Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I can't imagine why Sunbutt would want to hold her position of power

ManaMinori

Besides having the knowledge of ruling Equetria that the others don't (Luna does too, but probably still has yet to catch up on the full 1000 years of change, political issues, etc), there's no real reason that I can see, for her to cling to her position.

She's no longer connected to the EoH- which eliminates her from being guardian to her citizens, which she had hoped to be seen as, rather than a ruler (according to the JotTS)

She actively contributes in bringing harm to her subjects, fof the sake of "fun" (GGG twice now)

There are other alicorns now, to represent the unity of the 3 tribes, that being Twilight. The only reason Sunbutt (and Luna) were made princesses by Starswirl were becuse they eere alicorns. And what right does an alicorn leader-in spite of just having physical traits of all 3 races, to represent harmony- have to rule, when the very Tree of Harmony itself has rejected that alicorn?

If the writers, who tweeted about wanting to follow LF's original plan (which involved Twi suppoed to having Succeeded Sunbutt), then why is her flank still claiming throne of ruler over Equestria, when other alicorns (either Luna or Twi, or both) are rightfully more capable of defending the country and its ponies, are alicorns who better represent the unity of the 3 races, and have the means to actively encourage that bnd among the citizens?

Because someone has got to do the administrative work and diplomacy, and she probably is the most capable of them four for that(Luna wasn't here for a long time, Twilight is still learning and Cadence has an empire to manage).

Also, let's not forget that she is praised by every citizen across Equestria. Leaving the throne for someone else would bring disorder and cause more bad things than it would solve.

• Brohoof 5

The writers yet have to show Sunbutt's utter worthlessness, so that absolutely everybody is fine with Sunbutt's death. The next two parter and the movie are going to do that.

They will destroy this totally neglected and underused character with so much potential and then, when it's done and Celestia Sunbutt is ashes, then Sunbutt has McCarthy's, Larson's and Miller's permission to die.

:sunbutt::orly:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The writers yet have to show Sunbutt's utter worthlessness, so that absolutely everybody is fine with Sunbutt's death. The next two parter and the movie are going to do that.

They will destroy this totally neglected and underused character with so much potential and then, when it's done and Celestia Sunbutt is ashes, then Sunbutt has McCarthy's, Larson's and Miller's permission to die.

:sunbutt::orly:

stepping down and leavig other alicorns to rule =/= dying

(Though I, personally, would very much like that)

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

Given how Canterlot politics ground to a HALT when Luna and celestia dissapeared for a single DAY, I think its pretty safe to say that the vast majority of ponies in equestria are utterly useless without Celestia there to hold their hands :P

Plus, if you accept the Luna micro as canon, Celestia has an INCREDIBLY busy schedule that keeps Equestria running.

So Celestia steps down: who takes over? What ponies do we have take that responsibility when there's suddenly a power vaccuum? Cadence is busy with her own kingdom and can barely keep that running; Luna is a spaz compared to Celestia and relies on her for running the red tape. Twilight isn't really ready for that.

So who? We going to put BLUEBLOOD in charge? :P XD

And that's before we even ask who'll raise the sun and the moon without Celestia; Twilight was only able do that with the other Alicorns magic, so I don't think she'd be ready yet.

• Brohoof 1

Given how Canterlot politics ground to a HALT when Luna and celestia dissapeared for a single DAY, I think its pretty safe to say that the vast majority of ponies in equestria are utterly useless without Celestia there to hold their hands :P

Plus, if you accept the Luna micro as canon, Celestia has an INCREDIBLY busy schedule that keeps Equestria running.

So Celestia steps down: who takes over? What ponies do we have take that responsibility when there's suddenly a power vaccuum? Cadence is busy with her own kingdom and can barely keep that running; Luna is a spaz compared to Celestia and relies on her for running the red tape. Twilight isn't really ready for that.

So who? We going to put BLUEBLOOD in charge? :P XD

And that's before we even ask who'll raise the sun and the moon without Celestia; Twilight was only able do that with the other Alicorns magic, so I don't think she'd be ready yet.

n that same episode, the guards turned to Twilight who managed things just fine. It's quite possible that they have it set up so that if they do step down, ig's Twilight who rules the nation-which she has proven to be caable of doing

And she does love her organization and schedules, so that's not a problem

@@Nightmare Muffin, That'd be so funny if politics worked like that.

Hey man, can you sit here and answer phone calls for like, 15 minutes ? I'm going to pick up my kids from school. Thanks. *15 minutes later* You know what ? I heard you were managing a library, so I've made some phonecalls. You are now the president ! Bye !

n that same episode, the guards turned to Twilight who managed things just fine.

All she did was tell the guards to continue looking for Celestia and Luna and tell her if they find anything.

1000 years of good publicity? Despite her recent booboos, she's been the monarch for so long that it probably never occurs to her (or her subjects) that anyone else should rule. And she still sees herself as a guardian (See A Canterlot Wedding - sure, she lost but at least she stepped up into the role.)

She's an alicorn, she represents the three founding tribes of Equestrian ponies, in fact, that's why she and Luna were approached shortly after Equestria's foundation in the first place. Being a powerful alicorn, she can handle crisis most ponies can't, her at least 1000 years of wisdom, and she raises the sun so unicorns won't and eventually run out of magic  

Someone has to do all the paperwork, and she seems to have managed just fine for a thousand years already and the populace, by and large, like and respect her.

I suppose Twilight could take over if the need arose, but I'm not sure if she would even want that. She might have liked peace and quiet above all else some time ago, but these days Twilight gets restless and complains about boredom if she doesn't get to go out on adventures - for better or worse, she seems to have developed a taste for some adventuring and excitement in her life. She seems to be a much more hooves-on, "frontline" type of Princess to Celestia's bureaucratic pencil pusher.

So ... I guess there simply is no reason to. Everyone's quite happy with the way things are right now and it seems to be working well.