Why are Minions everywhere?

Spikey-Wikey

I don't really like them. :C

They knew this wasn't going to be a success so they shoved it down everyone's throat by sponsoring EVERYTHING

maxresdefault.jpg

And that's how Minions became the 2nd highest grossing animated film ever! Not by the actual movie, but the fact that it has sponsored almost everything on earth.

• Brohoof 1

You'll know it's too much when you're wiping your butt with a minion. Printed toilet paper is a rare occurance. But beware, it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYsrV3zGd0c&ab_channel=NobrandCloud

There, be appeased. You asked for it.

Give me Frozen any day! Minions have taken over the city I live in, I can't go anywhere without seeing them. From Kinder Eggs to UFO catchers, cereals to those silly knit hats. Soon there will be a condom range I'm sure... 

I DON'T KNOW! Marketing and general silliness probably. Maybe the fact that they're super silly which in some way makes them kind of cute? ...Which would make them appeal to girls and at the same time they're not too cute looking...uhh.. which would make them appeal to boys?

Ugh :s

ew.

Either way. NONONONONONONO.

I hate them. I've never liked them and I don't see why anyone would like them either.

They're super ugly and annoying, nothing about them is even slightly interesting or funny.

I cringe every time someone posts them.

I'd rather have the whole place spammed with frozen memes than seeing three minion pictures, and I don't even like frozen.

Well, I remember when Despicable Me came out, I forget how old I was, but I think it was around grade 5 (Just take 14 and subtract how long ago the movie was made), I remember I watched it, and I didn't even find the minions that funny, I mean, in the commercail they looked like they would be the funniest part, but even as a kid I thought Gru was the only thing that was really funny.

The first annoying fart joke or whatever the minions do was somewhat funny back then, because I was little, but after that, the jokes just kept repeating over and over, and I only really found two "LOL minon moments xDXDDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXX" (Or whatever people call them) funny. I found Gru funny because he looked like some big intimidating guy, and I found it hilarious when he would do something that seemed way out of character, like dancing to the beegees, getting his face painted, whatever.

a while after that, but before the second movie was a thing, I was at a carnival, and I wanted to win some prizes or something, so I went to the basketball game (Well, if you'd call that basketball), and I assumed I would be good at it since I play basketball, but when I won, I think I got enough for a small plushie, they were almost all minions, I had no idea why they were there, since I hadn't heard anything about the movie for months, so I didn't want any of them, so I just picked a bunch of smaller prizes (Kazoos, Rubber Balls, fake glasses, stuff like that).

The second movie was terrible, and I don't even want to see a single clip from the minion movie, or I might get brain cancer.

I'm very very patient and it takes a great deal to get me going. Regardless of this fact, the constant publicity and common-ness of this burnt out lackluster franchise is starting to fray my nerves. It's mostly the fact that their pictures are always slapped onto something completely unrelated to them that twists my knickers.

Just because... They're popular. It annoys me to a great extent, seeing them literally everywhere and all that; they're cute and funny, we get it. Despicable Me was a great film, whether it had minions in it or not, but honestly with a whole franchise and a MOVIE based on those short yellow creatures was a bit much. I feel as if manufacturers are treating kids (and adults... Everyone, really) as simply suckers for minions and nothing more. Because a lot of people like them. That's why they're more likely to purchase something with minion themed packaging than something without; I mean, if I saw something Marvel or MLP themed, I'd much rather buy it than something, say, Frozen themed. However I really do think companies are leaping at the chance to take advantage of society, because if someone loves minions, others are likely to jump onto the bandwagon. It's annoying, I think almost dishonest, but it's all just marketing.

But I mean that Minions movie was okay. Not terrible, not good, but exceedingly mediocre (exactly what I expected of it, to be honest). But it was a box office hit. Annoyingly. (Why am I so formal?)

Lazy marketing. They'll milk the characters popularity for as long as possible until the money pit empties. Dont worry, the fact that this thread exists is one sign of the product's impending fall from public interest. By that time though, they'll latch onto something else.

• 5 weeks later...