Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why would anyone want to rule the world?

heavens-champion

I would want to rule the world passively, in that I have a bunch of people that carry out my will for me, so I don't have to do much actual work.

• 4 weeks later...
  • To control the planet's resources, wealth, infrastructure, populations, etc.
  • To use the planet's resources to accomplish some goal that couldn't be accomplished before.
  • To satisfy some sick craving for power or domination over your fellow man, narcissism basically.
  • To control the flow of information and bend it to suit you or your party's agenda.
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I want to rule the world for the simple reason I want people to have more freedom, the fact I don't trust the governments many of them to stand up for what's right, justice, liberty and freedom. Though it may come of as being narcissistic I simply really dislike the fact that there is so much injustice done to people around the world. So many voices silenced and for what reason? To keep the ruling establishment from scrutiny? Prevent people from standing up for what's right as the government continues to then infringe on their freedom and rights as individuals. I want to rule the world so nobody can continue this, so that people can finally be able to live in peace without wars or corruption. Where people can establish themselves a future that they can be certain will be favorable to them, to make sure that people will be able to live their life as they desire I simply understand the importance of freedom, freedom of speech, freedom of expression and the freedom of association and that anyone that desires to bring violence and oppression onto their fellow humans shall not find themselves in place of power. 

For some people power (as in authority over others) is like a drug, and they want more and more of it. The Ring of Power from Tolkien's works is a good metaphor for it.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn’t want the job. I rule me, that’s my world and I don’t care about interfering with others. Messing around with peoples’ lives is just going to make me feel guilty and sick when I inevitably screw it up. I don’t care how good the pay is, I still have to sleep at night. 

• 1 month later...

Maybe to spend the world resources for something reasonable? Like building a interdimensional gate to Equestria?

I really don't want a job like this, so I'll also never understand that. But some people, do things like that because they like this. I don't need to understand everything on this world.

I'd love to see someone try, because there are several countries that aren't going to be taken over that easily. You have North Korea who are backed by other countries who are willing to stop anyone trying to take over that continent. Or even Greenland, which is owned by Denmark, and Denmark itself isn't willing to hand over Greenland to anyone. And considering that Greenland is the least populous continent there is, why would anyone live there? Its almost always snowing, and its nigh impossible to grow agriculture due to its freezing nature, and its highly mountainous too, which makes it even more of a challenge to live there. Not to mention roads being incredibly sparse.

Even Russia isn't afraid to fight back, even though it only has what? Over 100 million people living there? Yes, because the northern parts of Russia is extremely cold to the point where its even remotely impossible to survive up there. But yeah, many of the countries, including its territories, wouldn't let anyone try and conquer the world without dealing with potentially permanent consequences.

1 hour ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

I'd love to see someone try, because there are several countries that aren't going to be taken over that easily. You have North Korea who are backed by other countries who are willing to stop anyone trying to take over that continent. Or even Greenland, which is owned by Denmark, and Denmark itself isn't willing to hand over Greenland to anyone. And considering that Greenland is the least populous continent there is, why would anyone live there? Its almost always snowing, and its nigh impossible to grow agriculture due to its freezing nature, and its highly mountainous too, which makes it even more of a challenge to live there. Not to mention roads being incredibly sparse.

Even Russia isn't afraid to fight back, even though it only has what? Over 100 million people living there? Yes, because the northern parts of Russia is extremely cold to the point where its even remotely impossible to survive up there. But yeah, many of the countries, including its territories, wouldn't let anyone try and conquer the world without dealing with potentially permanent consequences.

Covid seems to be doing well though:laugh:

• 2 years later...