Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Favorite Political Commentators?

CosmicHooves

I'm a sucker for political humor, so I'm always finding myself leaning towards guys like Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, etc,

Edited by Whompy Whomperson
  • Brohoof 2

Jon Stewart

I would say him as well, but he has quit now ;( 

Otherwise I don't really have any favorite political commentators. I guess I laugh mostly at Alex Jones and find him the most fun to watch, because what he says is so crazy. He is genuinely just pure fun, rather than informing. 

• Brohoof 1

Secular Talk. I agree with almost everything I've heard him say. though it's on YouTube, so don't look at the comment sections because they're jam-packed with prickish stupidness.

Edited by TwillyFSniper

I like Bill Maher. I don't agree with everything he says (some of his opinions on the medical field are a little out there), but I like that he's every bit as willing to go after liberals as he is with conservatives when they do something he considers misguided.

I enjoy Keith Olbermann at times as well, though I prefer his sports commentary to his political commentary. Trevor Noah has his moments as well, though I don't watch him on a regular basis.

Does South Park count?

I don't watch a lot of political commentaters. From what I can tell, a lot of them seem extremely biased to either one side or the other. It's really hard to find someone talk about a controversial subject without having at least a little bias.

Progressive: Secular Talk

Classic Liberal: Sargon of Akkad

Anarcho-Capitalist: ThatGuyT

Conservative: Milo Yannopoulos

Libertarian: Unfortunately, there are really no good libertarian speakers, even though I lean towards libertarianism.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

For someone that's burned out on politics, I do enjoy listening to Jonathan Haidt. Though, I'm not sure if he would be considered a political commentator.

I do occasionally listen to Styxhexenhammer666, Sargon of Akkad, and a couple others.

People who develop followings for commenting on things can be dangerous, since people are often afraid to think for themselves they need someone on tv or the internet to do it for them. I respect some of them, but I think people should be careful when listening