Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

This feels different from other cartoon adaptations

TheAnimatorOfficial

Most movie adaptations of cartoons usually feel significantly different. Better animation, higher stakes etc. They usually up the ante on this stuff. You don't want them to be like the Hey Arnold or Doug movies where they feel like glorified episodes

• Brohoof 2

Do you have a crystalball or something?

It's not even out yet. You should better stay realistic, or you'll be heavy dissapointed, that it's not how you imagined it.

To be honest, this doesn't really feel all that different form other cartoon adaptions to films.

I am looking forward to it because I do love FIM, but I am not excepting it to be a cinematic masterpiece, or even one of the best films of the year, or get an oscar nomination or anything like that.

I doubt they are going to put a big budget onto it, because of MLP stigma.

Not sure if I agree with that logic. They obviously care a lot about the franchise. They know it's a massive moneymaker, so they might as well make sure the film is great.

We haven't even seen a teaser trailer, and I'm not fully sure what more they can do with a 2D Flash animation style that's developed as much as it had since Season 1. Hopefully, they can write in more scenes involving special effects, given that FX animation is one area that's improved significantly and consistently as the show has gone on.

However, keep in mind that this movie hasn't had as long of a development as most other animated features, so I'd be loath to expect something of Disney/Pixar quality here.

We haven't even seen a teaser trailer, and I'm not fully sure what more they can do with a 2D Flash animation style that's developed as much as it had since Season 1. Hopefully, they can write in more scenes involving special effects, given that FX animation is one area that's improved significantly and consistently as the show has gone on.

However, keep in mind that this movie hasn't had as long of a development as most other animated features, so I'd be loath to expect something of Disney/Pixar quality here.

How to Train Your Dragon was made in just one year...

I doubt they are going to put a big budget onto it, because of MLP stigma.

Something to keep in mind is that there is no stigma if you are a child.  

Well, I for one am looking forward to seeing another pony movie in theatre. I got to see Rainbow Rocks in theatre and that was fun, but Friendship Games went straight to tv and then DVD and BluRay, which was fine since we still got the movie, but we missed out on the theatre experience. I'm hoping the in-universe film lives up to the hype since it has been on the list of fan wishes for a long time now.