Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could Sunset Shimmer have taken over Equestria?

cider float

So she possesses a bunch of teenagers. She was a powerful monster herself and she could turn them into monsters as well as she did with Snips and Snails. I wonder how it would of went down though. Could Equestria have been the victor or would Sunset Shimmer had a pretty good chance on taking over Canterlot?

The Elements of Harmony won't work unless all 6 users are present, those aren't an option if Twilight was still is still away from Equestria. The alicorn princesses and their "body-guards" all suck at their jobs, so Sunset taking over Equestria, or at least Canterlot, isn't that far-fetched.

Probably not. To be honest I doubt even she thought so, as the way that all went down had a definite feel of 'Plan Z'. I don't think she expected the crown to behave that way, and once it did she started just making stuff up as she went on in a kind of magic-addled "I gotta do *something*?" way.

When Sunset was changing into a demon, I don't think she was expecting that to be the result and was probably wanting something more that best reflected what lurked within her heart. Funny how things turn out sometimes. Anyway, she would have had a lot of resistance in the form of Celestia, Luna, Cadance, and the rest of the Mane Six, who are all more than capable of handling threats given what they've been through up to that point. I'd say Sunset would have failed not only because of the resistance, but also what Fhaolan said regarding Sunset's thought process.

Maybe Sunny, Snips and Snails had enough power to take on the Royal Guard and the princesses while the students could serve a small-time cannon-folder (unless she expected the short-coming and entranced more people around :huh:), but I think that teen army was too small to even cause a riot in Equestria :huh:

I don't think she thought her plan out very through. So that's kind of an issue. But than again, Celestia and the guards suck at defending others. So I guess it could go either way.

One set of idiots vs another set of idiots. Everybody loses.