Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponies as a Comfort Zone

DarkSun493

If you're here, we can safely assume that you like My Little Pony, yes? But to what extent? Some watch it just for the show, but many go further, exploring what fan-created material they can find in the vastness of the Internet. But I'm not concerned with that. For anybody with any sort of passion, that person thinks about that passion I'd say at least once a day.

So, when your mind wanders off, do you think about ponies? Do think about the show, or perhaps a self-insert situation where you imagine yourself in the pony world? How about when you're sad? Does Pinkie Pie come to mind? How about when (or think about) wearing pony merch in public? Do you think of what one of the Mane 6 would do? Actually doing or not doing these things is not a bad thing, but it does certainly say something about you. I know that I imagine myself in Equestria sometimes, just to escape for a little bit. Perhaps it's more of a guilty pleasure than anything else. 

• Brohoof 2

Equestria is one of my favorite targets for my escapism, but to be honest almost everything fictional is. I'm just naturally prone to daydreams of lives better or more interesting than the one I currently live. I don't turn to MLP when I'm sad or anxious, the merch only amuses me, it doesn't comfort me. I don't look to the Mane Six for actual guidance in my life, I learned the lessons they teach way before I actually started watching the show. So in a sense, I really only use the show in the most abstract of senses, a fantasy world I can dream of sometimes. But concretely, it provides me with no additional comfort.

• Brohoof 1

When I'm in a extremely stressful situation or such, of course I'll think about ponies. I've even had stressful nights going to sleep and thinking of Twilight Sparkle coming and laying down next to me, telling me everything is going to be alright. When people say "find your happy place", if course I go to Equestria. ^^

Almost all I can think of these days are ponies. But that's ok, because usually, they take my mind off of what a mess this world has become. Also, I'm thinking of making a Celestia egregore, then use chaos magick so she gains godhood faster :D

Yes, I need mental help :D

• Brohoof 1

In find myself turning to escapism a lot, being MLP or something else because i don't exactly have tons of friends or a perfect life. 

Oddly, another one of my comfort zones is Country Music. 

Ponies are definitely a comfort zone for me. If I have nothing else to do or I am in a stressful situation, I love to just let my mind wander wherever it wishes, and equestria is probably the place it goes the most. It's comforting and familiar at this point.  Retreating temporarily into your imagination is a good way to deal with problems I find, as long as you remember reality as well.

Im sort of an addict to the show in a sense. It amuses me and makes me feel better about myself and my situation no matter what it is. On stressful nights I usually listen to Pinkie's "Smile" song, or "Giggle at the ghostly" because they generally make people feel better including me. So basically, music is my escape into a peaceful place, but not always. I have these weird dreams of Luna talking to me, soothing me at night when I want to get away from everything and just fall into her arms, or excuse me "hooves". But her talks seem to work and I wake up into another day. I feel the show gives me a great "happy place" when im sad or angry, and really keeps me a positive person which really shows in my personality. (at least thats what everybody tells me) Overall, MLP is my favorite "escape" and I feel it will be for a long time. :catface:

Im sort of an addict to the show in a sense. It amuses me and makes me feel better about myself and my situation no matter what it is. On stressful nights I usually listen to Pinkie's "Smile" song, or "Giggle at the ghostly" because they generally make people feel better including me. So basically, music is my escape into a peaceful place, but not always. I have these weird dreams of Luna talking to me, soothing me at night when I want to get away from everything and just fall into her arms, or excuse me "hooves". But her talks seem to work and I wake up into another day. I feel the show gives me a great "happy place" when im sad or angry, and really keeps me a positive person which really shows in my personality. (at least thats what everybody tells me) Overall, MLP is my favorite "escape" and I feel it will be for a long time. :catface:

Hmm, maybe that Luna is the real deal. Or a spirit who read your subconscious and uses the form of Luna to console you. There are benevolent spirits out there which like to help mortals. I've only had one pony dream that made sense, and that was when RD gave me a pep talk. I did have like 4-5 other dreams, but they were pretty much gibberish.

Hmm, maybe that Luna is the real deal. Or a spirit who read your subconscious and uses the form of Luna to console you. There are benevolent spirits out there which like to help mortals. I've only had one pony dream that made sense, and that was when RD gave me a pep talk. I did have like 4-5 other dreams, but they were pretty much gibberish.

