Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread What is your sexuality ?

DashingRainbow36

I'm a girl that's totally straight, never been attracted to girls or anything. But, this topic makes me happy, cause it shows how nice and 'tolerant' the brony fandom is. There's not any hate here yay.png

Bisexual, But I prefer women, Or ponies... No that's just weird!

Well, I assume I am Bisexual, Or is it natural for every guy to think that Josh Groban is hot <3

(edited)

Well you kind of just judged people by saying that you can't understand how a man can want another man. I see how a guy would want another guy, or how a girl would want another girl. And what do you mean by "bisexuality"? Of course people who are attracted to both genders exist.

No I didn't.  Had I judged someone I would have said something negative about people who don't think like me.  All I said was that I couldn't understand it.  Saying you don't understand something doesn't mean that you judge the thing.  This is completely normal because, well, I'm not gay :P

And I don't think bisexuality is as common as people say it is.  I think more people are just confused about what they actually are.  Just my opinions, I don't mean to offend.

Edited by John

(edited)
No I didn't.  Had I judged someone I would have said something negative about people who don't think like me.  All I said was that I couldn't understand it.  This is completely normal because, well, I'm not gay

You didn't have to say "I'm not gay", ya know. It's like you're trying hard to prove you're straight to the point where you're insecure about it. I don't understand why people do that.

And I don't think bisexuality is as common as people say it is.  I think more people are just confused about what they actually are.  Just my opinions, I don't mean to offend.

Bisexual just means you're attracted to two genders, it doesn't mean you have to like them equally. You can bisexual by being attracted to both genders but prefer one gender over the other.

Edited by AtDawnTheySquee
  • Brohoof 2

But this not so much :/ Just because you don't believe in it doesn't make it any less true. No one person can speak for another's sexuality.

I'm not trying to falsify it for anyone else, I just don't think its as prevalent as people say it is.  I often find people saying "Yeah, I've liked many women my whole life, but I think I once liked this one single guy, so I think I'm actually Bisexual."  (and visa versa.)  It's like buying a seedless watermelon, finding one black seed and harping on the fact that it's not seedless.  In my opinion, "bisexual" people should just state that they are the orientation that they are the most affiliated with.

You didn't have to say "I'm not gay", ya know. It's like you're trying hard to prove you're straight to the point where you're insecure about it. I don't understand why people do that.

Never insecure, don't interpret it as this because you don't know what I'm thinking.  That was just my explanation for why I don't understand how a man could like another man.  A gay man would say the same thing about how he wouldn't understand how I would be attracted to women BECAUSE he's gay.

I'm not trying to falsify it for anyone else, I just don't think its as prevalent as people say it is.  I often find people saying "Yeah, I've liked many women my whole life, but I think I once liked this one single guy, so I think I'm actually Bisexual."  (and visa versa.)  It's like buying a seedless watermelon, finding one black seed and harping on the fact that it's not seedless.  In my opinion, "bisexual" people should just state that they are the orientation that they are the most affiliated with.

Wrong. If someone is attracted to a male and 300 females, they are still bisexual and allowed to state themselves as such. I sense a ton of ignorance from your statements.

As for me, I am bisexual. Not that it really matters because I am unworthy of anyone anyways, so my chances of being with anyone are still zero. Yay.

(edited)

Bisexual just means you're attracted to two genders, it doesn't mean you have to like them equally. You can bisexual by being attracted to both genders but prefer one gender over the other.

No shit Sherlock.  I just said that I would prefer it if these people stated that they we're whichever one they most affiliate themselves with so Its more standardized and less confusing.  Otherwise, we have 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% bisexual people all categorized into "bisexual" and it gets confusing for everyone else.

Wrong. If someone is attracted to a male and 300 females, they are still bisexual and allowed to state themselves as such. I sense a ton of ignorance from your statements.

As for me, I am bisexual. Not that it really matters because I am unworthy of anyone anyways, so my chances of being with anyone are still zero. Yay.

Never said they weren't aloud to, I just stated that it was in my opinion that they should state whatever they are most affiliated with.  Nobody's forcing it on them.  Strengthen your self esteem too.  Don't judge that you're "unworthy" of anything.

You really misunderstand what "In my opinion" means don't you.  Telling me that my opinion is objectively "wrong" doesn't change it for anyone.  It's still my opinion.

Edited by John

My sexual orientation, eh? Why, that'd be ponysexual. Heh, just kidding. I'm heterosexual, like most people. I don't care if somebody's straight or gay or whatever. I firmly believe in equal rights, and I'd love to see a day when people get treated equally regardless of sexuality.

No shit Sherlock.  I just said that I would prefer it if these people stated that they we're whichever one they most affiliate themselves with so Its more standardized and less confusing.  Otherwise, we have 10% 20% 30% 40% 50% bisexual people all categorized into "bisexual" and it gets confusing for everyone else.

And why exactly do you have the right to tell other people what their sexual orientation is? If someone wants to call themself bisexual then they have every right to do so.  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

And why exactly do you have the right to tell other people what their sexual orientation is? If someone wants to call themself bisexual then they have every right to do so.  

I want you to read to me what exactly I said In this quotation I'm about to post and figure out why what you said doesn't really make sense with respect to what I said.

"I just said that I would prefer it if these people stated that they were whichever one they most affiliate themselves with so Its more standardized and less confusing"

Nobody said I'm forcing it on anyone, you can call yourself whatever you want.  Do people on this thread not understand what an opinion is?  My thoughts are not law.

Edited by John

(edited)

Uhm. He said that HE would prefer them to do so, and he's talking about his opinion... He's not telling anyone to do so.

It's like I went out on the street, saw a blonde guy wearing a white shirt and would say to my friend ,,I think that guy over there would look better in a darker shirt.". It's not forcing anything on anyone, just stating my opinion without expressing any requests for the world to abide accordingly to it.

Edited by Nouth
  • Brohoof 1

I want you to read to me what exactly I said In this quotation I'm about to post and figure out why what you said doesn't really make sense with respect to what I said.

"I just said that I would prefer it if these people stated that they were whichever one they most affiliate themselves with so Its more standardized and less confusing"

Nobody said I'm forcing it on anyone, you can call yourself whatever you want.  Do people on this thread not understand what an opinion is?  My thoughts are not law.

Fine whatever, that's your opinion and not mine. I just don't like it when people try intervene with other people's lives.

Uhm. He said that HE would prefer them to do so, and he's talking about his opinion... He's not telling anyone to do so.

It's like I went out on the street, saw a blonde guy wearing a white shirt and would say to my friend ,,I think that guy over there would look better in a darker shirt.". It's not forcing anything on anyone, just stating my opinion without expressing any requests for the world to abide accordingly to it.

Okay okay, (see post above). 

Fine whatever, that's your opinion and not mine. I just don't like it when people try intervene with other people's lives.

Okay okay, (see post above). 

*Insert sarcasm*

Because that's what I was really trying to do.

You cannot possibly expect to say this without being at least partially hypocritical.  We both are posting on the same forum and you have just as much of a potential for influencing other people's lives as I do. :P

*Insert sarcasm*

Because that's what I was really trying to do.

You cannot possibly expect to say this without being at least partially hypocritical.  We both are posting on the same forum and you have just as much of a potential for influencing other people's lives as I do. :P

There's a difference between choosing believe something because you agree on it, and having something forced onto you. If someone agrees with me, that's their choice and not mine.

There's a difference between choosing believe something because you agree on it, and having something forced onto you. If someone agrees with me, that's their choice and not mine.

Doesn't that apply to me too?  Or is this a special case that works only for you?

Show me the text where I said that I was forcing other people to agree with me or think the way I do because I really can't seem to find it.

Doesn't that apply to me too?  Or is this a special case that works only for you?

Show me the text where I said that I was forcing other people to agree with me or think the way I do because I really can't seem to find it.

I never said that you were forcing your beliefs onto other people. Anyways this is getting off-topic and has nothing to do with orientation. 

(edited)

Bisexual.

Not sure what else to say.

I like penis, and vagina.

I kinda like penis slightly more.

