioned above being a bully doesn't make her bad. In the past there's been really good bully characters, someone has mentioned Nelson, and Harold from Hey Arnold also comes to mind, he's one of my favorites. Hell, even frickin' Angelica has her moments. 

Throughout the 5 seasons and comics, Diamond Tiara still only exists only to be a dick to the CMC, she's no better than Fairly Odd Parents's Francis or Chalkzone's Reggie. There was a speck of hope for Silver Spoon after Family Appreciation Day, but it seems like that episode was just screwing with us.

Meghan McCarthy says we should expect something different from her this season, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

I think she is. Just cuz she's not a likeable character doesn't mean she's badly written. It obviously wasn't their original intention to have people like her

Bythewaythisisalljustmyopinionsopleasedon'thurtme

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't say she is a well written character. Diamond Tiara is a one street character, so her going the other direction with her character alone stands as an open case, and most likely a closed one. She is written only for the sake of being mean, because she is written as a spoiled rich, well, brat. So character wise? Nah.

A Diamond Tiara thread... Oh, dear.

Anyways, I absolutely love DT; I think she's funny, and adorable. :lol:   But as far as character goes, she herself is nowhere near what anyone would begin to call three-dimensional. :blink:  The most interesting parts to her, so far, are the ones you have to make inferences on. For instance:

Why does she hate Applebloom so much?

Why does she love her father so much

Is Silver Spoon a friend, a lackey, or a victim?

Why is someone who should be incredibly popular only hanging around one pony?

Why wasn't her dad or any of her family members at her cutiecenera?, etc.

Those are some the questions that keep me so interested in her. But, looking at her on the surface... i'll be honest, there's not much to see, and I say that as one of her biggest fans. :blink:

Oddly, i actually like Diamond Tiara, she's just a bully and a bitch because well..'because', atleast on the surface. Who know's what lye beneath that pink, blue eyed meanie face.  :maud:

Funny, because she reminds me of another pink, blue eyed pony: Pinkie Pie, specifically Pinkamena. In the sense that the rude, mean, bitter, and enjoyment of making others miserable is something that could've possibly been a road Pinkamena might have possibly found herself following on if she had never seen the sonic rainboom, or perhaps permanently lost her friends, as we see how she was in Party of One.  :maud:

Buuuut perhaps im looking far too much into this..meh. :maud:  

Anywho, honestly in the end, whether she's a 'well written character' or not will depends on what they do with her character in the future imo. I look forward to seeing something more from DT, but i won't whine if it never happens, as the show has no obligation to focus on her, because shes just a side character.  :maud: