Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Official fighting/brawling game thread!

Discordian

True enough but I doubt it's that hard to allow for controller drivers these days as many people use PS3 and 360 controllers on their PC games.

(edited)

Oh, man you just brought back memories of the first fighting game I played...damn Dynasty Warriors controlled like a tank now that I think back.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2SARDWdZIM

It's fine though it wasn't really my favorite fighting game either way. No, that title goes to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and in hindsight probably shouldn't of traded it in at Gamestop.

But hey I've probably played more fighting games than I can remember so that's not to much of a deal.

Edited by SrFrog

• 10 months later...

Fighting is at the top of my "favorite genre" list. I started playing them from a young age, playing Mortal Kombat, Darkstalkers and Street Fighter (I can't remember their specific titles though). The more recent ones that I've played are:

the Super Smash Bros. series (who hasn't img-1292414-1-tongue.png )

Bloody Roar: Primal Fury

Soul Calibur II, IV and V

Blazblue (CT,CS and CSEX)

Arcana Heart 3

Persona 4 Arena

As for preferences, I tend to like the "air dashers" more. I'm not to concerned with roster sizes since I mostly stick to just one character but if there's not a character that appeals to me, that's a problem. 

I'm not super competitive but I do like to get into the more advanced parts of games. So I go and learn those long combos and look up frame data and seek advice for match-up etc. I do all that stuff but don't go to any tournaments because often I just don't have the time to. Locals are something I try to do every once in a while though.

Edited by Cota