Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is it ok for Skyla to be anticipated for episode, and not other Alicorns?

ManaMinori

Such as Princess Gold Lily and Sterling? Skyla is also an alicorn, so why is it ok for HER to be anticipated for future MLP:FiM episodes, but not Princess Sterling or Gold Lily, who are also from the toyline, (especially if they could provide lore on Alicorns)?

• Brohoof 1

We don't know if that's officially going to be Cadence and Shining armors daughter yet, do we? I think it's just fan speculation, but she's most anticipated because it's easiest to envision her being canon and fitting in to the story.

817Gl-HyN6L._SL1500_.jpg

I was under the impression that everyone was dreading Princess Skyla, not anticipating her.

soon as Cadance announced she was preggers, forums eploded with talk of Skyla. So nope. Sounds like anticipation to me

I must be out of the loop a bit, but who is Skyla? is she a toy product?

all the ponies are toy product, though. (Cartoon is just to push them). But to answer your question, yeah.

We don't know if that's officially going to be Cadence and Shining armors daughter yet, do we? I think it's just fan speculation, but she's most anticipated because it's easiest to envision her being canon and fitting in to the story.

sig-4340330.817Gl-HyN6L._SL1500_.jpg

regardless if it's official or not, people have still been anticipating her. Yet at the same time, the same people cry "no more alicorns". Yet they want Skyla, and not Gold Lily and Sterling....

Sense, much?

Alicorns are alicorns.

• Brohoof 1

soon as Cadance announced she was preggers, forums eploded with talk of Skyla. So nope. Sounds like anticipation to me

all the ponies are toy product, though. (Cartoon is just to push them). But to answer your question, yeah.

regardless if it's official or not, people have still been anticipating her. Yet at the same time, the same people cry "no more alicorns". Yet they want Skyla, and not Gold Lily and Sterling....

Sense, much?

Alicorns are alicorns.

oh...that thing...I actually forgot about that...

Sense, much?

Alicorns are alicorns.

I don't think we even know if she will be born an alicorn, maybe she'll just be a unicorn.

Wasn't that overgrown filly doll labeled on the box as Twi's daughter with some stallion or another?

@silver letter; The thing pictured above? Agreed. Shining and Heartbumm's foal? You have found your first. I can't wait to see what kind of adorable little bundle I'll write about spoiling in my fanfic.      Yeah I really need to make shirt sleeves extinct in my wardrobe and swap out the muscle in my chest for something a bit more cold and metallic..... 

I think that having Skyla be an alicorn is an over-the-top, annoying move.  Let's just make everypony an alicorn!  Everypony can be super!

And another thing.  I'm getting really f*ckin sick of every toy (this goes far beyond MLP) coming out long before the episode/movie/whatever is even out.  I resent that we even know the little brat's name.  WHY CAN'T ANYTHING BE A F*CKIN SURPRISE?!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think that having Skyla be an alicorn is an over-the-top, annoying move. Let's just make everypony an alicorn! Everypony can be super!

And another thing. I'm getting really f*ckin sick of every toy (this goes far beyond MLP) coming out long before the episode/movie/whatever is even out. I resent that we even know the little brat's name. WHY CAN'T ANYTHING BE A F*CKIN SURPRISE?!

alicorns aren't even "super", though, as the series has shown. Sunbutt has gotten beaten by bugbutt and plundervines from Discord, Tilight has gotten beaten by a unicorn, Twice (Starlight snd Sombra), and Discord, also had a power stalemate with Tirek. Cadance was also beaten once by bugbutt, to be able to be imprisoned. Luna was beaten by Tilight & friends.

No alicorn is Super.

Aside from the 4 in the show, there's only 3 other Alicorns fromm the toyline, so still, it's only 7 in total. Hardly "everyone".

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

alicorns aren't even "super", though, as the series has shown. Sunbutt has gotten beaten by bugbutt and plundervines from Discord, Tilight has gotten beaten by a unicorn, Twice (Starlight snd Sombra), and Discord, also had a power stalemate with Tirek. Cadance was also beaten once by bugbutt, to be able to be imprisoned. Luna was beaten by Tilight & friends.

No alicorn is Super.

Aside from the 4 in the show, there's only 3 other Alicorns fromm the toyline, so still, it's only 7 in total. Hardly "everyone".

It was just a joke to set up the Incredibles line.

• Brohoof 1

No alicorn is Super.

For me it's not how powerful they are that makes it annoying but that alicorns is supposed to have special physical traits which should of stayed unique only to Celestia and Luna but now they're trivializing it by making Cadance and giving Twilight the alicorn form. And no doubt adding it to more.

