Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is it ok for Skyla to be anticipated for episode, and not other Alicorns?

ManaMinori

Just to quell everyone's fears, she will be just a normal unicorn, not an alicorn

Source on that? I know that unicorn is mentioned in the German summary of the toy, but it looks like in the context, "her unicorn lights up", that could just be referring to her unicorn horn lighting up which doesn't mean she's strictly a unicorn.

Methinks this is because we don't know at all if the others will make it into the show while Skyla has a bit more chances with the whole baby thing. Makes her chances much higher and therefore the fandom reacts to that more. 

For the record, if it is Skyla, I really hope she is not born as an Alicorn. 

the journal of the two sisters gives the ony details on Alicorns we know so far- that being that they only represent the harmony between the 3 lesser races.

Whoa, I didn't know that! Thanks for bringing this up!

Alicorns have always been my guilty pleasure and with that explanation in mind I feel less ashamed of actually liking them and wanting more of them in the show...  :please:

And personally, I don't care about Skyla much. I'd like to see Sterling and Gold Lily in the show because I think it would be nice if they got properly re-designed. The toys (and their vector art) are pretty much just poorly made Celestia re-colors... Let's be honest here, their color palettes and cutie marks are absolute crap. (What's that thing on Gold Lily's butt supposed to be? A crochet tablecloth?) While the alicorns in the show get different body shapes, unique manes and accessories and generally pretty decent character designs. The remaining two princesses deserve the same treatment as the show-canon ones.  :squee:

I actually didn't know that there were other alicorn toys until reading this. I guess it is just that Skyla is more well known than the others. Not to mention, Skyla is shown as a filly, so it would make more sense for her to be Cadance's foal.

• Brohoof 1

Because Skyla is the baby from an Alicorn we already know, not an Alicorn that has been alive but never talked about.

That's what no one wants, an Alicorn that just appears that for some reason Celestia never mentioned. This is at least believable.

• Brohoof 1

Because Skyla is the baby from an Alicorn we already know, not an Alicorn that has been alive but never talked about.

That's what no one wants, an Alicorn that just appears that for some reason Celestia never mentioned. This is at least believable.

This ^

An alicorn giving birth to an alicorn is perfectly believable. If one of those other "toy alicorns" turn up as foals from Twilight/Celestia/Luna, that's both plausible and to be expected - or at least nothing to be too surprised about.

It's one appearing out of thin air that would cause me to have a fit. An offspring to an already established alicorn is fine. 

This ^

An alicorn giving birth to an alicorn is perfectly believable. If one of those other "toy alicorns" turn up as foals from Twilight/Celestia/Luna, that's both plausible and to be expected - or at least nothing to be too surprised about.

It's one appearing out of thin air that would cause me to have a fit. An offspring to an already established alicorn is fine. 

The thing is, Cadance is not alicorn-born. According to Twi's chapterbook, Cadance used to be a pegasus until Celly ascended her. But now we know ponies who are not alicorn-born can make an alicorn foal. 

The thing is, Cadance is not alicorn-born. According to Twi's chapterbook, Cadance used to be a pegasus until Celly ascended her. But now we know ponies who are not alicorn-born can make an alicorn foal. 

But is that really such a big thing to get confirmation on? The alicorn state seems to be Cadance's new natural state, seeing as how she didn't lose her horn when she gave up her alicorn magic in Twilight's Kingdom.

But is that really such a big thing to get confirmation on? The alicorn state seems to be Cadance's new natural state, seeing as how she didn't lose her horn when she gave up her alicorn magic in Twilight's Kingdom.

Well, somewhat, since not being born alicorn, but later becoming one, opened up the possibility that the baby wouldn't be born alicorn. Judging by Celly's and Luna's looks, they didn't saw it coming. Flurry is probably the first alicorn-born in Equestria since the sisters started ruling

Well, somewhat, since not being born alicorn, but later becoming one, opened up the possibility that the baby wouldn't be born alicorn. Judging by Celly's and Luna's looks, they didn't saw it coming. Flurry is probably the first alicorn-born in Equestria since the sisters started ruling

Hm, I guess the question is - have there actually been other cases of alicorn pregnancies (or even other alicorns besides the sisters, prior to Cadence and Twilight entering the picture) before Cadence?

Celestia doesn't seem like she's had any children (married to her work? Or simply making sure to avoid pregnancy if she has had lovers over the millennia) and Luna has been absent, so I guess it could be a case of no one actually knowing what to expect at all, if Cadence is the first documented case of alicorn pregnancy.

Hm, I guess the question is - have there actually been other cases of alicorn pregnancies (or even other alicorns besides the sisters, prior to Cadence and Twilight entering the picture) before Cadence?

Celestia doesn't seem like she's had any children (married to her work? Or simply making sure to avoid pregnancy if she has had lovers over the millennia) and Luna has been absent, so I guess it could be a case of no one actually knowing what to expect at all, if Cadence is the first documented case of alicorn pregnancy.

Oficially, neither Celly nor Luna had any children, and the alicorns that lived in what now is Canterlot, left shortly after the sisters were picked to rule Equestria. So with that in mind, it's probably Flurry is the first known alicorn born in Equestria since then