Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Remember recess?

gamecubeguy214

Remember that thing in elementary school where you would go outside for like 15 minutes and could do whatever you want? Those were the days, man. I loved chilling on the swing set and talking to my friend about media and stuff. I had a friend in sixth grade and she was pretty much rule 63 of me. You miss those breaks, or would you rather stay in class?

• Brohoof 1

When I first entered middle school (A.K.A junior high) I was worried that I would miss recess. However, I soon realized that I wouldn't at all miss it. The reason for this is because I never really enjoyed the time, anyway. I didn't have any real friends in elementary school and I vividly remember spending roughly 80% of my recess time alone on the swings. It was embarrassing because it showed all of the other students just how alone I really was. Don't get me wrong, it was nice having some time away from class, but it was never anything I was thrilled about. I also remember having recess even when it was below freezing or insanley hot outside. I remember hearing other students complaining about it all the time.

Overall, recess was never really my... "thing".

• Brohoof 1

Recess is only in elementary school in America? So you don't have recess anymore when you go to middle school, meaning you spend more time in class than out?

What.

That sounds awful. I remember recess because I still have it in high school, and it's 20 minutes instead of 15. Then later in the day we have lunch which is 40 minutes, overall we have an hour of break from lessons. 

• Brohoof 2

Recess was awesome. My group of friends used to play something called manhunt every long recess, which was basically a mutation of tag. One person was it and tries to tag everyone else. As they get tagged, they also become hunters.

I guess I kind of miss those little breaks in a way, but my college has a nice little pond that I visit between classes when I can and sometimes get some work done there. I guess that's my recess now.

Ah yes. Recess. Basically me being awkward outside the whole time. I had literally no friends in elementary school so I just sorta did my own things. Sometimes playing dodgeball too. I still enjoyed recess plenty despite being mostly alone. Honestly, I hate how once we go to middle school, recess is completely gone. So then we can sit in a classroom for 8 hours. Sure, once we get older it is different, but just sitting in a classroom for that long, with the jumps to other rooms, it was depressing. I guess the one good thing is that in middle school I was in a special ed classroom for all of it, and we got 'free time' breaks where we could do whatever in the room pretty much. Go onto the computers, doodle around, play games on my DS which I did at the time, it was nice.

• Brohoof 1

For a second I thought this was about the bomb-ass TV show

12530735_501495506642199_854128889_n.jpg

Neverreally did much at recess, mainly because Elementary school sucked for me

• Brohoof 5

I actually hated lunch and recess and would rather be in class, it was much better for me as I was that stereotypical bullied loner kid.  :please:

I remember it. I never did a whole lot during it, but I liked getting out of class for a little while.

Thought you were talking about the TV-show :lol:

For a second I thought this was about the bomb-ass TV show

sig-4567379.12530735_501495506642199_854

Lol, me too.

• Brohoof 1

Recess meant spending time outside. D:

Then again, back in elementary school I didn't mind being outside as much as I do now. Still, I personally don't have many memories regarding recess.

Recess was cool, I spent a few years of it though always inside because I never did homework. The times I did go though was fun, except for the fights. When you live in a poor area, fights are gonna happen. You get used to it.

I never liked recess very much, since I thought it was really boring, especially when I got to 4th and 5th grade since I wasn't really into the playground any more.

So I was glad when I got to middle school and there was no more recess :P

I have many fun memories playing football and basketball. When it was winter we wouldn't be able to go outside, which was a bit disappointing, but still fun. :fluttershy:

Kinda funny this was brought up... Past few days/weeks, I'd been thinking about chilling on the jungle gyms, and this partially-buried concrete pipe(about half a foot in along its length) we'd chill in in the shade... Indeed, our folks did say 'You think life is hard now?  This is the easiest time of your life!'...how right they were... :)

Kindergarten through 4th grade was okay for me, though I didn't have very many friends. For both 5th and 6th grade I just either sat under a tree and read or sat in the middle of the soccer field and read (while the game was happening).

On a separate note, how are your guyses school systems lined up? I have elementary school is K-4, middle school is 5-6, junior high is 7-8, and high school is 9-12.

I used to chill back with my earphones trying to make myself none of the crowd. Once i got into a fight with a guy I've been bitter with for a week. Sent him flying down a small flight of stairs. Other than that i used to have little to no excitements.

Recess is only in elementary school in America? So you don't have recess anymore when you go to middle school, meaning you spend more time in class than out?

What.

That sounds awful. I remember recess because I still have it in high school, and it's 20 minutes instead of 15. Then later in the day we have lunch which is 40 minutes, overall we have an hour of break from lessons. 

You still have recess in your country? Lucky you.

I started school in 1989, but I remember recess very well. We had recess between K-6th grade at the elementary school. I believe we got a full hour outside. Reading the comments I see that I was lucky to have had a large group of friends in elementary school. There were at least 12-15 of us who played tag nearly every day. We also used to see who could jump out of the swings and land the farthest. Then we had tag and of course there was kickball. We had three outdoor basketball courts too.

I wish I could go back to those days. That was before the world went crazy and it was well before my health problems. In 2010 I had an opportunity to go visit the old elementary school before they moved to the new buildings and sold it. I couldn't get over how small everything felt. Even though I hadn't been there for nearly 15 years the same stickers and decals were on the windows and everything looked the same as it did. The classrooms were still the same. The math classroom was still the math classroom. The computer lab, music hall, and science rooms were all still there. It was like stepping through a time machine.

I also remember Recess the cartoon too. :)

• Brohoof 1

I always hated lunch break, I hated spending time in the same room as my bullies.  Since I always moved around a lot I never really knew anyone at school so it was a pretty lonely time for me.  I always tried spending it somewhere else but oh no, the lunch aides always had to be a pain about where ever I sat...

It was all kind of a blur to me to be honest. Recess was like the LEAST memorable time in elementary school I had. He'll I remember standing line more than I remember recess. I still can recall the layout of the school even though I haven't been there is damn near 16 years, but yeah recess was never really the highlight. 

Kindergarten through 4th grade was okay for me, though I didn't have very many friends. For both 5th and 6th grade I just either sat under a tree and read or sat in the middle of the soccer field and read (while the game was happening).

On a separate note, how are your guyses school systems lined up? I have elementary school is K-4, middle school is 5-6, junior high is 7-8, and high school is 9-12.

You guys have twelve school years? In Sweden we have 9 years. :blink: