Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[Spoilers]What do you think will be the major villian for Season 3?

Dreadmallon

It doesn't feel like there is any way to tell at all. New animals and ponies are introduced without any build up or hints throught the series so it feel so impossible. It could be ANYTHING!
  • Brohoof 1

It doesn't feel like there is any way to tell at all. New animals and ponies are introduced without any build up or hints throught the series so it feel so impossible. It could be ANYTHING!

It would have to be something with major mythological significance.

Well, what other mythological creatures can they even do? They've gotten even obscure ones like Manticore and Cockatrice.

Cyclops? Centaurs?

I bet next villain will be Celestias old student

• Brohoof 1

It would be nice if they shows both the villains at some point during the season and maybe even come up with a new one. There isen't that much good vs evil in the show and that could be a road that they could go down.

Edited by Dave247

It's pretty much impossible to tell.

But I do know they'll definitely nail it when they create the next badass villain.

Edited by TheBrokenToast

At this point it's anyone's guess. I mean, look at what we got by this point and tell me you could have predicted any of these:

• A corrupted Alicorn brought into darkness by negative emotions and planning on plunging the world into eternal night,
  • A chimeric trickster capable of warping reality itself at a moments whim and only concerned with his own personal amusement,
  • And, to top it all off, we got a race of insectoid beings capable of shapeshifting into anypony they choose, while their real appearance resembles twisted mockeries of ponies, especially their queen who is the technical Changling equivalent of an Alicorn with her mix of insect wings, long mane/tail and her curved horn. Also, while Luna was cleansed of any evil and Discord was imprisoned in stone, she and her minions are likely still running around!

That's not even counting the other mythological presented in the show, ranging from well known creatures like Manticores and Hydras to more obscure or even made up monsters like Cockatrices, Ursa Minor/Majors and...whatever the hell that guy from the Daring Do books is supposed to be. Basically, whatever the next villain will be will follow in their predecessers footsteps and both be incredibly unexpected, yet engaginly awesome/terrifying at the same time.

Edited by PoisonClaw

Discord's pretty much confirmed to be in season 3, but I don't think he'll be the main villain. Personally, I would like to see villains similar to Sköll and Hati Hróðvitnisson, the wolves from Norse mythology who chase the sun and moon across the sky, respectively. When Ragnarök comes, they achieve their goals of eating the sun and moon. However, that is way to specific to actually happen. :(

I don't know if Discord will come back, but it is possible that Queen Chrysalis could make a return. Keep in mind that unlike Nightmare Moon and Discord, Chrysalis was not "vanquished," merely being repelled away from Canterlot by Shining Armor and Princess Cadence. Had the mane 6 been able to get to the Elements of Harmony, she probably would have been more permanently defeated, such as being turned to stone like Discord.

Also, maybe they'd make an episode about exactly how Princess Luna turned into Nightmare Moon. I remember way back reading a comment on Lauren Faust's deviant art page about the reason for her turing evil was outside of herself. If the plot was discussed during the first season's production, it's possible it could happen.

As for other villians? These guys are way more creative than I am when it comes up to making new villians; I will not insult their creative genius by attemping to create speculative villians of my own.

Do My Little Pony realy nead to have a villain?

I used to see the fact that they weren't a lot of bad guys as a good thing. When you look at the old MLP or at other bad cartoon in's often the same thing.

Bad guy, doing bad stuf, nice guys comming, failing because of a problem they faced (disagrement with each other, one is sick or whatever), they manage to go throw their dificulties, they defeat the bad guy.

My little pony dont use this easy way to do cartoon and I think it's better like that.

It gives more variety to the show, and more importance and personnality to the few bad guys.

Nightmare moon was used to show us the power of friendship.

Discord learned us more about the MLP world (with a notion of balance between harmony and discord).

Princess Crysalis, if it's her name, showed us the power of love, the best end for a weeding.

But none of those characters were truely necessary, except nightmare moon as an introduction.

So the show can goes without a new villain and it could be great.

And if they made a new one we wont be able to predict it, as we were unables to predict Discord or Crysalis.

Aniway i'm happy that Discord will be back, after all he's not a bad guy.

And if I have to chose a new villain despite of what I just said, it should be some kind of "miasme" like Nightmare Moon's mane which can transform ponies into bad ponies, not by ipnotizing and reverse they personalities like Discord did, but by giving power to the bad feeling hiden deep in they heart, the darkness they are rejecting even if they are a part of themselves.

The bad guy wouldn't be one, but only a personification of a hiden part of everypony, not evil by nature, but evil after being rejected again and again.

• Brohoof 2

Do My Little Pony realy nead to have a villain?

I used to see the fact that they weren't a lot of bad guys as a good thing. When you look at the old MLP or at other bad cartoon in's often the same thing.

Bad guy, doing bad stuf, nice guys comming, failing because of a problem they faced (disagrement with each other, one is sick or whatever), they manage to go throw their dificulties, they defeat the bad guy.

My little pony dont use this easy way to do cartoon and I think it's better like that.

It gives more variety to the show, and more importance and personnality to the few bad guys.

Nightmare moon was used to show us the power of friendship.

Discord learned us more about the MLP world (with a notion of balance between harmony and discord).

Princess Crysalis, if it's her name, showed us the power of love, the best end for a weeding.

But none of those characters were truely necessary, except nightmare moon as an introduction.

