Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Urban, Suburban or Rural?

Jackie Snack

What sort of area do you live in? What would you rather live in?

Mine's suburban and that's not bad at all. All the good stores are in close proximity and there's more than enough space to breath. I can't stand to be in a city, though. Too crowded and I always feel uncomfortable... I don't know how people do it. Hell, I spoke to a guy who said I was crazy to think that living outside of a city was preferable. xD

So? What are your opinions?

• Brohoof 1

Urban. I prefer to live in cities, with malls near my home. I don't mind if it's too crowded.

I like rural too, but only from time to time (during holidays...).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Suburban. I live in the Western Sydney region, a couple kilometres from the city. I'd prefer to live in the city, it's more compact; everything's nearby.

Edited by Papillon

rural. closest city to my place is about 30 kilometers.

anyway, i love it here! i don't think i can ever really live in an urban enviroment 

(edited)

I live in the suburbs, though I'd much rather live in a city. Around here there's nothing to really do in terms of entertainment.

Edited by Sommar

I live in an urban area, although, the town is not that large, it has about 8-10 thousand people living in it 

(edited)

These days I live in Phoenix, Az. the 5th or 6th largest city in the USA (depends if you believe the Philadelphia chamber of commerce or not).  The place I grew up in was a small town & several of my neighbors had working farms (Amish country).

Edited by sweetolebob18

Rural. And by Celestia, its WAY too isolated. Living in a ranch, 10 acres of mesquite, rocks, and grass. Dirt or muddy roads. 4 doges. And one pony. Cute pony . w.

The nearest town is like 10 minutes away, but for cities, pffff, 20+ miles from where I'm at. That is like the same distance as to where I have to get to the university I'm attending. This living is taking a toll on me. So lonely Q ^Q

Suburbs, I like the countryside, but not to remote, something close to civilization, but not spoiled by human expansion, anyway I have lived in the suburbs my whole life, it's what I know, my current neighbourhood is suburban, I have a hand full of neighbours, all of us with five acres of land, to me it's the best of both worlds, the peace of rural and the convenience of urban.  

I live in a rural area but the only downside to where I live is that there is hardly anything to do. I like living in a rural area but with the benefits of living on the outskirts of an urban city.

Therefore having best of both worlds .

I live in a suburban area and I don't really like it. All I hear outside are kids and cats. Not only that, but there's a lot of rubbish strewn around and the council only come to clean it up every once in a blue moon.

I live in Seattle right now, but I prefer suburban. For me it's a balance between being able to walk or ride [bike|bus] to everywhere I need to go, being able to get lost in the woods, and not having too many people. Though I guess it depends on what you consider urban: my favourite cities have been Oslo (Norway) and Crewe (UK).

(edited)

I live in a Suburban area, it's filled with ranches and horse property but it is minutes away from anywhere on the city! So I'm fine living in a quiet neighborhood (it is the only part of the city where It is quiet at night)

Edited by MLG4Ever

I've lived in all 3 locations in my life. Sub-urban originally, and it was generally nice.

I moved to college and lived in the centre of the city. I fucking hated it. It was nice being close to shops, but now that I'm driivng...it doesn't matter.

I currently live in a rural area, about a 7 minute drive from the nearest town., and 20 minutes from the nearest city. That may not sound very rural, but I live in Ireland - our biggest towns are still small compared to other country's towns.

• Brohoof 1

I live in Seattle right now, but I prefer suburban. For me it's a balance between being able to walk or ride [bike|bus] to everywhere I need to go, being able to get lost in the woods, and not having too many people. Though I guess it depends on what you consider urban: my favourite cities have been Oslo (Norway) and Crewe (UK).

Bremerton, here. And I'm soooo jealous, so many people on this site have been to Norway and the surrounding areas! Or just outside of the US! : p

Suburban, I live within close proximity to a few urban areas. I live in San Diego country so I am relatively close one of Americas largest cities but far enough from it to where I don't experience the kind of crowding that I would if I lived in the city of San Diego. I like suburban areas because it has that nice middle ground I like between urban and rural.

(edited)

I live in a suburban area. It's a small town just under ten minutes away from Cork city. I really like living here. In fact, here are a few pictures that I took of it ;)

post-18648-0-68581600-1431823049_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-64973600-1431823079_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-44016400-1431823105_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-32418500-1431823133_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-47669600-1431823169_thumb.jpg

post-18648-0-00065300-1431823206_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't mind living in an urban area, though. I like cities! :)

Edited by GrauWitz
  • Brohoof 1