Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where will the budget for the 2017 movie go towards?

TheMarkz0ne

So, even if MLP gets good reviews, there's going to be a VERY uphill battle getting adult males to see it due to shame, while frozen wouldn't have quite the same issue.

Not to mention that if Hasbro releases this in December 2017, it will be even more difficult with Star Wars Episode VIII coming out.

Not to mention that if Hasbro releases this in December 2017, it will be even more difficult with Star Wars Episode VIII coming out.

November 3, 2017 is the current date. It's far away from Star Wars VIII and even more Justice League is probably delayed until WB can figure out what to do with Hack Snyder.

Even then February or March 2018 is an option too.

Edited by TheAnimatorOfficial

Actually Frozen did have the same issue. I remember when the trailers came out so many adults complained, saying it looked like generic kiddie crap and it was just your typical princess movie on ice. And then the reviews came out and the public perception changed.

Really they have to catch the attention of males as early as the teaser trailer and even the posters.

The issue is more that people who might want to give it a try due to good reviews will feel like jackasses going up and asking "I'd like a ticket for my little pony" due to the name's stigma. In the public mind MLP is the same as barbie, the go to "Its for 5 year old girls" product. So I feel that people will feel more self conscious being seen seeing MLP in public as an adult male than they would for frozen, because while people might view it as generic kiddy crap, they wouldn't have the same hammered in association of "4 year old girls product" as MLP does.

I kind of wonder if they're going to try and market it in a way more appealing to adults due to this, like how Teenage mutant ninja turtles always just called it "ninja turtles" in voice over ads for it to try and cut out the more ludicrous part of its name.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

Just jumping on here but Maybe a good part of the budget is going to toys and effects(Remember MLP is a half hour long toy ad)

The issue is more that people who might want to give it a try due to good reviews will feel like jackasses going up and asking "I'd like a ticket for my little pony" due to the name's stigma. In the public mind MLP is the same as barbie, the go to "Its for 5 year old girls" product. So I feel that people will feel more self conscious being seen seeing MLP in public as an adult male than they would for frozen, because while people might view it as generic kiddy crap, they wouldn't have the same hammered in association of "4 year old girls product" as MLP does.

and that is why i am taking my 6yo young cousin to see it. If she likes it good, and i will get less strange looks 

I kind of wonder if they're going to try and market it in a way more appealing to adults due to this, like how Teenage mutant ninja turtles always just called it "ninja turtles" in voice over ads for it to try and cut out the more ludicrous part of its name.

I dunno. I know many people who consider frozen 4 year old girl stuff.

I want to see this movie succeed but it would be akward to go watch it in theather thanks to the name stigma and this is where this budget and marketing can help. By making the right adds and playing against this stereo type it might open the markt for them

I want to see this movie succeed but it would be akward to go watch it in theather thanks to the name stigma and this is where this budget and marketing can help. By making the right adds and playing against this stereo type it might open the markt for them

That's why marketing should minimize the words "My Little Pony" and focus on whatever the subtitle happens to be. It's a lot easier to go up to the ticket person and ask for a ticket to "Guardians of Harmony" (for example) than "My Little Pony".

So its going to be interesting to see if history repeats and if bronies abandon or support FIM's movie when it comes out. (the fact that the brony fandom seems to have been shrinking since S3 doesn't bode well for the movie though, nor does its plateued popularity with its target audience.)

Where did you hear the fandom was shrinking since season 3?

Spongebob came out in 1999 and the original movie was 2005, so I don't see an issue here. 

And 2005 was around Spongebob's high point.

Spongebob was a hit worldwide though. I barely know anybody in germany, that gives a pete about MLP.

My German wife still giggle about how they had to change "Cupcakes" to "Muffins" in German.

Also, extra for a celebrity voice over ;) *coughStarswirlcough*

#WILLIAM SHATNER FOR STARSWIRL!

:P

Though seriously, while I'd love to see him voice somepony, I think he'd be better as a pegasi (like a wonderbolt) rather than starswirl.

Starswirl's in a bit of a strange place, characterwise. The comics portray him one way, the show portrays him another; Specifically, the show portrays him as a fairly wise and badass character (as do the books) while the comics make him out to be basically pinkie with a horn, a huge goofball, and to be honest, a massive failure.

1124917__safe_text_meta_twitter_slowpoke

And please remind me: is this 2D or CGI??? :confused:

2d, but using toon boom animation for its program instead of flash.

The same costs that almost every animated movie has to pay :P

Also, extra for a celebrity voice over ;) *coughStarswirlcough*

And please remind me: is this 2D or CGI??? :confused:

Heath Ledger would be perfect if he was still alive (RIP). Hoping for Ryan Reynolds if comedic, or Nicholas Cage if quirky, or Christain Bale if serious.