Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, anyone suport a football (or for you Americans) soccer team?

Mothra

Anyone a fan of any club in any league of the beautiful game? I personally support my home town. Liverpool FC, even though we haven't had alot of major success in recent years, but you gotta stick with it. So what about you guys? Any opinions? stories? favorite players? favorite matches?

And remember guys, it's all in good fun. Let's not start any violent debate between club rivalries. 

• Brohoof 3

Yes, i love football.

I Support my local team Werder Bremen, a team that used to have alot of prestige in Europe, reaching the UEFA Cup final in 2009, but we kind of lost the ball in the last few years. But i think we're coming back, ever since Viktor Skripnik became our new coach.

And of course, i support our world champs Germany. The World Cup last summer, is something that i will never forget. Together with the german championship for Werder Bremen in 2004, this was my favorite moment as a Football fan.

REU-SOCCER-WORLDM64-GER-ARA.jpg

Also, i really sympthize with Liverpool. ;)

I used to be really big into soccer, playing and watching, I don't do much anymore though.

I do work at a local soccer shop though which is pretty cool.

I also have a drawer with like, a dozen or so club and national team jerseys, mostly premeire league.

I'm a Liverpool fan too. I adopted them as my team when we moved here a while back. Needless to say being a Liverpool fan in London is very uncommon :squee:

Be glad that you atleast don't live in Manchester. :P

• Brohoof 2

Not the biggest footie fan. My friends are all over it but I'm clueless about who's good or bad. We even joke that my favourite team would be Sunderland :derp:

I'm a huuggeee Football fan. I'm a season ticket holder at my team Norwich City FC (OTBC). We're trying to get back into the Prem... Just the delicate task of the play-offs... against Ipswich... our bitter, bitter rivals.... FUN!

I prefer the Championship and lower leagues to the Premier League. The lower leagues have that soul that the Premier League lost a long time ago... 

(edited)

I'm a fan of soccer, but don't follow it often. I was introduced to the beautiful game in 2010 when the World Cup came around. It captured my wonder and interest, and I loved every bit of it. Then when the 2014 World Cup came around, I was back full-swing as a supporter. I primarily support the USA national team, but, my second favorite team is the Brazilian national team. I also watch the Women's World Cup (Go USA! I think we can win it this year  :D).

So I'm a fan of them, and Barcelona since my favorite national player plays on that team (Neymar), and the LA Galaxy since my favorite player of all time was on that team (Landon Donovan). But unfortunately, I haven't been able to follow Barcelona that much since it's a little tough to follow their games, being an American. I still don't understand how the leagues work and whatnot, but I do make sure to watch when Barcelona faces off against Real Madrid. Me and a friend have a friendly rivalry going on between the two teams, as his favorite player is Ronaldo.

Edited by Rivendare
  • Brohoof 2

I don't watch as much football as I used to since most games are early in the morning. Also, the rest of my family is more into it than me and they get up early and watch games (they mostly watch the Premier League, Champions League, and internationals). But I still look at football videos, highlights, scores, etc. For clubs, there are some I sympathize with but my overall favorite and most followed is Manchester United. I'm not sure how they ended up as my overall favorite. It just came to me. My favorite moment from them would have to be the ending of the 1999 Champions League Final.

For internationals, I go for Scotland. As far as I can tell, they failed to reach the next round every time they made it to the World Cup and the Euros.

(edited)

Aw, hell yeah!

Borussia Dortmund BVB - all. the. way!

rising-tifo_original_original.gif?136554

STING LIKE A BEE!

Edited by Guest

I use to be a fan of soccer I even played it as a kid for my school..... but I had to stop because my asthma worsened..... I still like the sport  but I don't watch any of the games....... I prefer American Football

I also watch the Women's World Cup (Go USA! I think we can win it this year  :D).

Dude, that's awesome. I think the women get a bit too much slack, when it comes to football. But i am really looking forward to the world cup and even thinking about covering it in my blogs.

Also, i think the USA have a good chance to win it, but i think my German ladies will have a word in this matter.

May the best team win. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Dude, that's awesome. I think the women get a bit too much slack, when it comes to football. But i am really looking forward to the world cup and even thinking about covering it in my blogs.

For sure. It's really exciting. Abby Wambach's goal against Brazil in the 2011 World Cup was one of the best goals I've ever seen,

• Brohoof 2

For sure. It's really exciting. Abby Wambach's goal against Brazil in the 2011 World Cup was one of the best goals I've ever seen,

I saw this live. It was really awesome. Talk about a never give up spirit. No wonder she gets still capped even in her late 30's, because she's a real inspiration to the US Girls.

• Brohoof 1

I've always had a hard time getting behind a team that isn't an official team of my city or my country. That too only in two sports, Field Hockey and Cricket.

However, I do sometimes watch football and I really like Real Madrid and FCB. Love to watch them both play, they are the best.

I'm a soccer/football fan and have been following the sport since 2007. The team I first followed was Liverpool; they were the ones to actually get me into the sport. However if I were to pick my actual favorites:

Bayern Munich, Sporting Kansas City, Montreal Impact

USA, Germany

I love Bayern, and I love Major League Soccer. <3

• Brohoof 1

BTW, i just realized that Germany and the USA have a friendly match, in Cologne on June 10th. This will be fun. :)

• Brohoof 2

BTW, i just realized that Germany and the USA have a friendly match, in Cologne on June 10th. This will be fun. :)

Hopefully the players realize it is a friendly. Bayern's squad has been hit so hard with injuries this year. :(

But still I hope for a good show from both sides. :)

• Brohoof 2

Hopefully the players realize it is a friendly. Bayern's squad has been hit so hard with injuries this year. :(

But still I hope for a good show from both sides. :)

As far as our coach Joachim Low is concerned, i think he will use this game to experiment a bit and maybe try out some new players, while Klinsmann will probably go all out and bring his best squad, with alot of US guys that play in the Bundesliga, like Brooks, Green and Jones.

Proud supporter of Brighton and hove albion, a championship team from the South of England. Not a great season for us this year though. A summer of rebuilding the squad is needed I think.

So, it's Barcelona Vs. Juventus in the champions league final, who do you think is gonna win? I can see the majority vote going to Barcelona, and that's exactly who I think is gonna end up winning the final (Although at the start of the tournament I bet on Real Madrid, but looks like that aint happening.)

So, it's Barcelona Vs. Juventus in the champions league final, who do you think is gonna win? I can see the majority vote going to Barcelona, and that's exactly who I think is gonna end up winning the final (Although at the start of the tournament I bet on Real Madrid, but looks like that aint happening.)

I also go with Barca. I think they're more clever then Real to go around Juves strong defence. I was never a fan of catenaccio, which is played by most italian teams and the italian national team.

• 2 weeks later...

So, Bayern Munich won the bundesliga, Chelsea won the premier league, and Barcelona won la liga. Out of these 3, who would you sy is the better team? As muh as it pains me to say it, for me it'd be a tie between Barca and Chelsea