Alicorns immune to bullets?

Bendy

(edited)

Alicorns immune to bullets as in certain fan fictions?

OK, let's say for example Celestia is going for a walk in the Everfree Forest and there is a human sniper hidden in a bush with his sights on Celestia's head. He pulls the trigger... but she remains unaffected due to her alicorn body. What do you think of alicorns being immune to bullets thing that pops up quite a few fan fictions? 

Even... then I'm sure the right kind of bullet could harm or kill an alicorns. Let's say magical crystal ammo from the Crystal Empire.

The reason the human shot her.... he was a human from a Conversion Bureau war universe somehow ended up in a non Conversion Bureau war universe... yeah that's good reason to shoot Celestia.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

Check out my "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" fan fiction on Fimfiction.net under the same username here: Rush.

(edited)

I don't see why any pony, alicorn or otherwise, would be immune to bullets, unless the ponies' world has a much harsher environment than ours (much higher gravity, for example), and they came to our world and were super strong by comparison, like Kryptonians.  And that could well be the case; we have no way of knowing.  But I would imagine that a unicorn/alicorn that is strong enough with telekinesis could do this:

Edited by Justin_Case001
  • Brohoof 6

blogentry-26336-0-55665700-1413783982.jp

(edited)

I doubt Alicorns are naturally bullet-proof. Maybe if they used a magic shield that stopped or vaporized any oncoming projectiles, but otherwise I can't see them stopping a bullet. 

One fic I read had a human arrive in Equestria with a simple handgun, and when the ponies discovered this, Luna nearly passed out from shock alone, saying that not only does it outclass every type of projectile weapon they know, but it would very easily cut through even the toughest of armor and shielding, magic or otherwise, like a hot knife through butter. 

That's not even getting into Fallout Equestria, where one of the major plot-points was an attempted assassination of Celestia by sniper. Unless the weapon was specifically designed to be an Alicorn-killer, I'm pretty sure any old gun would work just as fine.

Course, anyone who would shoot at any Alicorn (outside of obviously evil counterparts) are awful people regardless. 

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

MLPForums "Self-Proclaimed" Kamen Rider Nut
Now, count up your sins!
I do Traditional commissions, by the way! See them HERE!

post-8308-0-43031100-1429818502.png

Banner was done by the wonderful Kyoshi.

I'd say bullets probably won't them much. After all, if dash dive bombed to the ground to cause an island level explosion while Twilight was run through a mountain, not to mention they're traveling at hypersonic speeds easily, a supersonic bullet is probably a stiff breeze to a high powered pony like an Alicorn. They're not immune, but I don't think a bullet won't hurt them much.

• Brohoof 1

If I'm not mistaken they are able to form a protective "bubble" around themselves.But if they are suddenly fired I don't think they are totally immune.

(edited)
The reason the human shot her.... he was a human from a Conversion Bureau war universe somehow ended up in a non Conversion Bureau war universe... yeah that's good reason to shoot Celestia.

Ugh . . . you got some serious baggage dude.

Anyway, in my fanfic personally it's not so much that Luna and Celestia are outright immune to bullets. It's simply that the bullets won't even get the chance to touch them. We've seen force field creation of one kind or another. Automatic fire wouldn't get through the protection of characters akin to deities. (Especially if the writer, like myself, chooses to focus on that aspect of their character.)

Aside from that, both of them would not put themselves in a position where they would be under threat of being shot.

Besides, if you want to take fics aside from TCB (they exist you know?), in Fallout Equestria, alicorns are as I described, capable of shielding themselves from gun fire and even direct hits from missiles. They are, however, still able to be killed. Just as the setting's equivalent to Super Mutants, it's a lot harder to kill them than regular ponies. (Hell harder than Super Mutants! Super Mutants can't fly, use telekinesis, can't teleport, or count to two. Alicorns can do all of that and they are actually smarter than baseline ponies!)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Ugh . . . you got some serious baggage dude.

