mega thread Anime Discussion Thread

Goodra

Speaking of Neon Genesis Evangelion, has anyone read the spin-off title "Angelic Days"? I personally prefer that over what NGE is originally, though that may be because of my preference to romantic comedies a lot of the time. :P

Watched: Dragonball, Z and GT, Elfen Lied, Pokemon (Seasons 1 - 5), Yu-Gi-Oh (original)

Read: Deathnote, Elfen Lied

And probably some more that I can't remember

Edited by Tom

Speaking of Neon Genesis Evangelion, has anyone read the spin-off title "Angelic Days"? I personally prefer that over what NGE is originally, though that may be because of my preference to romantic comedies a lot of the time. :P

I have about half the Angelic Days manga, and also half of the manga for the original series.

Code geass was amazing

O' rly? I'll have to check it out then.

On an off topic note, I just found the trailer for The Hobbit :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't bought a lot of anime, sadly. At first, I went to F.Y.E. to get it and then that place shut down then Best Buy, which used to have MASSIVE shelves of anime, now has a dinky little space of it and it makes me sad. I was lucky enough to find Darker Than Black, Blassreiter and Outlaw Star there but had to give up one to get the others. Outlaw Star stayed on the shelf...and then I watched the series and almost wished I hadn't left it there.

I love Darker Than Black though and Blassreiter, though I haven't watched the whole thing yet, seems pretty good from the first two episodes.

When I get a job I need to get into the habit of setting aside some money for anime so I don't spend all my money on games, which is my habit since I'm a gamer before I am an otaku.

I enjoy anime just like I enjoy cartoons. I would never single myself out as an anime fan. I actually really dislike the anime/manga fandom. Mainly for issues of false entitlement, but also for the fact that a lot of them are elitist against cartoons.

But this isn't about that. My favorite anime/manga is One Piece. Other favorites are Trigun, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gurren Lagann, and Ouran High School Host Club (really wish it could get a second season to align with the manga).

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for bumping this topic. I didn't know we had a thread dedicated to anime!

I emerged out of the Toonami generation, so to speak, which cultivated my love for Sailor Moon and, to a lesser extent, Dragon Ball Z. I'm also a huge Death Note fan, having gone through both the anime and manga.

Well guys, since this is really the only anime thread I can see that is active, I'm going to post a link to the Soul Eater Abridged Series. You'll laugh at it even if you've never seen the real show. Enjoy!

Edited by super muffin derpy506

FMA, Soul Eater, the When They Cry series, among other series. I was never a huge fan but I watched what I liked. My taste isn't entirely refined and I forget the names of the more obscure shows I've watched.

This is the extent of what I've watched, excluding a couple here and there that I never rewatched or updated on my MAL profile. If I had to pick a five choice favorites out of everything I've seen, These are the ones I'd name:

Last Exile

Detroit Metal City

Durarara!!

Hayate no Gotoku!

Spice and Wolf

Edited by CadenceAndCascade

I haven't watched much anime but what got me into it was Bleach.

Though when I was younger I was given tapes with DBZ and Tenchi Muyo and I recall liking those alot. (should probably go back and rewatch those)

Anyway my top anime would be

Evangelion

Both the Rebuild and original series sit on the same spot, since they both bring different things to the table.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Seriously, if you don't know what this is, you should probably fix that.

Other than this though, the anime that got me into anime was Inuyasha. I'm glad it finally made a proper ending with "The Final Act" series.

As for every OTHER anime I've seen... *breaths in*

I've seen ALL of Naruto (including the filler), most of Naruto Shippuden, Love Hina, over 200 episodes of Gintama, Excel Saga, all of the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime and all of FMA Brotherhood (so far), all of the Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni series including Kai and Rei, Tales of Phantasia/Abyss/Eternia/Symphonia anime (did someone say that they made more Symphonia episodes?), Star Ocean EX, ALL of Dragonball, ALL of Dragonball Z, D.N. Angel, all of the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha series, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, .hack//sign, .hack//roots, .hack//Legend of the Twilight, .hack//Liminality, Elfen Lied (then I read the manga... it's more worth it to read the manga for sure), Rockman EXE, Hand Maid May, Trigun...

Crap, I'm sure there are more I've seen than that, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Seriously, if you don't know what this is, you should probably fix that.

Other than this though, the anime that got me into anime was Inuyasha. I'm glad it finally made a proper ending with "The Final Act" series.

As for every OTHER anime I've seen... *breaths in*

I've seen ALL of Naruto (including the filler), most of Naruto Shippuden, Love Hina, over 200 episodes of Gintama, Excel Saga, all of the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime and all of FMA Brotherhood (so far), all of the Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni series including Kai and Rei, Tales of Phantasia/Abyss/Eternia/Symphonia anime (did someone say that they made more Symphonia episodes?), Star Ocean EX, ALL of Dragonball, ALL of Dragonball Z, D.N. Angel, all of the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha series, Cowboy Bebop, Death Note, .hack//sign, .hack//roots, .hack//Legend of the Twilight, .hack//Liminality, Elfen Lied (then I read the manga... it's more worth it to read the manga for sure), Rockman EXE, Hand Maid May, Trigun...

Crap, I'm sure there are more I've seen than that, but that's what I can remember off the top of my head.

DANG that's a lot of anime.

My gaming takes up to much time for me to watch anime (and succesfully clean up my backlog of unbeaten games)

I'm happy that someponies like Gurren Laggan.

Anyway, the anime's I have seen are DragonBall(Original, Z and GT) Teggan Toppa Gurren Laggan, Pokemon and... Um... That's about it.

I'm thinking about watching Death Note though.