Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would the ponies be comfortable around the show's target demographic?

KillerKingBakudan

(edited)

Let's say you had a 5-year-old daughter attending an all-girl school. Her class is planning a special activity where all the girls get to invite guests to introduce to everybody, talk about what makes them special and so forth. They can be anybody.

But none of your friends or relatives are available, so you ask several ponies from Equestria to come to your daughter's class. Knowing how girls tend to be around animals, how do you think they'd react? Would they welcome everybody at this school coming up to them to pet them, or would they be freaked out and try to get the hell out of there?

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

5 year olds are fearless around things like talking ponies -- the thing you would have to be careful of are those who have seen the show -- but even then, they aren't of the right age to cause too very much harm.

• Brohoof 1

Probably at least more comfortable than when being around the adults trying to do the same.

No judgement there, if I had one of the Mane six in front of me, I'd have a tough time resisting the urge to pet, or cuddle, or hug, or...generally any of that.

Being serious though, I imagine they might be a bit uncomfortable at first, but might get used to it with some time. Except maybe Pinkie who probably wouldn't mind at all and maybe Flutters who might not be able to take all that attention at once.

Twilight would be like, "Fascinating!", Rainbow would enjoy the attention, Fluttershy would probably be a little anxious, Pinkie would be Pinkie, AppleJack would probably be either confused or embarrassed, and Rarity would probably worry about her hair.