Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mlp The Movie animation style?

Luminance

Hyping up for the first trailer/tease of the movie got me wondering of which animation style would Hasbro go forth with.Would it be fully CGI,100% Flash, some Flash with GGI,live action with GCI...oh boy?!

What do you want to see on the big screen?

It's just a basic Tv to Film adaptation of an animated show.

Like how Recess, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberries and many others have gotten in the past.

And just like those kinds (the ones that actually have people from the show involved in the movie, and are an animated movie) I am pretty sure that is going to have the same animation style as the show.

Just with a higher budget and quality.

• Brohoof 3

It's just a basic Tv to Film adaptation of an animated show.

Like how Recess, Rugrats, The Wild Thornberries and many others have gotten in the past.

And just like those kinds (the ones that actually have people from the show involved in the movie, and are an animated movie) I am pretty sure that is going to have the same animation style as the show.

Just with a higher budget and quality.

Maybe we'll get more shaders and shadows seen on season 5, plus some 3D cgi elements.

Here's a horrid thought. What if it's complete CGI, but with Spike presented as live action, played by a little boy in face paint wearing a dragon suit?

Lulz, that's funny.

I dunno, I think they'll use a higher quality version of the same style, but I'm sure they'll use CGI for flashier stuff

Lulz, that's funny.

I dunno, I think they'll use a higher quality version of the same style, but I'm sure they'll use CGI for flashier stuff

I'm actually thinking it'll be a mix of flash with CGI for the flashier stuff, like you said. The idea of Spike being live action is kinda scary! 

Over the years the style has gotten more and more crisp and detailed, so I'm hoping for the movie they will build on the effects that have been used since the beginning of Season 4 when the animation quality really got turned up a notch. "Princess Twilight pts. 1&2" is really stunning to look at during some scenes, so I'd like more of that.

Additionally, I would prefer no CGI, since previous applications of that style, like with the timberwolves, just looks hokey. For the movie, I can see the need to augment the existing Flash style so that its easier to look at given the drastic change in viewing format, but obviously I'd prefer those changes to not include CGI.

• Brohoof 1