Yes, it's true. I hate those stories with a passion.

Anyway, in my fanfic personally it's not so much that Luna and Celestia are outright immune to bullets. It's simply that the bullets won't even get the chance to touch them. We've seen force field creation of one kind or another. Automatic fire wouldn't get through the protection of characters akin to deities. (Especially if the writer, like myself, chooses to focus on that aspect of their character.)

Only an insane human would try kill Luna and Celestia in that story since they... unlike many a TCB story are not murdering humanity down to the last child. 

Besides, if you want to take fics aside from TCB (they exist you know?), in Fallout Equestria, alicorns are as I described, capable of shielding themselves from gun fire and even direct hits from missiles. They are, however, still able to be killed. Just as the setting's equivalent to Super Mutants, it's a lot harder to kill them than regular ponies. (Hell harder than Super Mutants! Super Mutants can't fly, use telekinesis, can't teleport, or count to two. Alicorns can do all of that and they are actually smarter than baseline ponies!)

Stardust by Arad is another example. Alicorn ponies in that story are more less immune to bullets.

It's one of the only stories I read with overpowered ponies that I liked. Plus it's a XCOM crossover, so bonus points.

It's gets even better when humanity and the ponies fight side by side against the ruthless aliens. 

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

Check out my "My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic" fan fiction on Fimfiction.net under the same username here: Rush.

That's really a "guess and theorize" question, since there are no bullets in Equestria as far as we know.

• Brohoof 1

76561198044017234.png
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play something. Also don't be afraid to message and talk to me. I've had bad luck when I start a conversation, so I more then likely won't start one.

(edited)
Yes, it's true I hate those stories with a passion.

A consuming and unhealthy amount I would say since almost every post I see you make roots back to it in one form or another.

Only an insane human would try kill Luna and Celestia in that story since they... unlike many a TCB story are not murdering humanity down to the last child. 

Or an evil one, as the H.L.F. are written in my story.

That's really a "guess and theorize" question, since there are no bullets in Equestria as far as we know.

Well actually . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbAP_LaNyc

(0:31)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHf-YnY9k7k 

Huh, maybe Rainbow Dash is a weapons mare and just is responsible enough to keep her collection under lock and key. (And conveniently off screen.)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

A consuming and unhealthy amount I would say since almost every post I see you make roots back to it in one form or another.

Very true.

Well, you be happy to know I don't write anything TCB related anymore... I rather write some stupid story with human Anon having romance with ponies.

.... I am however an editor for redskin122004's story The Other Side of the Spectrum. Which is one of the only ATCB stories I like... since it puts canon ponies vs TCB Ponies.

In your story they are more less misguided. Others they can be heros.

There's even ATCB stores where they are the villains, such as The Other Side of the Spectrum. Where the HLF are Sociopathic Soldiers... and the worst of humanity in general. 

In short (taken from the TV Tropes page): The HLF are humans who desire to kill every last pony, regardless of evidence that not all ponies support Celestia or her mad plans.

Edit Note: Anyway... this isn't really a TCB thread.... so I don't want to talk about it any further.

Edited by Bendy

Very true.   Well, you be happy to know I don't write anything TCB related anymore... I rather write some stupid story with human Anon having romance with ponies.

Even this though. This COULD have been divorced entirely from the fics but:

In your story they are more less misguided. Others they can be heros.

Wholeheartedly, just as some ponies are the villains.

It never made sense to me why some hold with such unflinching conviction that "X is all one way, Y is all one way." Are we to be judged as a whole for the actions of the Nazis or the Manson family just because they were human? Is it fair to say no evil exist within people just because Mr. Rogers was human?

Wholeheartedly, just as some ponies are the villains.

It never made sense to me why some hold with such unflinching conviction that "X is all one way, Y is all one way." Are we to be judged as a whole for the actions of the Nazis or the Manson family just because they were human? Is it fair to say no evil exist within people just because Mr. Rogers was human?

