Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The last few minutes of the final episode breaks the 4th wall to speak to you

Singe

I just thought about the idea that FIM could take a cue from PBS shows where they talk to their viewers as friends.

Have the Mane 6 break the 4th wall and addresses their viewer as a long time friend that has been there with them. Each of the Mane 6 talks about something great about you sticking with them through the different times. They acknowledge the times of the good and bad of the adventures.

It ends where Twilight Sparkle claims the viewer is her "bestest friend " and nuzzles the screen.

Then during a slow credits on audio, the Mane 5 tease Twilight about that scene and special some pony banter.

Edited by Singe
  • Brohoof 3

As adorable as Twilight nuzzling the screen and calling "Me" her bestest friend is, and as much as it fills my heart with warmth...I think it'd feel a bit out of place, just having all of them suddenly break the 4th wall, and being Twilight's "Bestest" friend when she's got so many great friends that already exist in her world, I don't think she'd have a bestest one.

Still, it's a cute mental image. ^_^

A cute image, but I don't see it ever happening. And as much as many would find it cute and like, i imagine a whole host of other would flood forums everywhere demanding heads roll or some such. I think having Twilight addressing the audience and doing a simple recap of their journey, from what they have learned to where they are now... and ending with some statement that "it is a journey without end" or some such would be pretty sweet though.

And then they all come out of the monitor and we live happily ever after singing songs in a house in the woods!  :squee:

That was an extremely sweet image!  :please:   my heart is melting. Seriously though,  as sweet as that sounds it'd be pretty odd to end the episode like that  :awuh: I'd prefer something a little bit more subtle, or if they're not going to be subtle something less cheesy  :-P and less direct, kind of like the Phineas & Ferb finale, singing an upbeat song recapitulating everything they did with the occasional 4th wall break.

Still, if they do something like that I won't mind, it'd still be a great way to end the show.

• Brohoof 1

The only one of the Mane Six that I can see breaking the fourth wall like that and talk to the audience would be Pinkie. It's well within her nature to do something like that given her eccentric personality, yet the others wouldn't be as engaging as you don't expect them to suddenly go off script. It's an interesting thought and would actually make for a good blooper reel similar to what they did in both Friendship Games and Legend of Everfree.

You know...This would be a pretty awesome idea. I mean, it is thanks to us, the brony fandom, that this show is approaching its 7th season and a full length film of all things. By then, this show will be 7 years old. 7 years is a decent amount of time for a show like this. The fandom became huge in 2011 I think, so 6 years of us being with this show. We are the ones that pretty much saved it and pretty much the ones who have cherished it the most, so I would not mind osme 4th wall breaking, to basically to give us a proper closing with the characters we have come to love.

• Brohoof 1

Err... This kinda happened already though. Season 5 finale. "Friends are always there for you" song ends with the sentence "friends can change the world you see" and then everypony look at YOU. They're your friends and have changed the world you see, but you're also their friends and changed the world they see (read the fandom has made this show greater than it ever hoped to be).

So there you go, my brony friends. :grin:

Err... This kinda happened already though. Season 5 finale. "Friends are always there for you" song ends with the sentence "friends can change the world you see" and then everypony look at YOU. They're your friends and have changed the world you see, but you're also their friends and changed the world they see (read the fandom has made this show greater than it ever hoped to be).

So there you go, my brony friends. :grin:

Yeah, but that had Starlight in it, and no one likes her, so she ruined it for everyone since we all know she has no empathy and does not like anybody either.

Kidding.

But I don't think a song montage counts as truly addressing the audience, other wise just about every song has the singer eyeballing us and almost begging us to join in.

WHICH I TOTALLY DON'T!!!!

maybe

• Brohoof 1

I'm sorry, but... no. It would just feel so out of place to me. I value this show for its own universe, and do not wish to have that broken abruptly by them acknowledging my existence and shoehorning me into a role such as "best friend." That kind of content was exactly what FiM intended to break away from as far as the previous iterations of MLP.
In fact, even some of their fourth wall breaks as it is were too much for me

But not just the Mane 6.  Many of the other supporting characters should also join in as well(Ex: Starlight Glimmer, Sunset Shimmer, Discord, CElestia, Luna, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Shining Armor, Princess Cadance, Zecora.  Maybe a few of the villains like Chrysalis, Sombra and Tirek joining in to talk about their experience on the show) to talk to the viewer.  Maybe make it as a one-hour grand finale.  And maybe bring someone in, ponified, to talk to each of the characters(Ex: Bill Maher, Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, James Earl Jones, or maybe Optimus Prime guests stars as the host of the grand finale(With Peter Cullen as the famous Autobot leader)).

Nah. The reason PBS does this, as well as other *toddler* shows is because the target audience thinks they're being spoken to. MLP is for an older audience. It's a kid show, but not a toddler show. Even devoted fans would feel put off by this odd departure.

"Thank you for your seven years of support! But do you really think it's fun to be trapped in reruns, forced to constantly relive your darkest days? I don't think so. So please don't take away our positive futures by rewatching the show! Instead, continue buying our toys and make your own great video games starring us."

Edited by The MegaBrony
  • Brohoof 1

They kinda did that in a slightly subtle way in S5 finale, but I would LOVE either Twi or anypony whatsoever  to acknowledge our presence and giving us sweet farewell words. I think I'd cry  :adorkable: