Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Do you put discs back in their cases?

gamecubeguy214

Putting discs in their cases  

54 users have voted

1. 1. Do you do it?

• Yes
    • No

Yes but also no. If I have to access the discs again, I leave them out. If I know I won’t need them for a while, they go back in their case (not to protect them but so I don’t lose them).

• 3 weeks later...
  1. First of all...
    I am so glad this thread exists. It proves what I've been saying all this time: As great as the digital alternatives are, there is still a demand for physical releases. And I am glad everyone in here is proving that there is still a market for physical game, movie, and music discs. :mlp_yeehaa: Let's go~!!
  2. Second of all...
    I really, REALLY want to say that anyone who doesn't put discs back in their cases doesn't deserve to have CDs in the first place. I cannot say that, because it's not my right to tell people what they can and cannot do. However, that's the whole point. You are SUPPOSE to put those discs in a case, a protective carrier, or a disc drive. They will get scratched up and messed up if you don't. Now I can understand being a kid and being blissfully unaware, but once you're an adult, you should know better. Your parents/guardians should have taught you better; and if they didn't, well feel free to give them a metaphorical kick in knees! (Not really, it's just a joke. Just challenge them to be responsible too.)
  3. Third of all...
    I know that we're moving into an increasingly digital age, but as long as people still need or want physical releases, please teach your kids to be responsible. It's not hard. Just tell them not to touch the plain/blank side of the disc, and tell them to carefully put them back in the case when they are done. It's not impossible for kids to be responsible. I was taught this, and I did it every time. Heck, I use to grow up with VHS for a short while (born in 1984), and even I knew that you weren't suppose to touch or pull out the film, or else the VHS tape would be unusable. :proud: Being responsible doesn't have to be a chore, and putting discs back in there case is really not that hard to do. It only takes a few quick seconds.

Sorry for the rant, just really wanted to get that off my chest.

BTW, for those that are responsible and keep the discs in their cases... Does anyone else get sad when that case gets damaged or broken? :blush: They aren't always easy to replace or fix.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I always do, otherwise there's a big chance of them getting lost or damaged. I also keep memory cards in the cases – the only problem is that it's hard to remember exactly where I put them. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 4