Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DQ: What is something positive you heard on the news?

Tranquil Claw

(DQ stands for "Daily Question" it is a new theme me and SugarfootWillie started recently.)

I have the impression that most everything in America is negative and focused on murders and beatings. Why don't we change that around and find a few things to be proud of.

Megaman Legends finally came out on PSN today.

I know it's a silly thing to consider as "positive news" but it means a lot to me personally

The last positive thing on the news I remember was when I was in 4th grade during Christmas season, and my school friend heard of those suffering in Hurricane Sandy, and she had the idea of having people give the people who were in the flooded area some toys, to make their lives a little better. Because of her, our whole school had a toy drive to give to those in Hurricane Sandy toys, and we donated over 1,000 toys.

• Brohoof 2

The last positive thing I heard on the news is that water has been discovered on Mars. I find this to be pretty incredible.

• Brohoof 2

This could count, but I saw an act of generosity in the face of greed. A reporter (even with his job in the balance) chose what he thought was right instead of trying to fit in with the rest of society. It inspired me with a sense of what America truly stood for, the right to freedom and the right to spread change. The reporter sadly lost his job, but made a contribution he felt was right in doing so. That is an example I could live up to one day.

The last positive thing I heard on the news is that water has been discovered on Mars. I find this to be pretty incredible.

Yea, liquid H20. We didn't believe there was liquid water before, what if the things we don't believe are real are there of Mars? There could be aliens. Maybe humans that adapt to Mars' conditions. Baseball fields. PAC-MAN machines. All of those could be on Mars.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

Ahhhhhh this thread really lost its steam way too quickly for what a nice topic it was :/

I heard that a little earlier this month, some very noble policemen helped carry a pregnant woman in labour, for three and a half hours through the snow to get her to a hospital :)

​Well the company LUSH has a same sex ad campaign for their valentine's day special, which made me pretty happy.  They look so cute too~!  I was so happy when I first heard about it.

• Brohoof 1

588654132900002800dd13d0.jpeg?cache=lisl

Found this in the news today, apparently this 92 year old woman has been volunteering for the Red Cross for 73 years now! Can't even imagine how much good she's accomplished through this, and she's still going strong :)

• 2 weeks later...

Over in California, I hear police managed to arrest 474 people involved in human trafficking and saved 28 children as well, that's a pretty huge step in making California a safer place :)

Nintendo Switch's online will likely be only $20-30 a year(confirmed that in Yen it will be 2000-3000)

While I'd much prefer free online, considering a lot of other bullshit around the console, $20-30 is a step in the right direction(hopefully it's $20)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, The Diver said:

There's a thing called "positive news" on the news? Such a thing actually exists?!

It took years of government-funded research led by thousands of expert internet addicts, but after many unrelenting days and just as many sleepless nights, they've finally made the groundbreaking discovery; that, yes, that there's more to the universe outside of news about Trump! : D

And then they all immediately sent themselves to a mental hospital to recuperate from the torture they inflicted upon themselves :?

~~~

An urban farmer in New Orleans, having been there about 7 years, has in his stay built 30 community gardens which help out the needy and provide a nice place for honeybees which would otherwise be infesting other homes in the area... kinda wonder how much bigger his impact will be in several years time at this rate :)

(edited)

well today I was watching news only to find out that today was Cesar Chavez day.To my community this day means a lot, sure many considered this an average day but to the Mexican and Mexican american community it means a lot to honor a Great man who fought for our rights. :sunshower:

Edited by ScruffyTheStallion
  • Brohoof 1