Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you mind if mlp continued after the movie

4april

98 users have voted

1. 1. Would you mind if mlp continues after the movie?

• yes, I would mind. It should stop
    • no! If it can, it should continue

I vote that it should keep on going. Everyone is forgetting a really important aspect of the show: The crew.

They're an intelligent group of people that know what they're doing. I have faith that they'll stop after they begin to run out of ideas or the show begins to drop in quality. But if they still have ideas that could potentially be great, why should the stop? I used to think that the show should stop after a set period as well, but then I began to think that if they still have a lot of ideas they want to use, then why should we stop them from producing more quality work, just because we fear the show MIGHT get bad?

• Brohoof 5

Yes I would.

After the movie any other big finale to the show would feel minuscule in comparison.

Plus a show can only stay good for so long.

By the end of season 6, there will have been 143 episodes produced and aired.  That is an insane amount compared to other cartoons. Where most cartoons for a similar target audience get about 2-3 seasons tops, and some really good ones aren't even lucky to get that.

I don't think 7 years of new content is too soon for the show to end.

Plus with things such as Rarity getting her boutique in Canterlot, the CMC finally getting their cutie marks, and Rainbow Dash becoming a wonderbolt (getting pretty close now) it seems like a lot of the character's dreams are finally coming true and the show is starting to wind down and give closure to the characters.  So it would make sense for the show to end after season 6 and the movie.

It should stop when it starts getting bad, and continue as long as it's still good. The number of seasons alredy aired and whether there's a movie or not, doesn't neccesarily determine either factor.

Unfortunately like all long running shows - particularly those with multiple lines of merchandise directly connected to it, it will likely only stop some time after it starts getting bad. The best option for fans is usually to stop watching when they stop enjoying, which leads to the show ending when a large enough portion of the fan base has been lost, and enough of the crew who value their artistic integrity above their paycheck have left.

One thing I do think most adult fans overlook is that while there are millions of them, they're still far outnumbered by kids who watch the show, and for under 10's in the UK it's still one of the most popular shows out there. Judiging from the school my kids go to, and that of family and friends across the country, more than half of 5-9 years old watch MLP FIM and almost all of them have seen and know about it. It's still being shown in about 50 countries at present, and is popular with kids across Europe, Asia, and South America. G5 will come when it's neccessary to change the entire range to G5 products

Edited by BPCannon
  • Brohoof 1

I vote that it should keep on going. Everyone is forgetting a really important aspect of the show: The crew.

They're an intelligent group of people that know what they're doing. I have faith that they'll stop after they begin to run out of ideas or the show begins to drop in quality. But if they still have ideas that could potentially be great, why should the stop? I used to think that the show should stop after a set period as well, but then I began to think that if they still have a lot of ideas they want to use, then why should we stop them from producing more quality work, just because we fear the show MIGHT get bad?

I too trust the crew. They are extremely talented.

• Brohoof 2

Look at the argument "It might get bad, so yes, discontinue it." Can you not say this when a show starts? The show MAY turn bad for some reason or other, but there's no saying it definitely will.

They will eventually run out of ideas, I predict it getting bad after the movie, that is if there are seasons after the movie.

YES. I want it to continue XD

I think and believe it will end at the movie because that seems like an easy "out" place for hasbro to close the series. But Do I WANT it to continue? Hell yes. I think there's alot of problems with the show at the moment, and I don't have faith that it'll improved after the clusterfuck that was Friendship games (pretty much a giant list of "things that should not be done" for it to be enjoyable to me), but so long as it DOES continue there's hope.

I mean, lets look at transformers from the 80s. The movie pretty much ruined alot of the show and made the next season have alot of problems, like Rodimus prime replacing optimus and alot of the fan beloved characters being offed to be replaced by terrible characters (Wheelie...). It could have ended right there. But because it KEPT going despite the problems, they were able to turn the problems around and make it better than ever (Optimus returned to life, becoming one of the most important aspects of the show for example)

• Brohoof 2

, I predict it getting bad after the movie

Really your prediction does not matter that much at all though. Considering it really is nothing more then a blind guess.

Oh and i am saying that nicely I know that could be read as me being mean I am not trying to be.

• Brohoof 1

:) I really hope it does continue. I really don't like how people hope it goes out during it's prime. With the writing the way it is, and viewership, I don't see it getting stale any time soon.

:okiedokielokie: It's like, some of you guys are expecting it to get old, like really not having any confidence in the show's longevity. There are plenty of shows out there that have been running for ages, and what may seem like going down hill is subjective. There are shows out there that have been running for ages and continue to be popular.

:grin2: As long as viewership is at consistent high levels, it wouldn't make sense to end it, for fans or the showrunners.

• Brohoof 3

Really your prediction does not matter that much at all though. Considering it really is nothing more then a blind guess.

Oh and i am saying that nicely I know that could be read as me being mean I am not trying to be.

You know what, you're right, we should be worrying about the MOVIE bombing, especially considering Meghan MacArthur (or whatever her name is) is making the movie, beacause you know *cough* equestria girls *cough*.

If they continue to have wonderful stories to tell and can keep moving the show forward beyond that, then I would be perfectly fine with it. Seeing more and more advancement from these characters would be wonderful, but I get this feeling that the overall end will be with the movie. 

• Brohoof 1

You know what, you're right, we should be worrying about the MOVIE bombing, especially considering Meghan MacArthur (or whatever her name is) is making the movie, beacause you know *cough* equestria girls *cough*.

Hey, the jem movie bombed, so there's no guarantee this will actually do well.

The PPG movie in the past was a show with a huge adult following as well as kid audience, and it flopped horribly.

Hey, the jem movie bombed, so there's no guarantee this will actually do well.

The PPG movie in the past was a show with a huge adult following as well as kid audience, and it flopped horribly.

Did you even read what I posted? I said we should be CONCERNED wether the movie will bomb or not, and it's looking very likely to bomb.

If the writing stays the way it is, they can go on as long as they like.

My fear is that the movie will in fact be the series finale, effectively, and that we've been served notice.

I think I would mind it stopped, this generation is was sparked this whole fandom, I would be worried that the fandom would go stale if the show was discontinued. But of course if the show goes stale there is not much we can do about it, if it is discontinued I would like a new generation of course. I would like to see the fillies and colts all grown up and/or some fan content like the merponies for example and using some different fan art styles that would be fun

I think I would mind it stopped, this generation is was sparked this whole fandom, I would be worried that the fandom would go stale if the show was discontinued. But of course if the show goes stale there is not much we can do about it, if it is discontinued I would like a new generation of course. I would like to see the fillies and colts all grown up and/or some fan content like the merponies for example and using some different fan art styles that would be fun

Personally I hope FIM is like what G1 was to transformers, and instead of doing generations from now on they reboot FIM endlessly instead like transformers.

Basically, in the way that Equestria girls is another series from FIM but still follows the same premise as FIM.

• Brohoof 1

:okiedokielokie: It's like, some of you guys are expecting it to get old, like really not having any confidence in the show's longevity. There are plenty of shows out there that have been running for ages, and what may seem like going down hill is subjective. There are shows out there that have been running for ages and continue to be popular.

The only examples people give are  Sponge Bob, the Simpsons and Transformers. What about all other shows in the world? Has everyone of them got stale after a movie?

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind it if they continued with MLP:FIM after the movie, though part of me would love it if the staff decided to go with a Star Trek approach, in that MLP:FIM was no longer going to be a TV show and replaced with G5, which would be like The Next Generation, but also that MLP:FIM would carry on as a movie franchise. 

I don't want MLP:FiM to end up like how Spongebob did after it's first movie released. It was just all downhill from there...

Please can everyone stop comparing MLP:FIM to Spongebob and The Simpsons. We don't know it will turn out bad, it could be one of those shows that is good after the movie. Many shows are, just becuase there is a movie doesn't mean that we should not continue the franchise. Sure I would say STOP PLEASE for G1, G2 and G3. But this is generation 4, the most popular generation.

Think about it, if Hasbro wanted money they would write good, right? I've seen modern Spongebob and The Simpsons and oh boy are they bad. But we do not know if FiM would be rot after it anyways. I'm pretty sure most shows that have had movies were OK afterwards. Also technically MLP:FiM has had EQG is movies, which was pretty good, the movie and the show.

We don't know it will turn into complete garbage, most of you guys are saying "I want it to stop" because of the argument FiM could become a bad show after the movie, like Spongebob (or The Simpsons). But guys, my point is, we DON'T KNOW what will happen after the movie, it might turn into garbage or it might not.

It's not likely it will turn out extremely bad, as we have had good writers for 5 seasons now, which is more than any of the shows you guys are using for refrence. 

I just think you guys are not taking notice of the fact My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic could be BETTER OR GOOD after the movies.

My opinion on this is that, yes it should continue after the movie. Not for some reason like "MLP IS LIFE!!!111ONEONEONE" because it could be BETTER after the movie, we could get even MORE creative writers or EVEN BETTER plots. You guys DO NOT KNOW that it will turn out bad after the movie.

You are just guessing that without giving it a chance, I would recommend have seasons after the movie, then if you guys think the jokes are bad, the plots are bad, etc. Then you actually have that evidence that supports that claim, as of now you have no evidence whatsoever supporting the claim the FiM will turn out bad.

• Brohoof 2