Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your O.Cs main theme

IsraelYabuki

Oh boy... My DM instincts are taking over....

You find yourself on a small island off the mainland, city lights glow on the horizon across the water.

At first glance, the island's forest appears to be uninhabited, but from the indents in the sand and stunted vegetative growth near the forest's maw, it is obvious that you are not alone here.

Your suspicions are all but confirmed as you come across a small canoe, still damp on its underside. a faint magical aura surrounds it, and after some studying, you find it to be enchanted to keep spiders and insects from nesting inside.

You follow the path of shortened plant life further into the forest. It eventually ends in what seems to be a house. Various colors glow and flash inside while you feel arcane energies of varying intensities ebb and flow. After a knock on the door, the light dies down, and a voice can be heard from the inside.

"Oh my... I wasn't expecting visitors... Are you lost? I can offer boarding for a short while, but I'm afraid at dawn, I will have to send you back to town."

A shimmering pink radiance envelopes the door before swinging open to reveal a unicorn, blue as the open sky, wearing a starred cloak and armlets with shining black stones set inside their lustrous bands. Round spectacles balance at the front of her muzzle while she stares at your party.

"You will have to forgive me, I mean not to transgress by saying you cannot stay here. I simply require.... focus.... My work here is not menial nor arbitrary, and as such I must remain uninterrupted. Should you desire, I have guest beds on the first floor, but I must request you do not enter the second floor nor disturb me at my studies. Truly I am sorry that I cannot reveal what it is I plan, but know that I mean nopony any harm. It is a personal problem of which I cannot relent from until I have discovered the solution I seek.... Oh dear, I feel I may have said too much... I must return to my work, please, make no worries of my babbling; come in, rest yourselves, and re-gain your strength, that you may begone by sunrise."

The song has a feeling that I feel fits a reclusive mage like Hocus Pocus well

Mysterious, timid, formal and polite, kind, and yet, not without subtle notes of danger should it be provoked; should that danger lie within Hocus herself or the experimental studies in which she takes part depends on the encounter.