That... isn't always the case... even among ATCB.

Anyway, I wish to discuss this no further here.

Also take note, I'm going to bed. So, I won't be able to reply to you.

• Brohoof 1

That... isn't always the case... even among ATCB.

I meant specifically in my story. I could care less about the misanthrope's version. 

Anyway, I wish to discuss this no further here.

Sure.

Well actually . . . .

Huh, maybe Rainbow Dash is a weapons mare and just is responsible enough to keep her collection under lock and key. (And conveniently off screen.)

Figures of speech don't mean there are actually guns.

76561198044017234.png
Feel free to add me on steam if you want to play something. Also don't be afraid to message and talk to me. I've had bad luck when I start a conversation, so I more then likely won't start one.

Figures of speech don't mean there are actually guns.

Those figures of speech had to have come from somewhere. Just because we don't seem them doesn't mean they aren't there. Plus given the lack of civil unrest in Equestria and for what troubles do arise, they have magic, I can't imagine there firearms technology would exactly be AR-15's and Tac-9's.

• Brohoof 1

Those figures of speech had to have come from somewhere. Just because we don't seem them doesn't mean they aren't there. Plus given the lack of civil unrest in Equestria and for what troubles do arise, they have magic, I can't imagine there firearms technology would exactly be AR-15's and Tac-9's.

You are literally trying to apply our logic, to a world with talking horses, magic, a being of chaos, and Pinkie Pie...

76561198044017234.png

You are literally trying to apply our logic, to a world with talking horses, magic, a being of chaos, and Pinkie Pie...

Just theories and head canons is all. It's not impossible, I know I've been surprised by the Earth like cultural items and technologies I've seen in Equestria.

Well actually . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgbAP_LaNyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHf-YnY9k7k 

Don't forget, Rainbow also named her new turtle tortoise "Tank", because nothing can stop the little guy. Projectile weapons and armored war vehicles...Equestria's darkest secret! 

• Brohoof 2

imageproxy_php.gif.79d30fb629f5f637d2be13581d906b35.gif

Thank you Sparklefan1234!!!

Don't forget, Rainbow also named her new turtle tortoise "Tank", because nothing can stop the little guy. Projectile weapons and armored war vehicles...Equestria's darkest secret! 

I was going to say.

Maybe not a "dark secret" though as much as an antique shop. Again war is something that appears to happen but not with a great deal of frequency so the need for a standing army appears more along the lines of a "hold the castle" strategy rather than "Ol' Blood 'n Guts wants us to take that bunker!"

Plus we've seen archers at the Equestria games so projectile weapons are clearly present anyway.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see why any pony, alicorn or otherwise, would be immune to bullets, unless the ponies' world has a much harsher environment than ours (much higher gravity, for example), and they came to our world and were super strong by comparison, like Kryptonians.  And that could well be the case; we have no way of knowing.  But I would imagine that a unicorn/alicorn that is strong enough with telekinesis could do this:

I totally see them capable of stopping bullets, but almost impossible, they'll have to anticipate when the gunner pulls the trigger, not when the shot is fired. Bullets initial speed is so high, the pony would probably be shot before they even attempt magic otherwise, and I doubt even alicorns are bulletproof

• Brohoof 2

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

(edited)

I totally see them capable of stopping bullets, but almost impossible, they'll have to anticipate when the gunner pulls the trigger, not when the shot is fired. Bullets initial speed is so high, the pony would probably be shot before they even attempt magic otherwise, and I doubt even alicorns are bulletproof

We do see something akin to this with magic fights. Twilight has shot magic missile style offenses and has used a shield to good effect.

Obviously a bullet is going to be traveling much faster than a spell that can be tracked by sight, but as long as the unicorn/alicorn is ready and "quick on the draw" especially seeing as it's a mostly mental task, they should at least be able to take a few rounds before needing to other get to cover or return fire.

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1