Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What languages do you know or want to learn?

Mint Petal

I speak English and Turkish fluently. I can also speak some Arabic (basic phrases/greetings/goodbyes/excerpts from the Quran.) and I'm also trying to learn some German.

I am currently learning Mandarin (Chinese) in school right now, and can carry on a fair conversation. I live in Taiwan, so I'm at a bit of an advantage and am trying my best.

Czech's the native language (more like natural disaster than language XD), and, because they are similar, I can also communicate the basic things in Polish and quite a lot in Slovak, I also speak English (I swear ! Would I lie to you?) and currently I'm learning German.

I only miss Latin now, I think it would be epic to speak Latin as well... So many wonderful statements...

I speak Scottish(Which is like english only whith more swearing)

I also speak random and gamer....oh and i also speak crazey!! Thats about it.

I speak English, mainly, but my first language is Japanese, I can barely communicate with people outside my city because I have a strong Kokura dialect (I'm born in Sasebo). When I was living in the states I kind of lost my fluency until I moved back to my birthplace (well, near my birthplace at least).

I know a bit of Korean, but I don't know how to write in Hangul.

I speak English, mainly, but my first language is Japanese, I can barely communicate with people outside my city because I have a strong Kokura dialect (I'm born in Sasebo). When I was living in the states I kind of lost my fluency until I moved back to my birthplace (well, near my birthplace at least).

I know a bit of Korean, but I don't know how to write in Hangul.

that's cool, are you japanese by any chance? i knew there were differences between stuff like speakers of kansai dialect and the standard language, but i'd never imagine the syntax to be so different as to impede communication :o

Only English currently. I'd love to learn Russian, the language and culture of the country is immensely fascinating to me.

I'm kinda-sorta-not really learning Spanish. I live so close to the Mexican boarder, it really would be a hugely helpful skill to learn, as many people in the area do not speak a word of English. I'm trying, but it's hard for my mind to retain new information, so it's a slow work in progress.

Swedish as first language

English apperently

and some bad bad German!

I understand allmost anything in German but have a hard time with Grammar and pronounciation!

that's cool, are you japanese by any chance? i knew there were differences between stuff like speakers of kansai dialect and the standard language, but i'd never imagine the syntax to be so different as to impede communication :o

Nah, I was over hyping that statement, they can understand but people would comment about the way I say words, "I end most verbal words with "ken" But since this dialect is slowly dieing, most people won't see any point in it.

I'm quarter Japanese by the way

I speak fluent French as my first language (french canadian variant). I learned English at school but Internet is what got me where I am today with the language. I'm now learning Spanish at school and I must say that I'm not bad.

Also, I plan on learning:

-German

-Italian

-Japanese

-Russian

-Norwegian

-Any language I can get my hands on

I plan on being a translator later on so that's why I want to learn so many languages :) I find it amazing to be able to communicate with so many people.

English born and raised, but I speak German very fluently, or used to anyway, I'm rusty now...

I do know swear words in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Bosnian, Arabic, Latin, and Chinese

I like to think of myself as very multilingual. If anything, I tend to know when people are insulting me hahahaha

• Brohoof 1

I speak...

Danish as my first language.

English

French

A bit of german (but only just a bit)

I also understand written swedish and some norwegian.

I speak English primarily

I also speak Bahasa Malayu

and I dabble a bit in conversational Japanese and Tamil.

Tetapi sudah lama saya tak cakap bahasa malayu dengan orang lain. sedih.

Demo anatatachiwa 01-senpai yobimasu... heh jodan jodan.

I'm not even going to try to spell a scentence in tamil...

I speak english, and am able to communicate successfully in american sign language, and I am taking french. I would love to learn more languages, it is one of my passions and perhaps I may find a career that may allow me the opportunity to use such skills.

Do any of the following count?

• Klingon
  • Elvish
  • Alienese
  • Ancient Hylian
  • Tameranian
  • Canadian (ha ha, just kidding)

Cudos to anypony that gets every single one of those references.

Serious answer: English alone. Unless you count being able to count to ten in Spanish?

English... Derr ofcorse I speek English...

French... I'm Canadian... It's mandatory to learn it through school

Thai... My mom is Thai.... So... How the hell am I supost to talk to her if I don't know Thai

Japanese ... Like a little bit...

That's about it...

Actually, I speak following languages:

English (well, it`s obviously)

Russian (my native language)

German (almost perfectly)

And a little bit Kazakh...

Well, I think this is all.

I forever speak English. I know bits and pieces of other languages, but who doesnt? Like I know a lot of Japanese and stuff, but hell I cannot speak the whole language. I wish thought, that'd be coolio. But I probably know more Japanese words and phrases than other languages I do not speak. I also hear that English is the hardest to learn? Haha, weird

English is the only language I can speak fully and actually make senseful sentences in. I would add the Scottish accent to this too, since it has a significant amount of words/terms in it, and I use it 24/7.

French is next, although I find it hard to make correct sentences in this language due to the many 'rules' of it. I find it much easier to write French than to speak in French.

I speak a bit of Spanish, and I know a few words from German, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Italian and Portuguese.

I can speak:

Finnish - My native language.

Swedish - Only some, even though I studied it for three years.

German - Studied it for 6 years. Have not spoken it for a year now, starting to forget words xD

English - Ofcourse

And a few words of russian.

I am trialangual (if that is the word for the term of speaking three languages) I can speak

English (obviously)

Canadian

and

British

Be very jealous of my multiculturalness