Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favorite mythological horse type?

Rainbow Diamonds

Mythological Horses  

19 users have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite mytholgical horse?

• Unicorn
    • Pegasus
    • Alicorn
    • HIppogriff
    • Hippocampus
    • Hippalectryon
    • Other (please specify)

I didn't add Earth Ponies because they aren't exactly mythological horses. If they are, I haven't seen any myths about horses or ponies that are able to grow food. 

Unicorn: A horse that has a single horn on its head

Pegasus: A horse that has wings 

Alicorn: A horse that has both wings and a single horn

Hippogriff: A creature that has the front of an eagle and the back of a horse  

Hippocampus: A creature that has the front of a horse and the back of a fish 

Hippalectryon: A creature that has the front of a horse and the back of a chicken

Depends which kind of universe it's from...for example I like the old Heroes III unicorn:

355848951.jpg

Edit: I haven't even heard about the last two. Half horse half fish? A seahorse? :sunbutt:

Edited by Kerberossz

I am gonna say Unicorn, as while I think Alicorns are cool and all, I think it is unfair the others in that regard. Though I really haven't read many things about mythological horses. It is weird that Pegasi are the ones usually used in a, I guess, 'cool' manner while Unicorns are usually advertised as 'girly'. Really odd. 

Also:

Hippalectryon: A creature that has the front of a horse and the back of a chicken

This seems reeeeeaaaaally counter-intuitive. XD

• Brohoof 1

UNICORNS! Man, I wish these magnificent creatures were real. If they were, I'd own one and I will stay with it forever. That's one reason why Rarity is my favourite character from MLP. :D

I'd write several pages and paragraphs of reasons despite me being a dude, why I love unicorns so much.

post-36311-0-55662000-1455924935_thumb.pngpost-36311-0-87596500-1455924845.jpgpost-36311-0-07926000-1455924876.jpgpost-36311-0-01458100-1455924914_thumb.pngpost-36311-0-39682000-1455925070_thumb.pngpost-36311-0-94321300-1455925166_thumb.jpgpost-36311-0-60013300-1455925214_thumb.png

Edited by DJ Gumball

I really like pegasi because I have always been fascinated with flight.

Also, horses with beautiful angel-like wings are just gorgeous.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I won’t chose alicorns because it’s too cheap. Speaking of them, is there a myth about them in the first place :huh:.

Anyway, I’d like to mention several immortal horses from Greek myths, but my definitive favorite mythological horse would be the divine dragon horses: Kirin :kirin:

• 9 months later...