Southern USA

Lithophila

I live in Virginia, I am a proud southerner, I have a 8x10 foot confederate flag, I am not racist, I am not Christian(Or any certain religion), I Hate Bronies (Lol), I am open minded, Strait, I think that people around here are too narrow minded.

How many stereotypes did i just break?

scootaloo_ava_sig_by_stormdustpony-d9ghj

Signature by ME

I may be from Tennessee, but hardly anything about me is actually "southern". The only thing I can think of is the Tennessee accent. Pretty much everything else you wouldn't be able to tell.

Edited by Azure Flare
  • Brohoof 1

There is a difference between helping and being simply naive. Having people of other religious and ethnic conflicts with a view that women are property, and that you can just treat people like dirt if they are considered "Naked" which would be not comforming to their religious ideals like wearing a tent on your body, which is the opposite of better values that we share compared to their primitive 7th century values, it is bound to go chaotic. Like Sweden is a pure good example of a friggin bad policy. when it comes to it. I mean if helping means by letting your country burn... then that's a very poor definition of it. But in either case 2016 will be interesting :)

it is 5% mr. I would say that people overestemate the situation. The biggest problem is that they have not directed the immigrants anywhere, so they kind of made themsevles a ghetto. If the new citizens had been organized better, there would not be a problem. Besides we are at this date mostly taking in moderate groups, like kurds and syrians (one of the most educated of the arab groups). Saying that they made sweden "burn", is either an overstatement, or simply plain wrong. Malmø is having a problem, but the growth in islamism is only one half, the other half is growth in neo-nazism. Which is not something new to Sweden. 2016 will be interesting indeed, because then we will see how sweden will deal with both of these problems.

(Really cool signature)

(edited)

because then we will see how sweden will deal with both of these problems.

Yup :). You have fun with that.

burning-Swedish-flag.jpg

I may be from Tennessee, but hardly anything about me is actually "southern". The only thing I can think of is the Tennessee accent. Pretty much everything else you wouldn't be able to tell.

Formal voices and good attitude with polite talk is kinda cool about the southern part of USA : 3. Like "Pardon ma'am/sir" or "Y'all be good now, ya hear?"

Edited by Lithophila

I live in good ol Alabama. And by "good ol" I mean boring and terrible. Living in the Bible Belt with the most red neck people on the planet doesn't bode well for me.

I guess we have a space and rocket center, so that's fun.

img-24169-1-img-24169-1-zVtdI3D.png!Error loading image

You search for links, but nothing is there!

From an outsider's perspective, Southern USA has some absolutely great stuff, plenty of friendly people and a good attitude towards life ... and alsa some terrible stuff, being extremely bigoted and backwards in their thinking. It really seems to depend on what state, and what PARTS of those states you're in. To an extent, the south is shown in a bad light which tends to overshadow the good parts, and that shouldn't happen. HOWEVER, there does seem to be a higher amount of racism and whatnot in the south at the same time.

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

From an outsider's perspective, Southern USA has some absolutely great stuff, plenty of friendly people and a good attitude towards life ... and alsa some terrible stuff, being extremely bigoted and backwards in their thinking. It really seems to depend on what state, and what PARTS of those states you're in. To an extent, the south is shown in a bad light which tends to overshadow the good parts, and that shouldn't happen. HOWEVER, there does seem to be a higher amount of racism and whatnot in the south at the same time.

I can agree with this. The south isn't that bad, but there are some nasty parts about it. Racism is really bad in Alabama, as well as an extreme amount of hypocrisy and bigotry against anyone who doesn't believe in religion and such. It's kinda sad, because like you said, there is good stuff here

• Brohoof 1

img-24169-1-img-24169-1-zVtdI3D.png!Error loading image

You search for links, but nothing is there!

I live in Georgia, and the people in my town aren't really racist or bigots anyways. We're a rather diverse town, and we're all very good. I think that the South is great, but at the same time, loom anywhere in the world. You see prefect equality everywhere? You aren't. The South has flaws just like any other place. Plus I'm conservative and Christian. So wanna bash on that take another look, what you see in presidential candidates is not usually what the people are like. But hey, but you can have you're opinion, not mine.