Well these dreams happen like once every two weeks or so and sometimes end up as gibberish after I try to remember them (if that makes any sense) :comeatus:

All the time, especially when I go to bed I try to think of ponies or Equestria before I go to sleep in hopes that I will have awesome pony related dreams! Unfortunately, more often than not I hardly ever have pony related dreams. Also, sometimes on a nice warm sunny day I look up at the sky and imagine Rainbow Dashie soaring through the air without a care in the world and it actually brings a tear to my eye. :blush:  

• Brohoof 2

There is no single day that passes by that I don't insert ponies in my life. I should say, with my past, this is the perfect escapism I got. I do tend to think about them all the time. When I'm sad, I think about them, or one of the songs in the show, and that cheers me up. A lot of non-bronies look up to me because even at times of trial and hardship, they see me smile and worry-free. And sometimes when I dream, I was in Equestria. Either in pony form, or Anthro. And sometimes I live my Role-plays as my Ponysona.

I daydream about Rarity a lot...I'd love to meet her :D She's certainly a wonderful pony, and I wonder what we'd do together...maybe we'd just talk, you know? I'd lead the conversation by letting her talk about herself, because I know how much she loves that ;) 

Eh. Yeahh, before I go into further detail, it's safe to say that I use ponies as a way of escaping real life :D

The world is a cruel, cold place, and life is very unfair. There's not a damn thing that can be done about it, either; just have to play with the hand you were dealt. Ponies are a nice way to get away from it all.

• Brohoof 1

Ponies are most definitely a way to escape for me. I know when I get stressed out, I either watch one of my favorite episodes, or turn on Everfree Radio and it helps me calm down and relax. When I'm sad, I usually cuddle with my Pinkie plushie and it surprisingly helps a lot. When I'm in a class that I don't want to deal with, I'm usually practicing drawing ponies, and when I just don't want to do anything with my life, I'm either watching an episode, or looking at fan made videos on youtube. Ponies are absolutely a comfort zone for me as well as a way to cheer me up 

Edited by Sabrinie
  • Brohoof 1

With me I guess it is somewhat. The show definitely brings my mood up. I really don't think about the show during the day doing normal things like work, school, or even driving.

Just everything about the whole show and it's unexpected popularity is amusing to me. I also like the irony of how much extra effort is put into this "little" show compared to a lot of other much more popular GARBAGE TV shows.

It's just nice to see something "fun" like MLP. The show itself has a good vibe and everyone working on it seems to be having a lot of fun and are great at what they do.

I also find it funny that it's My Little Pony specifically that is one of the better written (as in not just pointless stupidity) cartoons currently. I used to absolutely dread the old one when my sister watched it sometimes when I was a kid.

• 6 years later...
On 4/14/2014 at 4:31 AM, DarkSun493 said:

For anybody with any sort of passion, that person thinks about that passion I'd say at least once a day.

Absolutely true. I have many passions, and I spend countless hours thinking about them. When. It comes to ponies however, I cannot really get into the show, or the individual characters. I can get into the design however

I usually would think about ponies running on the sidewalk as I’m sitting in the car. I also think about Fluttershy when I need comfort since she’s so nice. That’s pretty rare, usually at this point I just think about all my OCs.

• 2 years later...

Oh, absolutely! Pastel, magical, huggable, friendship and wholesome?! How the heck could you NOT take comfort from that? And if you don't -- more for me, I suppose. :ooh:

Uh I have a tenadacy to rp in my mind with my oc in some of the scenes where my oc tend to be helpful to the mane 6 like if Twilight wanted to use the princesses magic for the party Silverspark would be saying to her if they say no it means no and she would remind her that you really need that kind of magic all she need is to put more trust in her friends instead of relying on other ponies magic

• 2 weeks later...

Right now, I’m world building my own headcanons, and researching mythological horses, because I like myths and the divine :fluttershy:. Well, my three top gods are done, and one of them is secretly a canon character :oh_golly:

• 3 weeks later...

The ponies were never a form of comfort to me. While I do love my custom Rainbow Dash plush, custom Fleet Foot plush, and my custom OC plush, I don’t hug them or look to them for comfort nor do I think of the MLP cast. If I am feeling upset, I think about my anime husbands or hug one of their dakimakuras. I also look for more…realistic forms of comfort like venting to a friend or eating one of my favorite meals.

Ponies are a reminder that the power of friendship, family, love and wholesomeness is real. They're soft, sweet, floofy and kind -- but mess with them -- AND THEY CAN BLAST YOU INTO OBLIVION -- with a pastel smile and lots of floofy hugs.
And yes, this brings me comfort. :LunaMCM:
"Nemo me impune laccesit." 

Spoiler

mlp-pony.gif

• Brohoof 1