Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokémon Go Is Finally Out

NullAccount

I absolutely love it. It's gotten me out of the house, which I will be forever grateful for. I hope it comes out soon for those who haven't gotten it yet.

Has anybody pre-ordered the bluetooth wristband that will go along with the app? I was debating whether or not I should.

• Brohoof 1

I like it. Gets me movin' a bit more than I normally do. People in my state are actually throwing parties and holding barbecues at parks, teams are irrelevant. :crackle:
That said, on the other end of the spectrum, there are people treating the team stuff like gang stuff, tagging real world locations with grafitti "for their team." Disgusting. :eww:

So after finally giving into the hype and downloading the mirror version required to play in Europe right now,

There is every chance using another regions copy will get you banned. They were banning people using the Japanese version pre-NZ launch. <_<

Has anybody pre-ordered the bluetooth wristband that will go along with the app? I was debating whether or not I should.

I looked into it and found it lacking. I would go with "Nah" on that.

• Brohoof 3

My city is overrun by Rattata's ... I suspect an invasion is imminent. The mayor must know!

There should be no chance I like this app, but I have to say ... it is surprisingly fun. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I looked into it and found it lacking. I would go with "Nah" on that.

Hey, I appreciate it. I looked into it to, but all I found were mixed reviews. I trust your judgement, though. :-P

Edited by biologypony
  • Brohoof 3

Is it just me or is Pokemon GO kind of stupid? Well, I wouldn't say it's exactly stupid but I think that it's too addicting and everyone's all over it... :/

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Is it just me or is Pokemon GO kind of stupid? Well, I wouldn't say it's exactly stupid but I think that it's too addicting and everyone's all over it... :/

Everyone is playing because either A: They're longtime Pokemon fans who have only ever dreamed of catching Pokemon in the real world- this is seriously hella exciting and silly and amazing for them.  Or B: They're non-Pokemon fans who heard of a new game that either sounded fun or it's just what everyone is suddenly doing and if they want to see their friends, they might as well play too.

Shunning something because of its popularity- whether too much or not enough- is very silly.  One should engage because of whether one truly likes whatever it is, after giving it a try.  Go is simple but it gets people out of the house, socializing, tons of exercise and potential new friends/new locations discovered.. and if you love Pokemon, it's a dream come true.  (For getting people into Pokemon, am not sure if it's very good, because it's so different and shallow on that end.)  Plus updates will be done supposedly very frequently to continuously better the game whoo.  

edit: RIGHT so if you fall into or near the perfectly possible category B, not a Pokemon fan, and perhaps you also don't need/want the exercise, then yeah Go would be lame.  All good.

Edited by CrystalRarity
  • Brohoof 2

Been playing it for a bit now. It's pretty fun when it's working. My best Pokemon right now is a lol 1203 Arcanine. Took over a gym with it and he's been there for three days now.

Still buggy as hell at times, but from what I've heard so was Niantics other game at first. Given time it will be fixed.

Also, I love the lulz that have sprung from this game. My favorite part so far is the Westboro Baptist Church gym. Topeka has become an even larger salt factory than it already was lol. I hate WBC just as much as the next person, but the fact that this is all revolving around Pokemon leaves me a little tickled.

http://usuncut.com/resistance/pokemon-go-trolls-wbc/

http://www.tengaged.com/blog/TheSexiestDude990/7504375/wbc-pokemon-go-gym

Also this game has done more to combat childhood obesity in one week than Michelle Obama has done in eight years.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I never got into Pokemen, but I think the concept is brilliant. Plus it is something postive to put everyones minds to.

I hope other fandoms make more games like this. I'm feeling a MLP version, hint hint, lol

Edited by whitetiger187
  • Brohoof 1

So I'm kinda frustrated because of Pokémon Go, but it's not the game's fault. My girlfriend knows absolutely nothing about Pokémon, and has never played the games or seen the shows in her life, but she lives in the middle of a city. I've been a huge fan of everything Pokémon for literally as long as I can remember. My first memories are pretending to be a Pokémon trainer with my older brother. I literally got the game within hours of it's release, and played it oretty much nonstop ever since. My girlfriend decided to download it and give it a try because some of her friends who also knew nothing about Pokémon were trying it. She just got it today, and she is surrounded by all of my favorite Pokémon, and lives in range of multiple Pokéstops. At this rate she will out level me in no time, but she couldn't even identify Pikachu.

• Brohoof 1

So I'm kinda frustrated because of Pokémon Go, but it's not the game's fault. My girlfriend knows absolutely nothing about Pokémon, and has never played the games or seen the shows in her life, but she lives in the middle of a city. I've been a huge fan of everything Pokémon for literally as long as I can remember. My first memories are pretending to be a Pokémon trainer with my older brother. I literally got the game within hours of it's release, and played it oretty much nonstop ever since. My girlfriend decided to download it and give it a try because some of her friends who also knew nothing about Pokémon were trying it. She just got it today, and she is surrounded by all of my favorite Pokémon, and lives in range of multiple Pokéstops. At this rate she will out level me in no time, but she couldn't even identify Pikachu.

Ahh that sounds frustrating indeed.  If you just wanna vent: Justified.  But also perhaps now your girlfriend might be interested in playing one of the original games.. maybe.  Or not.  In which case: Tch, casuals. /shakes head

(but wait, she really couldn't ID Pikachu?)

• Brohoof 1

It was fun to try Pokemon Go with my friend yesterday.  :icwudt:  We were at the local mall in hopes of pokemon and they did find a random Spearow that just plopped in front of us. Later they even found a Drowzee on my bed - no wonder I wasn't able to sleep too well! 

I hate being negative, but this story cold also be kind of funny, so I'll tell it. As I've said before, I live in the middle of nowhere, so it isn't common for me to go into towns. Today after church, me and my brother decided to walk into the nearest town to hatch some eggs and visiting gyms and Pokéstops. I was wearing my Pokémon trainer outfit, which includes a sleeveless sweatshirt, and undershirt, a hat, and skinny jeans. Let's just say, walking 12 kilometers in a sweatshirt and skinny jeans isn't the best choice. We had planned it out so that by the time we got back, one of my 10 kilometer eggs would hatch. We got into town, and before we could do anything the servers went down, so I couldn't get anything, and the 6 kilometer walk back home didn't count to hatch the 10 kilometer egg. I'm not sure which goes down faster since Pokémon Go's release, my BMI or the servers.

Not a fan of pokemon but I'd like to say something here to all who have the game and enjoy it. BE CAREFUL, BE WISE, AND BE SENSIBLE. Look up often and make sure you're not in people's way (do not be blindly walking). If necessary, hunt for the creatures in an open area well away from fences, buildings, people, and cars. Play moderately and remember your other life priorities. Regulate yourself and don't become addictive.

I don't hate Pokemon Go, but I'm upset at the people who become so obsessed with it that they lose consciousness of the world around them. (I'm sure you've read about these ppl on the news in the past week or two). As a fellow brony, I advise you all not to become one of those people. Game on and stay safe.

• Brohoof 1