Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Personal Motto

N.W.

"Numbers don't lie" is my motto.

I agree with you, but it may be in your better interest to elaborate a little on your motto.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

There is a lot that goes into making numbers truthful; numbers are so weird that I can effectively argue that 0=infinity. Such an argument would not be a lie per-say, but it defies almost all applications except in number theory.

I agree with you, but it may be in your better interest to elaborate a little on your motto.

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

There is a lot that goes into making numbers truthful; numbers are so weird that I can effectively argue that 0=infinity. Such an argument would not be a lie per-say, but it defies almost all applications except in number theory.

Well in that case it isn't  the numbers lying, its the person using the numbers.

• Brohoof 1

My motto on my profile was "AppleJack, BUCK YEAH!" for years, i just checked and its gone so i most likely removed it while drunk.

See the top of my signature for my two mottos, one is just a description of myself, the other is the attitude i started taking years ago when i realized there is no point in trying to like things other people like just for the sake of fitting in, do your own thing and be yourself, i would rather have a select few friends who like me for who i actually am rather than hundreds of friends who like the person i'm trying to be.

Deal with it

Why? Because life is not easy, most people suck and you will always have to learn how to manage things on your own. Doesn't matter how awful your life is, don't let anything stop you, deal with it instead. Stop complaining, and fight.

• Brohoof 1

"Don't be a dick."

Meaning: Self explanatory. 

Origin: Deduced by myself from school's education to be: peaceful, just and good-willed.

Edited by Holiday on the Moon

• 1 month later...

Mine is, "find what makes you come alive, and do that."

I originally got it from a comic (who quoted it from someone, but I can't remember who). I chose it because I feel like it's important to do your best to make your life the best life it can be, in your own special way.

"Only speak when you can improve the silence."

I believe it's from an old Norse saga (don't quote me on that, it's been ages since I've read one). I love silence, and I speak softly if I can help it. So when somebody breaks the wonderful silence around us all, it had better be something really important.

My personal motto on the forums AND in real life:

Remember to always be yourself;

Unless you can be a Unicorn;

Then Always Always be a Unicorn.

It has meaning beyond just the MLP FIM stuff that might be obvious. It also means to go beyond what you thought was possible for yourself. To exceed your own expectations. It could also mean to become a privately held company valued at more than 1 billion dollars... But thats not what I intended :)

"There is always a bright side"

The extended version is:

"There is always a bright side to even the darkest of situations"

I also follow "The 10 Morale Rules" which are partly based off the code of chivalry but that is not a motto so...

I also have a Personal Religious Motto:

"If I am wrong, then I am wrong. If I am right and there is something waiting for me in death, then yay. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain"

Edited by Kronus Alexander

• 4 years later...
7 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Mine always goes something like “Life is short, live it while it lasts”. :twi:

I slept through most of my life. What can I say? Sleeping is living as well :wacko:

Oh man, it's like this topic was MADE for me! :yay:

Oddly enough, I don't usually post my mottos here. I use them the most as farewell tags on Deviantart.

The first one I used around the time MLP:FiM and Kamen Rider Fourze was on TV. The motto was something like "Love in your heart, honor in your works, and friendship will save the universe!" It was a good motto. I still want to put it on a personal motivational poster some day. :proud:

A few years later, I switch it up to something a bit more simple and lazy. "Stay awesome. B)" It's been done, but I still liked it. It assumes you are all ready awesome and won't take no for an answer.

But the most recent one I've been using as of lately is "Let kindness lead the way, and have a nice day!" The rhyme was unintentional. I think it speaks for itself. If we all let kindness be the guiding spirit in our actions, I think the world would be a better place. A little kindness goes a long way, and we could all use a bit more empathy. And having a nice day is just a nice cherry on top. ^_^

In a year or two, I might change my personal motto to something else. I wonder what it should be...

Spoiler

Some honorable mentions:

When I was a teen, I tried to say "Electric" in place of "Cool". Forgot to do it most of the time, and I don't think it ever caught on outside of cartoons and what not.

And lately, while I think of it as more as a piece of advice rather than a motto, I have invented the phrase "You can't replace a cheese burger with a chicken sandwich." It's my funny way of explaining how the heart wants what the heart wants, and you can't expect people to want something else that is completely different. Replacing things that people like with similar things is one thing, but going the complete opposite just won't do.