But I really like boobies...

I'm a human. I appreciate all parts of the body.

Edited by Keiichi
  • Brohoof 2

I'm not trying to falsify it for anyone else, I just don't think its as prevalent as people say it is. I often find people saying "Yeah, I've liked many women my whole life, but I think I once liked this one single guy, so I think I'm actually Bisexual." (and visa versa.) It's like buying a seedless watermelon, finding one black seed and harping on the fact that it's not seedless. In my opinion, "bisexual" people should just state that they are the orientation that they are the most affiliated with.

It actually is quite prevalent. As Kyoshi said, bisexuality is sexual attraction to both genders. If there was that one time in your life you were attracted to the same gender, chances are you're bicurious at the very least. People who're bisexual often say which way they lean anyways. There's only a few posts here that I've read saying one is bisexual, full stop. People often said "I'm bisexual, tho I prefer guys more than girls" but that doesn't make them any less bisexual by definition as they're attracted to both genders. Heterosexual and homosexual are exclusively the attraction to the opposite and same gender respectively. Bisexuality means both, regardless of which way one leans more than the other.

• Brohoof 2

It actually is quite prevalent. As Kyoshi said, bisexuality is sexual attraction to both genders. If there was that one time in your life you were attracted to the same gender, chances are you're bicurious at the very least. People who're bisexual often say which way they lean anyways. There's only a few posts here that I've read saying one is bisexual, full stop. People often said "I'm bisexual, tho I prefer guys more than girls" but that doesn't make them any less bisexual by definition as they're attracted to both genders. Heterosexual and homosexual are exclusively the attraction to the opposite and same gender respectively. Bisexuality means both, regardless of which way one leans more than the other.

Yes, and that's fine.

But PERSONALLY,  and IN MY OPINION, I think that SOME (not all) bisexual people are just confused about what they actually are.

Yes, and that's fine.

But PERSONALLY,  and IN MY OPINION, I think that SOME (not all) bisexual people are just confused about what they actually are.

Granted. Hence the term "bicurious" and so forth. It takes account of people who might be leaning toward the other end of the spectrum to some extent.

Granted. Hence the term "bicurious" and so forth. It takes account of people who might be leaning toward the other end of the spectrum to some extent.

Well, then in my opinion "bicurious" ought to be used more than "bisexual" for people who actually are "bicurious."  Just for the sake of being correct.

(edited)
Granted. Hence the term "bicurious" and so forth. It takes account of people who might be leaning toward the other end of the spectrum to some extent

but sometimes the line between bi-curious and bisexual can be very fine. a bisexual person can have a preference for one but still knows they like the other, and a bi-curious person can almost exclusively like one but have some thoughts about the other. but the latter can be someone that is bisexual but has a almost exclusive (but not complete) preference for one but still likes the other. they can either identify themselves as bisexual leaning far on one end of the spectrum or can be heterosexual that has bi-curious thoughts. i myself am bisexual but i lean towards girls but that does not make me bi-curious unless i identify myself as that.

Well, then in my opinion "bicurious" ought to be used more than "bisexual" for people who actually are "bicurious."  Just for the sake of being correct.

Edited by Lightning strike
  • Brohoof 1

@@John,

I'm getting the impression that you want sexuality to be binary, and I don't get why. It's not a simple thing that can always be described as 'I am or I am not.' There's gay and straight and then there's a thousand things between and outside of them, some people feel that they don't fit into any category. I don't get why people want such clear definitions of these things in the first place, everyone can describe themselves as they see fit.

I'm happy to describe myself as bisexual even though the amount of men I've ever been attracted to is far fewer than the amount of women, but bi-curious just doesn't fit me. Some people who are the same as me would prefer to say that they're bi-curious or straight, and that's cool, no-one can define sexuality in absolutes, the only one who really knows your sexuality is you.

• Brohoof 1

I'm hartosexual.

IF ANYONE GETS THAT I AM IMMEDIATELY FRIENDING YOU CUZ YOU ARE AWESOME

FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER FILLER

...i get iiittt XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD 

there is nothing more to say sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk