food What is your favorite Hot Sauce(s)?

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

Things are about to get hot and saucy. Not like that! 

Hot sauces are something that I recently have delved into. After hearing about them and seeing them in different videos, I wanted to give them a shot. Never thought I would like them but they are quite delicious. <3 Though I haven't tried many.

So I want to ask, what hot sauces have YOU tried? Got any favorites? Any least favorites? Have at thee! I could probably find some new ones to try. :3

I have only tried two: Sriracha and Texas Pete. Both are good, Texas Pete isn't as strong but I am really warming up (ha) to Sriracha on meats. 

Untitled-2.jpg

Behold! Sriracha hot sauce!

• Brohoof 5

Frank's RedHot hot sauce is by far my favorite; particularly the "buffalo" variety.  And, as much as I like their BBQ sauce, Sweet Baby Ray's hot sauce was kind of awful.  After exclusively using the Frank's brand for a long time, something about the other brand was just off.

• Brohoof 2

For a guy who isn't much into hot sauce, I actually like this saice called "el ebano", which is habanera saice :wacko:. It can be hot if made right :o .

I like Sriracha, because it's easy to get ahold of. I love me a good horseradish mustard-y sauce. My hands down favorite though, is a green salsa they have at a local taco joint here in Austin called Torchy's. I'm not sure what it is, but it's green, and spicy, got damn good flavor, and all around amazing.

Louisiana and Tabasco

That stuff is soooo good on fried chicken

Frank's, Louisiana, Cholula, Tapatio, Tabasco, INSANITY

As a side note, I just don't like Sriracha.

I also hate habeneros/scotch bonnets with a passion. Heat is not the reason either - I just think they taste gross. Like soap.

• 3 weeks later...

I recall eating a dish some 7-8 years ago in a foreign restaurant on a trip to europe.. it came with a hot sauce called "Red buffalo eyes".

I got a weak sense of taste so hot sauces is something i usually shrug off (or even welcome, considering they make a noticeable taste for my tastebuds). Emphasis on USUALLY. That sauce was so spicey i could feel burning hellfire billowing from my throat. It was awesome!

I can add more to the list. I have since tried Frank's Redhot and Cholula.

Both of them are quite good, though Frank's isn't anywhere near as thought as I was anticipating, it is pretty mild, but still good. Cholula is much hotter and might actually be my favorite so far. It is very smokey. :3

• 1 month later...

Mad Dog: 357 and Mad Dog: Ghost pepper sauce. Both will blow your shoes off. :sunbutt:​ There was another one called Woman Scorned  :pout: that wasn't very hot but had a really nice flavor to it. 

• Brohoof 2

Mad Dog: 357 and Mad Dog: Ghost pepper sauce. Both will blow your shoes off. :sunbutt:​ There was another one called Woman Scorned  :pout: that wasn't very hot but had a really nice flavor to it. 

I have heard Mad Dog is brutal. :o Not sure if I could ever build myself up to trying those. XD Something tells me they would blow my shoes off even if I wasn't wearing shoes. :P

Oh and since I have last posted in this thread, I have tried one additional sauce and that is Tapatio. That one is really nice, has the smokey flavor of Cholula but it is not quite as hot.

• Brohoof 1