• Brohoof 1

I'm willing to bet that most of the people bashing the South in this thread would get up in arms if you highlighted the overwhelming amounts of religious fanaticism, misogyny, racism and general backwardness that is exhibited by people in Middle-Eastern/Islamic countries

• Brohoof 1

...But that's just my opinion.

Is there anywhere in the south that gets distinct seasons?

What do you mean by that? I don't understand your question

img-33640-1-sig-3772517.sig-3772517.sig-
~My life is a bunch of Discord~
Yes, the pun was intended
~Kivil~

As in, hot in summer, cool in fall, cold in winter, and warm in spring.

I'm mainly asking about leaves changing in fall, and snow in winter.

Uh yeah. There are places in the south that have that. I live in SC and it is considered "Deep South" We just had snow, in the fall the leave change colors and there are crap tons of pollen in the spring.

~Kivil~

There's no seasons here in Florida. XD

But I have seen leaves changing as far south as Alabama and Georgia. So there is some degree of changing seasons. 

Madison%20county%20so%20car.gif

Country and Rock fan | Car fan (especially police cars) | Weather Pony | YouTube | Twitter | DeviantART

Yeah, the typical right-wing nonsense is very visible around here. As far as how it varies from region to region, it can be extremely conservative, or fairly liberal. My hometown is on the conservative side. I can't remember how many churches there are around here, and nearly every elected official is Republican. Head 50 miles west for Nashville. It's where the "fairly liberal" part comes from. Most of the elected officials are again Republican, but the diversity of businesses there is astounding. Hell, I would even call Nashville gay-friendly.

There definitely are 4 seasons in Tennessee. You should see The Smokies in Autumn, it's very colorful.

The Smokies in Autumn, it's very colorful.

I was just there actually! It was so pretty! But I was freezing to death >.< 

• Brohoof 1

~Kivil~

Just as someone who has lived in both Texas and now Florida, I would say my exposure to southern culture has been . . . overall not that different from the North in my homes of Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Who knew?

• 3 years later...

Born in the South and plan to retire/die in the South. I love it here (well minus the humid summers and mosquitoes)  :-P

My state tends to get made fun of a lot, which gets old and annoying, but eh whatever. Some of the most generous people on the planet live here.  

Edited by Phosphor
  • Brohoof 1

Three years later and I still have pretty much nothing positive to say about the South. I hate my state even more after every single county voted for Trump and then they elected a horrible, horrible governor. My family and I have had enough.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

I live in the South, and I want out. I don't like the political or actual climate, I don't entirely like the people (in general, they have little respect for boundaries, are two-faced, and totally backwards), and I don't like the accents people speak in, in most southern states. Texas doesn't have that problem though (except y'all has become ANNOYING to hear).

Luckily I'm living and Texas and not Mississippi or sonething. Seriously, that's around where the south is at its worst. Would I rather live here than California? F*** yes. Do I want to live here? F*** no.

Edited by Dusklicious

I live in the State of Georgia, thus I am Southern. And I don't plan on joining any racial supremacist groups like the Ku Klux Klan. I'd just assumed I joined a gang of criminals. That's what a lot of racial supremacists are in my opinion: criminals... or potential criminals. I despise racial supremacy, in case you can't tell. When watching documentaries about the African slave trade and Martin Luther King Junior, let's just say I want the slave traders, slave owners, and persecutors to die painfully. And if they call me a race traitor, I'll just say "And you're a traitor to society." Seriously. I do NOT like racial persecutors. They remind me of Nazis. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I imagined a bunch of Ku Klux Klansmen, Civil War-era slave owners, slave traders, and the racist scumbags who terrorized African American citizens suddenly saluting like Nazis and shouting "SIEG HEIL!" over and over again in front of a Nazi flag. Basically, I'm a Southerner who's not big on racism.

Edited by heavens-champion

There are good aspects of the South and bad aspects of it, like anywhere else. I can’t make a blanket statement that would encapsulate an entire region and all its inhabitants. I’ve seen good and bad everywhere. I personally haven’t had many good experiences with the South, and it’s not one of my preferences for places to live. But there are parts of it, like Florida, that I enjoy quite a lot.