Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Personal Motto

N.W.

So, there was a thread for this, but it's nearly been 2 years since there has been a reply. I'd like a new thread with fresh thoughts instead of dusting off the old one.

So, your Personal Motto on the forum.

If you do not know of what I speak.

MX2PFbG.png?1

Why did you choose it?

What is the meaning of it?

Origins?

Mine

-Kalashnikov is one of my favorite historical figures/engineers and he was a humble man.

-That which is simple surpasses the complex in usefulness. The context originally applies to assault rifles, however it stretches way beyond that which is tangible.

- I recall seeing an interview of his, and I remember thinking what a short and meaningful sentence it was.

• Brohoof 2

huh... is it opposite day where the user reminds the staff an old thread already exists?.... hehe I'm only kidding...

my motto is "Nothing is Impossible"... because I believe the only thing that is impossible is nothing... I've believed in that since I was 15 when I fantasized science taking me to Equestria

• Brohoof 2

I actually had to re-add my personal motto since I forgot to place it in my profile in the first place. It's the following words:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I
I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Its the last 3 lines on a Robert Frost poem called "The Road Not Taken".
For me the meaning has always been to take the less traveled path in life. I've stuck to this in various points in my life by doing things I normally wouldn't do like abseiling ( I have a massive fear of heights) or taking trips to places I necessarily wouldn't go. I feel like people should step out of their comfort zone once and a while, live life to the fullest and it will make all the difference.
  • Brohoof 4

"Excuse me, what?" 

This one mostly comes from the fact that absurdity is my primary sense of humor. It must have been said by a comedian, perhaps Jon Jafari, that got me saying it.

• Brohoof 2

My personal motto is: If every porkchop was perfect, we wouldn't have hotdogs.

It's a quote from the show Steven Universe, and it reminds me that no one is perfect- and that's okay.
Because we're good in our own right.

• Brohoof 3

My motto is "Such a colorful world, so cruel and beautiful." The last three words come from a line in an Attack on a Titan song that goes,"How can anybody live in a world that's so cruel and beautiful?" I see the world as something of a giant mix of ideas that are always clashing. As a result, we face problems like poverty, crime, and being social outcasts, but we're also able to appreciate the good in life as a result. I'm constantly feeling suffocated now that I'm back in school, but art, music, and friends help me get through it.

It's one of my goals in life to try and understand those clashing ideas.

Edited by Akari of Duskshire
  • Brohoof 2

"Wherever you are, Whatever you're doing, Always try to have fun!"

Why? Short answer: It's fun! Little bit longer answer: Even though my mind is kind of pessimistic, i always try to have fun in what I'm doing. Adds a little extra spice in life.

• Brohoof 2

You'll never get better if you don't challenge your self. 

I picked that motto because i like to challenge my self, and alot of my succes has been because of this motto :)

wow i always challenge my self but never thought of this moto that sounds cool

• Brohoof 2

"Understand before being understood."

Meaning, when you talk to anyone, listen to them and focus on them and wait your turn.

It can also mean the following:

Don't jump to conclusions

Put yourself in someone else's shoes 

Consider others before yourself

• Brohoof 2

It's not in my profile, nor is it a famous quote. But a phrase I often stick to is simply "It is what it is." It can be taken in any way, but is primarily just to point out that things happen. Bad things happen, good things happen, things just happen. And people shouldn't act like it didn't. A good event should be praised, and a bad event should be used as experience. To deny something happening, is to deny its impact on you, and thus to deny yourself.

Learn from your mistakes, and grant award for your accomplishments. It is what it is, and nothing can change that.

• Brohoof 2

It's not in my profile, nor is it a famous quote. But a phrase I often stick to is simply "It is what it is." It can be taken in any way, but is primarily just to point out that things happen. Bad things happen, good things happen, things just happen. And people shouldn't act like it didn't. A good event should be praised, and a bad event should be used as experience. To deny something happening, is to deny its impact on you, and thus to deny yourself.

Learn from your mistakes, and grant award for your accomplishments. It is what it is, and nothing can change that.

that is a fine quote to have just the basis

• Brohoof 2

Mine would have to be "Whatever happens happens". The way I look at things is, you shouldn't constantly worry about the future, instead just accept that things both good and bad will happen, and just enjoy the present.

I don't really have one on my profile.  I say a lot at work

Come on everypony smile, smile, smile!
fill your  heart up with sunshine, sunshine
all I really need's a smile, smile, smile
from these happy friends of mine!

i like this one

post-13882-0-89943300-1442001999.jpg

• Brohoof 1

My favorite is:

''There is always some truth hidden behind a fiction story.'' ~ Unknown

Meaning that the fantasy stories we make up always have some sort of emotion or personal experience behind it. Meaning that every fantasy story made has a part of a real story behind it.

• Brohoof 1