Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you mind if mlp continued after the movie

4april

98 users have voted

1. 1. Would you mind if mlp continues after the movie?

• yes, I would mind. It should stop
    • no! If it can, it should continue

I definitely want MLP to continue after the movie, I hope it continues into the next decade!  

Can you give me your reasonings for this? I would like to know everyones reason for wanting it or not wanting it to continue.

• Brohoof 1

I believe Season 6 is going to be the deciding factor. They can either A) make the season a way to prepare for the movie, I.e. Wrapping up character arcs, etc. Or B) They could make it really kick ass and leave it open for at least a couple more good seasons after the movie. But as long as they know when to end it on a high note, it'll be okay. Which brings us to our next concern: Gen 5. Some big questions include; what will the art style be like, will we see any old characters, will it be set in the same universe? And if Gen 5 is drastically different, what'll happen to the fandom? I personally have no problem with the series ending on the movie, as long as it doesn't feel like they've pulled the plug too soon. And if they do continue it, I wouldn't mind as long as it still holds the quality characters and storytelling we've all come to love. :)

Can you give me your reasonings for this? I would like to know everyones reason for wanting it or not wanting it to continue.

My reason for wanting it to continue is that it still has potential for good stories. Also, the stories alone do not make me want to watch it, I also like the songs and the morals.

You know what, you're right, we should be worrying about the MOVIE bombing, especially considering Meghan MacArthur (or whatever her name is) is making the movie, beacause you know *cough* equestria girls *cough*.

Really even that you can't say for sure, Meghan has shown she is good at writing. 

However you concerns for the movie may be warranted, because I am not sure if the fanbase of MLP is big enough to support a movie, but rather the movie does bad or good at the box office, it really does not matter. Hasbro really only cares about the toy sale increase after. And this is the reason the movie is coming out right before Christmas 

Really even that you can't say for sure, Meghan has shown she is good at writing. 

However you concerns for the movie may be warranted, because I am not sure if the fanbase of MLP is big enough to support a movie, but rather the movie does bad or good at the box office, it really does not matter. Hasbro really only cares about the toy sale increase after. And this is the reason the movie is coming out right before Christmas 

I agree, it doesn't matter whether it does well or not. Hasbro don't care about that. The original purpose of MLP was to sell toys. And from Hasbro's point of view, it probably still is.

I can't give a definitive answer because, personally, it all depends if the movie is good or bad. If it's bad end it. If it's good continue it! I understand that people are worried of it going stale if it continues after the movie, but I think if the movie is good it means that the show still has good writers and producers.That's just my opinion though.  -_-

Edited by KingsInEquestria

In other words it's likely to fail, and as I mentioned before, Meghan McCarthy was responsible for writing Equestria Girls, a completely awful movie.

In other words it's likely to fail, and as I mentioned before, Meghan McCarthy was responsible for writing Equestria Girls, a completely awful movie.

I said absolutely none of that, and if you want to continue this conversation PM me as this is getting off the topic of the OP.

I said absolutely none of that, and if you want to continue this conversation PM me as this is getting off the topic of the OP.

Just trying to be realistic dude, but yes, this conversation should stop now. Edited by 3Dode

I want it to continue after the movie because I think that MLP still has so much more potential, I think the episodes will continue to get better.

• Brohoof 2

I haven't voted, because for me it can go both ways. I'm going to illustrate my point by looking at one of my favorite series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Originally, that show was planned to end after Season 5. Because of this, it had a truly magnificent ending and IMO properly resolved the plot threads and Buffy's development to a true hero.

However, it went on for two more seasons, neither of which could live up to the ending presented by Season 5. While it still had some good episodes and I never considered it outright bad, I do think it would have been better to end where it was supposed to.

Getting back to MLP, I think that if the movie provides closure for all the characters and ends their story nicely, it should not then continue for another season(s). If, however, the movie is essentially a glorified episode (I hope it won't be, but we'll see) there is no harm in continuing the series because no real closure has been given to the characters.

I say let it run beyond the movie. This show is the best thing to happen to tv. And hopefully HASBRO will see the error of their ways and Pimp Slap Discovery Family. Take it back to the hub where the show belongs and should remain.

• Brohoof 1

I would love for MLP to continue after the 2017 movie, I am just afraid the actors will be tired of doing the show by then.

Unfortunately, I am fearing that MLP will only do 6 seasons, because of the Mane 6.

I would love for MLP to continue after the 2017 movie, I am just afraid the actors will be tired of doing the show by then.

If it remains a TV show, they probably would get tired. But there is full length feature film coming up, with a world wide release. I think that will refresh them.

• Brohoof 1

Unfortunately, I am fearing that MLP will only do 6 seasons, because of the Mane 6.

Actor's don't usually get tired for shows.

Think about shows like Spongebob and The Simpsons that have many many seasons.

If it remains a TV show, they probably would get tired. But there is full length feature film coming up, with a world wide release. I think that will refresh them.

Yes, I agree with your opinion, 4april.

• Brohoof 1

If the series end with the movie, I'm okay with that, it would be enough. However, if it continues after, the series can either decrease in quality and so become like the Simpsons, or it could stay good, which I think is possible  :bedeyes: