Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How many seasons do you think friendship is magic will have ?

Luna 831

During the last months of 2015, I became absolutely convinced that Season 6 would be the final season of our beloved show. Now, however, I feel like we could get a Season 7, since Hasbro would've announced by now that thier biggest show is ending. If all goes well, we might even get a Season 8. I guess it's really up to Hasbro, but since MLP is still very popular and makes a lot of money off of toys, I'd say we're good for another season or 2. As for the quality of the show, I think it's still amazing and they could definitely come up with enough ideas to keep the show afloat for the next couple of years.

• Brohoof 1

I'm beginning to wonder if Season 6 will be the final season. I mean, Rarity is franchising, Rainbow Dash is joining the Wonderbolts, Twilight has taken an apprentice, and the CMC have their purpose in life. I wonder if this is the end, and the MLP movie in 2017 will be the big finale. 

I really wonder what will happen after. Will there be a Generation 5? Will the animation style stay the same? What will the new theme be? Will it still be marketed towards a similar demographic? So many questions.

If Hasbro has a long term plan behind closed doors that we don't know yet, maybe they are planning on keeping the show going but not for too long.

It's axiomatic that FiM can't go on indefinitely.  The Simpsons manage it because of it's episodic nature, the events of one episode rarely have any effect on subsequent episodes, soap operas manage it because they have a constant turnover of characters and an ever-evolving social backdrop to draw from.

FiM is not a soap, and is not the Simpsons.  It's a serialised program with a limited cast of characters each of which has quantifiable goals leading to an inevitable end state, an end state which most of the characters are fast approaching, if they haven't already reached it.

I would think that by the end of series seven, and the subsequent film, they are going to start running out of road, and personally, when that happens, I'd rather see them hit the brakes than watch the whole thing crash and burn in the ditch.

(edited)

As others have said, most of the characters have reached their zenith, so I believe Hasbro is trying to wind the show down. I think the movie is the finale to FiM, and possibly to G4 as a whole, but with its premiere slated for October of next year, I'm betting there will be a 7th season coming out early next year to bridge the gap. It's plausible that if there is a Season 7, it will only be 13 episodes, which would give Hasbro/DHX more time to work on the movie, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Edited by everyoneknowsitsme

Not everypony has money for that.

True, but cable TV is considerably more expensive. ESPN alone costs something like 6 dollars towards your bill.

Netflix reaches over 10 million more homes than DFC does through cable tv.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/02/22/list-of-how-many-homes-each-cable-network-is-in-as-of-february-2015/366230/

Moving to Netflix gives them a huge promotional bump leading up to the movie.

• Brohoof 1

It's been a good run.  

Has season 7 been planned?

I'm not sure how shows end, but I'd like to hope we'd know if this was the last season.  I'd be surprised if it got past 9, so I'll hedge my bets and guess season 8 will be the end.  

It would be interesting to see the statistics on the popularity from season to season.

I'd rather they end when the show is still popular and loved than to end several seasons after that.
Ideally, the end is greeted with "awe, I wanted more" rather than "its finally canceled?  I stopped watching 3 years ago..."

I love MLP enough that I want it to end well.  A crash and burn with a sudden cancellation would just be too sad an end to a fine series.

Stargate: SG1 still makes me sad.  Season 6 would have been a good conclusion, and then Season 7 was a blast.  But then they drug on for 3 additional painful seasons and a lackluster spinoff.

They'll probably continue the show for yet a few more seasons considering the amount of success. However, something like 10 seasons just sounds way too far off

I think season 7 is confirmed and if the movie does better than the EGs movies then they would have to continue it at least with a spin off. And if the movie brings in more fans why wouldn't it last as long as Pokémon or something?

How many Seasons it might gonna have?

I dont know, but i hope it doesnt go further than 8 or 9.

I want to see a new Generation at some point. Or at least i hope.

But whatever, i will watch it anyway i guess...unless i again lose interest in Mlp.