general Fireworks On 4th Of July Weekend. Do You Still Do It?

Denim&Venöm

Fireworks on 4th of July  

21 users have voted

1. 1. Do you still light fireworks on Independence Day Weekend?

• Yes. *Cue Explosions*
    • No. Expensive Waste Of Money
    • Happy Canada Day

Do you still purchase fireworks, firecrackers, sparkles & M-80's for use on National America Day? Or have you grown past that and get annoyed when your whole neighborhood is riddled with explosions over the course of three days? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I'll go with the latter--annoyed at neighborhood explosions.  Listening to it right now, in fact, and I don't care for it.  But then again I'm a bit of a scrooge--I don't really care for any holiday traditions anymore.  But fireworks in particular annoy me because they're dangerous and there's accidents and fires every year, and I hate things that can damage my hearing.  I think firework displays should just be left to professionals.  I'm generally okay with those.

*EDIT*  After listening to massive explosions followed shortly by blaring ambulance sirens for the last several hours, I'd like to add to my post from yesterday and make it a bit more aggressive.  I f*cking hate amateur/neighborhood fireworks and strongly believe that all fireworks should banned nationwide, and that only professional displays be permitted.  Precious emergency response time and resources are tied up every year as 911 calls and emergency room visits spike.  At the very least, I think that skyrockets and the exploding varieties of fireworks should be illegal.

Edited by Justin_Case001

While I certainly enjoy watching fireworks, my family does not participate in lighting them. In fact, we never have. We just don't really want to spend the money on them. Also, our twon has strict rules on fireworks... i.e, how long we can blow them off for, what kinds we can own, etc. However, there are plenty of big firework shows held in other towns close by, so we sometimes go and watch those.

Not to menion, my dog, Guinness, is afraid of fireworks. The loud noises they produce frighten him, so we don't want to make him even more anxious.

:twi:

My extended family lights them every year, so sometimes we go to their places and watch them.

I prefer watching them instead of lighting them off though...I actually got burned by some that tipped over and shot right at me, so yeah, I like my distance :)

But fireworks in particular annoy me because they're dangerous and there's accidents and fires every year, and I hate things that can damage my hearing.

Anything can be dangerous in the hands of idiots, and if you're concerned about your hearing, just use earplugs or something.

In my state of Illinois, it is illegal to purchase fireworks. That doesn't stop people here from buying them. They typically go to Indiana to purchase them. So yeah, I always make some time to see the fireworks. Always a nice show to see them, especially if they're in a show. I mean heck, even if you're not planning on going to a show, you'll probably still hear and see them from your house, so they're hard to miss.

I love it. Some punk sets off a firecracker in my neighborhood, then our beagle howls for hours. It's my favorite.

In all actuality, I don't care for it. I once lost a cat because fireworks scared her off. :(

Aside from that, I never saw the fun in it. But, my family still goes out to watch fireworks shows.

• Brohoof 1

I've never in my life set of fireworks. I like to see the big professional displays, but don't like people shooting stuff off all over the neighborhood. I'm always afraid people will get hurt. That always seems to happen every year. I don't want it happening to people I know.

• Brohoof 1

Yes. In Minnesota, you need a license to use ANY fireworks. I got mine before I left for college.

But I'm at my uncle's house in California for the fourth. They're less restricted there, but my uncle has the appropriate permits for their use.

(edited)

Yup. Depends on which relative's house we're at and who is attending. If we stay home, we go watch the fireworks at the fairgrounds, as a lot of the good ones are illegal here and we get a lot of wildfires.

If it's at my aunt or uncle's, they go get the good stuff and we have a vastly superior fireworks show ourselves. :P

Edited by Leave a Whisper

(edited)

No, I don't like fireworks. They're way too loud and I get a headache when I have to listen to loud noises for too long :c

I live near a beach that sets off fireworks every year; since I've been working there this summer I had to be there real early this morning to help clean up everything. Ehh... :dry:

Edited by Woof Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

My family has never done them. I don't ever plan to do them myself. They're dangerous. They are doubtlessly pretty, but I'll leave them to the professionals.

• Brohoof 1

My family has never liked shooting off their own fireworks. Instead, we just go to a friend's house for an epic 4th of July party and watch the fireworks outside in her yard since it gives a great view. :)

I used to shoot fireworks when I was a teenager. My family and I lived in an area where it was legal so it wasn't a problem. After moving into a big city, there weren't as many options for fireworks, and fewer kinds were available for purchase, so I got out of the habit. I live down the street from Disneyland though, so I don't have to spend money for a good show anymore. I can see them every night right from my window.  :proud:

• Brohoof 1