• Brohoof 1

I think it would be fun to see cadence and shining go through child birth and the wonders of a new live and I am not too fussed if it is an allicorn. But it doesn't need to be an allicorn and I won't be sad if this skyla was never mentioned in the main show.

For me it's not how powerful they are that makes it annoying but that alicorns is supposed to have special physical traits which should of stayed unique only to Celestia and Luna but now they're trivializing it by making Cadance and giving Twilight the alicorn form. And no doubt adding it to more.

the journal of the two sisters gives the ony details on Alicorns we know so far- that being that they only represent the harmony between the 3 lesser races. Twilight- after coming to have friends of each pony race and realizing that the magic of friendship between the 3 races, which she has in her pony clique, was transformed into an alcorn who better represented that unification.

So was Cadance- originally a pegasi who was taken in by earth ponies, discovered their friendship, and who defeated and befriended a powerful unicorn, getting Aliorn treatment after, because Alicorns again, best represent the unity of 3 races.

No other requirements, no other special physical traits. The series matches in line with what yhe Journal said Alicorns are meant to be. So if unification of 3 races is all the Alicorns are supposed to represent, then I personally see no reason why Gold Lily and Sterling couldn't have show cameos and be explained in such a way. Or even that they're born alicorns, as C&L seem to be. Since the journal DID mention other aliorns, when the royal isters ere mere fillies

• Brohoof 1

the journal of the two sisters gives the ony details on Alicorns we know so far- that being that they only represent the harmony between the 3 lesser races. Twilight- after coming to have friends of each pony race and realizing that the magic of friendship between the 3 races, which she has in her pony clique, was transformed into an alcorn who better represented that unification.

So was Cadance- originally a pegasi who was taken in by earth ponies, discovered their friendship, and who defeated and befriended a powerful unicorn, getting Aliorn treatment after, because Alicorns again, best represent the unity of 3 races.

No other requirements, no other special physical traits. The series matches in line with what yhe Journal said Alicorns are meant to be. So if unification of 3 races is all the Alicorns are supposed to represent, then I personally see no reason why Gold Lily and Sterling couldn't have show cameos and be explained in such a way. Or even that they're born alicorns, as C&L seem to be. Since the journal DID mention other aliorns, when the royal isters ere mere fillies

Then leave it in the books don't put it the show.

then I personally see no reason why Gold Lily and Sterling couldn't have show cameos and be explained in such a way.

The fact that another alicorn existed with Cadance sort of caused ripples of disbelief when she was first revealed, so another two being around is also hard to believe. Especially since Twilight's Kingdom would suggest that Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and Twilight are the only alicorns currently around. It's just easier to accept another alicorn appearing due to being born than just having two more full grown alicorns pop out of nowhere, at least without it being a prelude to explaining what happened to all the alicorns before Celestia and Luna were the only ones left.

Never heard of her. Is Skyla only in the comic books, or just represented by a figure? Wondering where she got her start.

She was just a Newborn plushie that was made between the time of the Royal Wedding and the Crystal Empire stuff. The coloring plus the timing made it easy to just assume she's Cadance's daughter (and some believe that Skyla was originally going to just be a baby version of Cadance but Hasbro didn't want to portray the wife from their Royal Wedding line as a baby or something). After that one toy from the middle of 2012, she hasn't had another toy made of her since. Of course, that toy hadn't stopped people from discussing and asking about her actually being in the show, so she was still remembered until today. Then they finally have Cadance be pregnant in season 5, and so now Skyla is the primary candidate for how people imagine her baby to be like.

Anticipate:

Regard as probable: expect or predict.

That doesn't mean that we want to see Skyla be in the show or be an alicorn princess.

It just means that seeing how this show is a 22 minute toy commercial, that when we get news on toys for new characters like Skyla, we speculate when or if they will be introduced into the show.

And with season 5 now announcing that Cadence is going to have a baby, it makes sense to think that Skyla being her child is a likely possibility.

I am in this Fandom for a long time now and somehow, Skyla seems to be one of the oldest running gags of the fandom. Everybody expects her to appear in every season, but she just dosen't come.

Now with Cadence being pregnant, anticipation of her, is at an all time high and i kinda expect her to come, just because the writers think "Well, the bronies asked for years now, so they get what they feared." :P

• Brohoof 3

I'm afraid Skyla will end up an alicorn. Seeing as they have nilly willy made Twilight an alicorn and by Hasbro's strict orders made Cadance an alicorn and how they jokingly made Big Mac and Discord alicorns the concept is on thin ice, eventually another alicorn will appear. 

There was rumors of an alicorn city as well so eh, I can see there's going to be more alicorns much to my dismay.