Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies as a Comfort Zone

DarkSun493

A river on a still summer day, dappled sun sparkling on shallow rapids that run through the purlieus of an oak forest. 

I found my comfort-zone when I was 15 - the ponies could live there. Rarity and Flutters might be on a picnic blanket on the grassy bank, Dashie and AJ could be splooshing up the rapids. Twilight may well be telling Pinkie not to dive into a pool because the picnic is in the splash-zone :P 

On the other hoof, maybe it's just me and Pinks, ankle deep in the water and moving up-streaam together, being quietly joyful :3

FIM always cheered me up at least a little, even on the worst days. :rarity: The combination of humor, emotion and action is something it did particularly well. And it helped that most of the characters were very likable, and the show crew also had the skill of making some previously unlikable characters more sympathetic.

But I haven't really imagined myself in Equestria or things like that, as much as I'd love that to happen.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, I have found comfort in just thinking about the show and various headcannons. My mind wonders a lot, so I do notice myself thinking about ponies every so often.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 2

Yeah, thinking about my favorite ponies (including some of my OCs) always helps to cheer me up and comfort me. I've always loved how even though FiM is a cartoon show, its world and characters were given so much depth and liveliness that it almost did feel like a real place you could visit. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

the main reason i've been interested in fim for all of these years is because of how comforting it is to watch and think about. the show and its characters are both just super cute and appealing tbh

33 minutes ago, Moonlight said:

the main reason i've been interested in fim for all of these years is because of how comforting it is to watch and think about. the show and its characters are both just super cute and appealing tbh

Same for me; word-for-word. 

6 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

Ponies are a reminder that the power of friendship, family, love and wholesomeness is real. They're soft, sweet, floofy and kind -- but mess with them -- AND THEY CAN BLAST YOU INTO OBLIVION -- with a pastel smile and lots of floofy hugs.
And yes, this brings me comfort. :LunaMCM:
"Nemo me impune laccesit." 

Hide contents

mlp-pony.gif

That's the wise words Silky:squee:  Ponies are adorable with the power to defend us:mustache:  

• 3 months later...

Whenever I'm in a stressful situation I let myself think about the show and have silly imaginations about it. The first silly thing that pops in my head to make me laugh internally. I don't insert myself into it though.

All while listening to music or a YT vid as a form of white noise :coco: