Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Has anyone came face to face with the paranormal in person?

Mast. Equestos/Gigas

Not myself. A friend of mine says he has, though. He lives in his basement, which gets dark when it's night. A few years ago, a bit after midnight, he was at the base of his stairs. In a nearby room, he says he saw the face of an old looking ghost sticking out of the darkness. After he saw the face, he ran back to his room and didn't get any sleep for the rest of the night. I've been to where he's had this encounter. The room he saw the face in is very dark at night, so there isn't anything that would look like a face if you looked at it quickly.

I have yet to see anything that could be considered "paranormal" or "supernatural."

However, there was a time when I thought I was haunted or being stalked by demons. When I was a kid, I had sleep paralysis regularly. I never mentioned it to my parents until I was in college, because I believed I was seeing actual demons. Then I brought it up to a psychology professor, he told me to look up the topic of sleep paralysis. It explained everything to a "T"...

I believe that there is a logical explanation for most things.

10 minutes ago, Halberd said:

I have yet to see anything that could be considered "paranormal" or "supernatural."

However, there was a time when I thought I was haunted or being stalked by demons. When I was a kid, I had sleep paralysis regularly. I never mentioned it to my parents until I was in college, because I believed I was seeing actual demons. Then I brought it up to a psychology professor, he told me to look up the topic of sleep paralysis. It explained everything to a "T"...

I believe that there is a logical explanation for most things.

someone paid to have an explanation isnt here to scare you, the placebo of solace helps many, when really if they come somewhere with faint hearts, they arent in for the full ride... places with significant paranormal experience arent off the map, people just dont visit them regularly, and many people cant take the psychological pressures lol... i have seen some people literally cry in fear over these topics, organic fear is momentary, someone can do damage to you objectively, this shouldnt scare you, you already know the probability of this, when there are things people dont understand, they look for explanations to dismiss those without, because they are scared of seeing past a surface definition

I have not seen anything, but I have heard stuff before. Not people, but animals usually. I have two dogs, and neither one was even on the same floor as I was. I was in bed, and I heard a dog panting. I sat up to pet what I thought was my dog, but there was nothing there.

a few days later, my family and I were about to go on a camping trip, and the same thing happened; this time I was in our RV. again, no dogs near by.

I see a lot of skeptics here, and I will agree without scientific proof of their existence, one can only know they are there with personal experience.

Nope, never. Not even once. Not even while spending 4-5 hours in Waverly Hills Sanatorium, supposedly one of the most haunted places on the planet. Staying there made it quite easy for me to realize that ghosts are simply a fabrication of stories and nowadays, a media exploitation as well.

Yes, at least it felt that way.

Once when I was 7 or 8, I woke up late at night and went to the bathroom. When I came back to the room (which was dark) I'm pretty sure my mom said "look" (I'm not sure why), so I turn to my right...

And I see a toddler-sized silhouette figure with green eyes and his mouth glowed the same color as he laughed creepily and snar lily, I of course ran to where my dad was sleeping (they don't always sleep together) and stayed there the rest of the night, my mom telling me to return, but I refused. I eventually started hearing gargling sounds and laughing from the other bathroom, kind of terrified by it...

I woke up the next morning and that never happened again. This was somewhere I don't live at anymore. I'm always paranoid even today that something like that will show up again at night.

I have, i one time was sitting down and drawing, barely moving, then suddenly everything went quiet and a candle (a BIG candle) fell off of the top of a dresser, but it was all the way at the back of the dresser, no possible way for it to fall down. I also smelled a weird perfume like smell.

• 2 weeks later...

Not in person, though this was a year ago, the office that I used to work, some of my office mates say that they saw someone sitting down just staring or something. But I haven't seen it though. But them telling ghost stories does scare the s*** out of me. Guess they have this third eye in which they can see the paranormal or something. :wau:

My aunt and uncle were at this burial ground for fallen union soldiers from the civil war, and as a show of respect many people were dressed as union soldiers and taking pictures among the graves, as if to say that even in death what they fought for lives on. One man was wandering around the cemetery who was dressed identically to the union soldiers, as if he had stepped out of a photograph. He was barefoot with everything down to the rifle correct, but he had no camera. He would say nothing to anyone, but would pose for photographs with anyone that asked, because he looked like he just stepped out of history for the day.

My aunt and uncle took a photo with the man in between them, and they thanked him before leaving. He still said nothing, and that should have been the end of the story.

When they got the pictures that day developed, however, the one they took with that man had the two of them in it, sure, but that guy was not there in the frame. They never found out who he was or if anyone else who took pictures with him had a similar story.

Once in 2005, during my many visits to the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, I could have sworn I saw the ghost of a little boy crying in the dark corner of the exit doorway! Right next to the turnstile! Near the sunlight shining in from outside! 

It's said the boy's mother spread her late son's ashes in his favorite attraction, in spite of Disney's denial. I just hope his spirit has moved on since I saw him:blink: