Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, do you think EQG is on its way out?

Unlikeable Pony

Sometime it's better to leave when you're on the top than last for years and years and become a bad anf terrible show. That's (not really) always the case because producer want MONEY !  :umad:

I know of this opinion but if a show is on the air for 10 or 20 years thats because its making money, which means its doing good, even if its not amazing like season 1 or 2 its livable, and they may never repeat their success they had with seasons 1 and 2, so why chance it with a new series when they can live off of it til it dies?

And how much shows that are still alive are terrible now? (reboots don't count)

I know of this opinion but if a show is on the air for 10 or 20 years thats because its making money, which means its doing good, even if its not amazing like season 1 or 2 its livable, and they may never repeat their success they had with seasons 1 and 2, so why chance it with a new series when they can live off of it til it dies?

And how much shows that are still alive are terrible now? (reboots don't count)

I think this apply to shows that are really big, like GoT,  the walking dead or this kind of stuff that are followed by millions of people. After all, mlp is mostly watched by brony and nobody really know our existance, not were I live in any case ! So if the show begins to be shitty, the views are going to collapse because the fanbase is really important in MLP.

Anyway  that what I think... :P

The MLP movie will come out in Oct 2017, which is around the same time the EG movies normally come out each year. It wouldn't make sense for Hasbro to release two related movies at the same time and I think they definitely want all the focus on the MLP movie.

It seems like the EG toys are popular since the minis are very hard to find in stores so either they are super popular or Hasbro has a big manufacturing problem. I don't think stores are simply not ordering enough because even the Hasbro webstore has trouble keeping them in stock.

Frankly, if it wasn't for the EG movies, I wouldn't have been interested in the regular series. Starting out with a few movies is much less daunting than trying to catch up with 6+ seasons of the regular series. Who else got into FIM due to EG?

After all, mlp is mostly watched by brony and nobody really know our existance, not were I live in any case ! So if the show begins to be shitty, the views are going to collapse because the fanbase is really important in MLP.

Don't confused fans with audience. The intended audience of the show is still kids, despite their lack of presence on tumblr and at conventions. :) And they are snatching up all the toys and related merchandise like costumes, clothing, books, etc.

Don't confused fans with audience. The intended audience of the show is still kids, despite their lack of presence on tumblr and at conventions. And they are snatching up all the toys and related merchandise like costumes, clothing, books, etc.

Honestly I don't know, I mean sure kids are a big part of the audience, but the bronies are just so numerous, I don't know if it's 40% - 60% or 50-50 but just imagine tomorrow for some reason, brony just stop watching the show, how painful it will be for hasbro ?

Depends on how you look at it. As far as toy sales go, things started tanking with FG, but then the Minis gave it another surge of life, not to mention they just announced the Dazzlings Minis, which I'm sure is gonna sell like hotcakes. Also, changing it from one movie to 3 specials could also mean the possibility of testing the waters for a TV series, which a lot of people seem to want

I wouldn't mind a series myself, so long as they made sure to differentiate it from FIM in what its tone/purpose is: if they make it too focused on Slice of life they'll run the risk of making it too similar to FIM, IMO.

Agreed about the dazzlings; they really need to bring those characters back IMO, they were probably some of the best liked villains in the entire series

EQG has already past its prime, but MLP:FiM has so much future potential. Season 4 marked a turning point in the show for the bette

I wouldn't say that: while I find S4 to be near the high point of the series, I think that S5 and S6 have felt like the show has been spinning its wheels and a drop off compared to previous seasons.

I don't think so since Equestria Girls has a big fan base just like Friendship is Magic and there has been increases in the merchandise.

that's the thing, the merchandise has gone DOWN; While the minis have helped to pick things back up again, compare how numerous the merchandise being made for the third movie was and what was created for the 4th movie: its like night and day.

Remember, Season 3 seemed like the show was going downhill for many; look how that turned out! The very next season, Season 4, turned out to be the best (and fandom's favorite).

While I rank S4 as the highest myself, most of the polls I've seen still place S2 as the highest rated season of the show.

• Brohoof 2

While I rank S4 as the highest myself, most of the polls I've seen still place S2 as the highest rated season of the show.

I wouldn't say that: while I find S4 to be near the high point of the series, I think that S5 and S6 have felt like the show has been spinning its wheels and a drop off compared to previous seasons.

Not according to most of the fandom. I've both conducted several widespread polls and seen other polls, and nearly all results put Season 4 at 1st, Season 5 at 2nd, and Season 2 at 3rd. Many even argue that Season 5 was the best.

But in my opinion, Seasons 4-6 marked the point in the show when storylines in MLP became darker, more complex, and more engaging. Seasons 1-2 were more "childish," for a lack of a better word. It also marked a turning point in the show's animation quality and its music quality (i.e. "You'll Play Your Part" and "The Magic Inside (I Am Just a Pony)". Even as a veteran brony myself (I joined in S1, E3), the nostalgic value of Seasons 1-2 are nothing, objectively, compared to Seasons 4, 5, and 6. 

Most polls grade it like this: 4 > 5 > 2  >  6 > 3 > 1.

Green= "Best" Seasons

Red= "Worst" Seasons

If you take this into account, you get a frequency of

1   2   3   4   5   6

R  G  R   G  G   R

So assuming that Season 7 will be better, you can add another "G" at the end of that.

Edited by ElementalFluttershee

Hmmmmmm very good question.

Let me think for a momeeeeeeeeeent...

Why you say "yes" for EG on it's way out Cranky? It's because you've only appeared in a short :dash:?

The MLP movie will come out in Oct 2017, which is around the same time the EG movies normally come out each year. It wouldn't make sense for Hasbro to release two related movies at the same time and I think they definitely want all the focus on the MLP movie.

Yeah, it'll be ridiculous two of their own movies will be competing when they'll have their hands full with outside competition  :dash:

I doubt this franchise is on its way out. The toys still sell very good and they're still cranking these movies out; they're only changing the medium from direct-to-video features to TV specials, which are cheaper to produce and air since they require less of a supply chain and a shorter production.

I do hope that they devote their money and energy spent on EQG towards a side-series for MLP. A series on Daring Do or the royal sisters' past would be interesting–set at the time when the "castle ruins" in the Everfree Forest were alive and well. I'm getting kind of a "Game of Thrones/Lord of the Rings" vibe here. :P

The high school setting for EQG is just plain boring. Plus, humanized ponies... bleh. Not even cute... We need mooaaar ponies! xD

Edited by ElementalFluttershee

• 3 years later...
On 10/31/2016 at 8:41 AM, Unlikeable Pony said:

and they're moving from Movie form to 3 Episode "specials".

While those were good, not the best.... The specials after where absolutely amazing and kept Equestria Girls going for quite a while, alongside Friendship is Magic.