So the show can goes without a new villain and it could be great.

And if they made a new one we wont be able to predict it, as we were unables to predict Discord or Crysalis.

Aniway i'm happy that Discord will be back, after all he's not a bad guy.

And if I have to chose a new villain despite of what I just said, it should be some kind of "miasme" like Nightmare Moon's mane which can transform ponies into bad ponies, not by ipnotizing and reverse they personalities like Discord did, but by giving power to the bad feeling hiden deep in they heart, the darkness they are rejecting even if they are a part of themselves.

The bad guy wouldn't be one, but only a personification of a hiden part of everypony, not evil by nature, but evil after being rejected again and again.

That's a good idea because everyone has a darkness burred in them. Whether it be greed, selfishness, dishonesty... err... can't think of any others... Edited by Dave247

That's a good idea because everyone has a darkness burred in them. Whether it be greed, selfishness, dishonesty... err... can't think of any others...

Basicaly we can think about the seven sins.

But a "dark part" is only a hiden one.

Imagine that you cant assume being a borny and decide to forbide you to watch, talk, or even think about ponies.

Then this part of your personality will become a part of your darkness.

For twilight, she should become someone which care more about what she wants to do than about her duty. We also showed that she didn't like to show of with her magic so her hiden part could also be the contrary, being kinda like Trixie.

And this dark part turned into an evil one because of it's reject could turn Twilight into a real magic tyran, doing everything she wants whth an exessive use of magic, without caring about the posibilities.

• Brohoof 1

Basicaly we can think about the seven sins.

But a "dark part" is only a hiden one.

Imagine that you cant assume being a borny and decide to forbide you to watch, talk, or even think about ponies.

Then this part of your personality will become a part of your darkness.

For twilight, she should become someone which care more about what she wants to do than about her duty. We also showed that she didn't like to show of with her magic so her hiden part could also be the contrary, being kinda like Trixie.

And this dark part turned into an evil one because of it's reject could turn Twilight into a real magic tyran, doing everything she wants whth an exessive use of magic, without caring about the posibilities.

The thing is though if the writers go down this path and turn all the characters dark there has to be something to bring them back and usually that's done by self realisation often by help from others. Like with what Discord did. I'm just worried that the story could get a bit predictable espically how they've already kinda gone down that road before with that episode but it would be cool if they could explore it further though. Edited by Dave247

Ahuizotl?

Believe it or not, Ahuizotl is supposed to be ...you guessed it...an ahuizotl.

Info or it doesn't happen.

How about a villain who's been hurt and rejected in the past and as a result, he's grown into a resentful being that wishes to harm everypony around him, and wherever he goes he's sure to cause trouble?

The thing is though if the writers go down this path and turn all the characters dark there has to be something to bring them back and usually that's done by self realisation often by help from others. Like with what Discord did. I'm just worried that the story could get a bit predictable espically how they've already kinda gone down that road before with that episode but it would be cool if they could explore it further though.

The idea just came up like that (i know i'm crazy) . But now that i'm thinking about it deeply it should be a great way to learn more about characters. Who know what Celestia is hiding in herself? Is she restraining her? Or is she forcing her to look strict because she is lazy, or shy?

And for making an episode diferent from the discord's one it's possible.

I just had another crazy idea.

We know a pony who allways to show of, who assume her greedy and selfish part, her darkness.

Trixie saving the day, can you imagine it?

They are other posibilities, because you can assume or fight back your darkness. I think everyone had (or will have) to deal with this kind of situation and thrust me, there's not a "logical" or "easy" end to this kind of problem.

The way they can visualy put it could be funny too, the miasme has an endless posibililty of form, and the dark parts could be clones of the originals, the originals but twisted with a new cutie mark, out of control reflexion in the mirror which goes from windows to other mirrors to tell to everyponies the durty secrets of the original.

Now that i'm reading my post again, how did I found it?

Posted Image

Edited by marlyly

The idea just came up like that (i know i'm crazy) . But now that i'm thinking about it deeply it should be a great way to learn more about characters. Who know what Celestia is hiding in herself? Is she restraining her? Or is she forcing her to look strict because she is lazy, or shy?

And for making an episode diferent from the discord's one it's possible.

I just had another crazy idea.

We know a pony who allways to show of, who assume her greedy and selfish part, her darkness.

Trixie saving the day, can you imagine it?

They are other posibilities, because you can assume or fight back your darkness. I think everyone had (or will have) to deal with this kind of situation and thrust me, there's not a "logical" or "easy" end to this kind of problem.

The way they can visualy put it could be funny too, the miasme has an endless posibililty of form, and the dark parts could be clones of the originals, the originals but twisted with a new cutie mark, out of control reflexion in the mirror which goes from windows to other mirrors to tell to everyponies the durty secrets of the original.

Now that i'm reading my post again, how did I found it?

It's great when your mind wanders and all sorts of great ideas come to mind isn't it? :P

It's great when your mind wanders and all sorts of great ideas come to mind isn't it? :P

Unless those ideas comes from my darkness, but it's preety good.

Oh GOSH !!!! I felt so frustrated after the final episode, sharing lkie that with you bronies is allways a good way to relax.

Possibly a spoiler, or just a rumor

I heard about a villain who uses shadows, first off (possible spoiler), he is immune to the elements of harmony, and possibly, a 7th element will be discovered to defeat him.